Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 09:45 PM

684 posts, read 1,150,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Michelle Obama just delivered a speech that was so moving and substantive, that it brought tears to the eyes of many who watched and listened to it. By comparison, Ann Romney's speech was stupid, and entirely shallow. In fact, Michelle's speech was better than Romney, Ryan, and any speech made by every person at the RNC last week. Michelle's speech was greater than any speech by Mitt Romney in his lifetime.

Just incredible the superior ideology that Michelle represents. President Obama is a great man. I'm proud to have a man of such character, depth, and substance at the helm.

Quick, get your flame retardant suit on! The right wing commandos are going to show up with their napalm any minute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

11,531 posts, read 10,287,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
It drives me crazy that she's fifty pounds overweight but tells others how to eat.
If someone suggesting to you that you eat healthy drives you crazy, then you probably have a really effed up diet, Twinkies for breakfast and Spam for dinner?

8,299 posts, read 8,604,375 times
Quote:
I'm watching her now. Her upper body is in beautiful shape, but she is definitely carrying an extra fifty below the waist.
You're nuts.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:46 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
Are you mad because some people actually felt her speech? Her speech had excellent execution but what's more important is you could SEE she actually meant every word. It was authentic and not ONE bash at the other party. Calling the first lady a clown shows why you're probably voting for Mitt, but just like the person you're voting for you have to bash someone to make a statement.

Figures.

They felt it because they are blind partisan Dems..... I am voting for most likely Gary Johnson..... some very pathetic people on here with their assumptions

She was full of crap just like most party politicians today..... I think Romney is full of crap too for the umpteenth time

Old 09-04-2012, 09:47 PM

489 posts, read 621,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Not really. Because our country is founded on freedoms and choices. And as someone pointed out, above, unless it's illegal it's apparently okay. If you are a religious person and you have an abortion, in pro-choice societies you would not go to jail but would be rightfully (morally) shunned by, or excommunicated, from your religious group. It's important to carefully sort out our thinking when it comes to Politics (objectively created laws based on the greater good of society) and Religion (subjective morals based on specific spiritual teachings).

To translate, I am against abortion within the context of my religion. But I believe in a free society and a separation of Church and State. If I have an abortion, I should be punished within the community of my religion, not by my government.
"unless it's illegal, it's apparently ok?" Really? Killing Jews was legal once. Slavery was legal. Were those things ok at the time? I see the issue of abortion as no different.

9,367 posts, read 25,206,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Michelle Obama just delivered a speech that was so moving and substantive, that it brought tears to the eyes of many who watched and listened to it. By comparison, Ann Romney's speech was stupid, and entirely shallow. In fact, Michelle's speech was better than Romney, Ryan, and any speech made by every person at the RNC last week. Michelle's speech was greater than any speech by Mitt Romney in his lifetime.

Just incredible the superior ideology that Michelle represents. President Obama is a great man. I'm proud to have a man of such character, depth, and substance at the helm.
Very moving speech. Just heard someone on CSPAN say he was clapping in his living room for her during the speech!

13,186 posts, read 14,974,480 times
Here is the language on Israel in the 2012 Dem platform bragging about sending more US taxdollars to Israel while Americans suffer.

President Obama and the Democratic Party maintain an unshakable commitment to Israel’s security. A strong and secure Israel is vital to the United States not simply because we share strategic interests, but also because we share common values. For this reason, despite budgetary constraints, the President has worked with Congress to increase security assistance to Israel every single year since taking office, providing nearly $10 billion in the past three years.

Obama and the GOP will cut your kids Social Security benefits next year, but the aid to Israel just gets larger and larger.

Goes to show just how corrupted this Nation is.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:48 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If someone suggesting to you that you eat healthy drives you crazy, then you probably have a really effed up diet, Twinkies for breakfast and Spam for dinner?
Fatties giving diet advice drives me crazy. My diet is excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You're nuts.
Maybe true, but I know what fifty pounds of fat looks like, and that's the kind of weight she's carrying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If you think she's 50lbs over weight, you must think Limbaugh or Christie are 800lbs overweight.
Christie should be locked in a closet. The fat warbling in his mouth also drives me nuts.

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
I'm watching her now. Her upper body is in beautiful shape, but she is definitely carrying an extra fifty below the waist.
That is called her @ss, and it looks fine, again, I don't think you know what the word "overweight" means.

441 posts, read 501,149 times
She was wonderful! And Julian Castro: OK, time to start placing bets. This guy'll be President. Finally, a Texas politician this Texan can admire. Ann Richards would have been so delighted with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections