Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 08:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Looks like my decision to watch Nat Geo tonight is vindicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
lets be honest. aeroguy didnt even watch the speech, so its pointless to get all fired up.

i didnt watch it either because speeches in general bore me, but monitter feeds are buzzing right now with positive commentary.

584 posts, read 871,297 times
lily ledbetter was awesome!! she spoke from the heart and I loved it!!

Old 09-04-2012, 08:37 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
What? You make less than no sense.
There is a difference between Gods laws and laws made by man. I don't understand how you don't grasp that concept.

Based on MY relationship with God I don't have sex outside of marriage. That is a choice I made based on MY relationship with God. However, I don't expect anyone else to make that choice based on MY relationship with God.

Based on MY relationship with God I wouldn't have an abortion. That is a choice I made based on MY relationship with God. However, I don't expect anyone else to make that choice based on MY relationship with God.

Based on MY relationship with God I wouldn't be involved in a same sex relationship. That is a choice I made based on MY relationship with God. However, I don't expect anyone else to make that choice based on MY relationship with God.

You can't get arrested for having sex with your boyfriend. You can't get arrested for having a legal abortion. You can't be arrested for being gay. You can get arrested for murder....therefore your example was not only wrong but quite stupid.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:39 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
lets be honest. aeroguy didnt even watch the speech, so its pointless to get all fired up.

i didnt watch it either because speeches in general bore me, but monitter feeds are buzzing right now with positive commentary.
I listened to every word of his speech. You didn't, but yet here you are commenting. Why is that?

Old 09-04-2012, 08:39 PM

998 posts, read 1,324,653 times
This thread is nothing more than Rethug "Damage Control", LOL. I'm sure you're seething as you should be. Castro hit it out of the park! Unlike that funeral that Chris Christie provided over lasweek in Tampa, Castro connected with the audience (and actually mentioned the candidate that he's there to support)

Old 09-04-2012, 08:40 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
I like the dress Michelle is wearing.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
This thread is nothing more than Rethug "Damage Control", LOL. I'm sure you're seething as you should be. Castro hit it out of the park! Unlike that funeral that Chris Christie provided over lasweek in Tampa, Castro connected with the audience (and actually mentioned the candidate that he's there to support)
I have to say the DNC is not talking about personal stuff (like romney and the birth certificate LOL). Castro was uplifting , positive and he did not resort to dirty attacks.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:42 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
Damage Control? LOL.....there's no damage to control.....The Token Rookie Latino presented absolutely nothing compelling in regards to Barack Obama. I've seen more convincing cheerleading at a high school football game.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:43 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Do you own a watch?

Everything about his speech sucked. The delivery....the content......everything.
His delivery was spirited, warm, flawless, delivered with an easy and the content was both personal and supportive of the President. I'm sorry we don't agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections