Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 12:02 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
From Romney's plan:

• Give every family access to a great school and
quality teachers - How's he going to do this?

• Provide access to affordable and effective higher
education options - How's he going to do this? Is he going to increase government spending by providing more money to college students?

• Focus job training programs on building valuable
skills that align with opportunities - Isn't this the purpose of job training programs to begin with? So he is padding his list.

• Attract and retain the best and the brightest from
around the world - This post is the staple of vague.

• Curtail the unfair trade practices of countries
like China - How Romney? You gonna stop trading with China? I doubt that is going to happen.

• Open new markets for American goods and services - to who Romney? and what markets? and what American goods?

• Build stronger economic ties in Latin America - How Romney? and what is he going to do, go to the Olympics in Brazil and call it good?

• Create a Reagan Economic Zone to strengthen free
enterprise around the world - another great vague idea from Romney, I wonder how he is going to strengthen free enterprise?

• Give states responsibility for programs that they can
implement more effectively - vague post, but I do support this vague idea....wish he had details to explain what he means.

• Consolidate agencies and align compensation
of federal workers with their private-sector
counterparts - which ones? talk about vague.

• Reduce taxes on job creation through individual and
corporate tax reform - so he wants to reduce taxes for "job creators." How will that increase jobs?

• Stop the increases in regulation that are tangling job
creators in red tape - I wonder what red tape he is talking about, and again he mentions job creators without saying what he would do to increase jobs.

• Protect workers and businesses from strong-arm
labor union tactics - that's funny I thought unions were for worker's rights, so he basically wants to reduce unions so businesses can keep more money at the top rather than provide their workers with fair pay.

• Replace Obamacare with real health care reform
that controls cost and improves care - Replace it with what? Romneycare or Ryancare? Oh and hint, Romneycare is Obamacare, so I guess he wouldn't have to actually do anything other than change the name.

Yep, there is nothing vague at all in Romney's plan.
Excellent post. Romney is all platitudes and vague, empty rhetoric with no specifics on how he would actually achieve anything. I predict the poster you were responding to will come back with pure obfuscation and not address a single point you made here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 12:04 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Here's how I look at it--am I better off than I was in January of 2008? No. Am I better off than I was in January of 2009--absolutely. The crash gutted our investments, destroyed a huge chunk of equity in our home, and did some real damage to my husband's business. We've come back strong since then in all those areas, even though we're still not where we were. I went full time with my own little firm a couple of years ago, and it's doing well. Whether some of you like it or not, we ARE slowly making progress on the economy. I want to know specifically what Romney proposes to do to pick up the pace of the recovery, but so far all we're getting is "anyone but Obama" crap that tells us nothing.

I'm guessing most families can't add another wage earner to their bottom line. Pretty scary that you went back to work and you still aren't caught up. But thanks for being honest.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:06 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Excellent post. Romney is all platitudes and vague, empty rhetoric with no specifics on how he would actually achieve anything. I predict the poster you were responding to will come back with pure obfuscation and not address a single point you made here.

So show us OBAMA'S PLAN

Old 09-03-2012, 12:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Hello!!! Anybody there?

Clue: If we're not better off than we were 4 years ago, that means we're worse off. Bush was nowhere to be seen during that time.

Another Rocket Science Moment brought to you by a Republican.
Second your emotion, dahhhhhhhh! some people are in la la land, or just plain dense?

Bottom line, most people if they are going to be honest, are not better off, and this sure as hell ain't Hope and this ain't good Change we can believe in.

Presdients inheriet messes, but they don't make them worse! And they don't spend as if there is no tomorrow!

Old 09-03-2012, 12:12 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
So show us OBAMA'S PLAN
Economy | Change.gov: The Obama-Biden Transition Team

Here you go, and a funny thing about this link, there is a description attached to each bullet point, unlike Romney's vague proposal. So please, surprise me with your next deflection, I always enjoy reading the things you make up all while avoiding questions.

So you care to address my post about each of Romney's vague ideas or are you gonna pretend it never happened...I am guessing you will do the second option.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:12 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514
I predict the poster you were responding to will come back with pure obfuscation and not address a single point you made here.
Quote:
So show us OBAMA'S PLAN
Right on cue!

Last edited by HeyJude514; 09-03-2012 at 12:30 PM..

Old 09-03-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:

Ummmmmm...hello?

That was 4 YEARS ago.

He tried it and it didn't work. Democratic Gov. O'Malley even agrees with that.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:17 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I'm guessing most families can't add another wage earner to their bottom line. Pretty scary that you went back to work and you still aren't caught up. But thanks for being honest.
You don't seem to understand the difference between net worth/wealth and income. Our "wages" or earnings have nothing to do with any of it. We lost a big chunk of our investments when the market crashed, plus a ton of equity in the property we own. Those have recovered for the most part, but not to where they would have been if the recession had never happened. You should know the very basics about the recession and the market crash/falling property values if you own a home, have any market investments at all, etc. I'm guessing from this post that you don't.

I'm not sure I get your post. Are you saying that the economy has improved SO MUCH over the last few years that we shouldn't have taken any hit at all? That kind of counters your argument that things have gone to h*ll and that Romney is going to save us all, doesn't it?

Last edited by mb1547; 09-03-2012 at 12:42 PM..

Old 09-03-2012, 12:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Ummmmmm...hello?

That was 4 YEARS ago.

He tried it and it didn't work. Democratic Gov. O'Malley even agrees with that.
Wow, you should be playing in the NFL, you are fast with your deflections.

Oh and you still haven't answered my post about Romney's vague plan....though don't worry, I never expected you would anyway.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Wow, you should be playing in the NFL, you are fast with your deflections.

Oh and you still haven't answered my post about Romney's vague plan....though don't worry, I never expected you would anyway.

I asked you to post Obama's Plan and you posted something 4 years old.

Where are the details of Obama's Plan?

Romney gave specific percentages, and Obama hasn't got ANY plan.

Is NO PLAN better than a REAL PLAN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections