Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 04:14 PM

12,920 posts, read 13,611,483 times

Advertisements

Chicago has over 12,000 sworn cops, These 50 lucky guys are getting overtime and a paid vacation compared to what they have to go back to. I bet more than 50 raised their hand when he asked who wants this assignment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 04:27 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,534,369 times
Gosh I love the hypocrisy of this one.

Conservatives, I thought guns didn't kill people, people did.

So, riddle me this. What exactly do you want Rahm and his police force to do to prevent people from pulling the trigger?

Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 PM

1,196 posts, read 836,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Gosh I love the hypocrisy of this one.

Conservatives, I thought guns didn't kill people, people did.

So, riddle me this. What exactly do you want Rahm and his police force to do to prevent people from pulling the trigger?
As Mayor, Rudy Giuliani has returned accountability to City government and improved the quality of life for all New Yorkers. Under his leadership, overall crime is down 57%, murder has been reduced 65%, and New York City - once infamous around the world for its dangerous streets - has been recognized by the F.B.I. as the safest large city in America for the past five years.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:57 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,476,638 times
The analysis of whether Mayor Emanuel is doing a good job or not is best left to people who know him and his works as Mayor, not some carpetbaggers who express extremist views on a wide variety of topics. I live in Chicago and I think my opinion is the majority opinion in the city. He's doing a good job.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:25 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
As Mayor, Rudy Giuliani has returned accountability to City government and improved the quality of life for all New Yorkers. Under his leadership, overall crime is down 57%, murder has been reduced 65%, and New York City - once infamous around the world for its dangerous streets - has been recognized by the F.B.I. as the safest large city in America for the past five years.
Yet there is still heavy crime in parts of the Bronx and eastern Brooklyn. In Chicago, much of the violent crime takes place in 25% of the city. Giuliani did a great job cleaning up Manhattan and much of inner Brooklyn, but in no way did he cure NYC from violent crime.

When was the last time you saw tourists walking around Brownsville or East New York? Heck, when was the last time you were in either of those two neighborhoods?

Old 09-03-2012, 09:32 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,315,724 times

Yeah, this is the kind of Chicago politics that America needs,

Old 09-03-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Yeah, this is the kind of Chicago politics that America needs,
America needs photoshopped pictures? That's odd, I thought America needed jobs.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:07 PM

1,196 posts, read 836,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yet there is still heavy crime in parts of the Bronx and eastern Brooklyn. In Chicago, much of the violent crime takes place in 25% of the city. Giuliani did a great job cleaning up Manhattan and much of inner Brooklyn, but in no way did he cure NYC from violent crime.

When was the last time you saw tourists walking around Brownsville or East New York? Heck, when was the last time you were in either of those two neighborhoods?
recognized by the F.B.I. as the safest large city in America for the past five years.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
recognized by the F.B.I. as the safest large city in America for the past five years.
Safest and "no crime" are two different things. When was the last time you took a stroll through Brownsville? I'll wait for your answer, I am sure you walk around that neighborhood daily.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:16 PM

578 posts, read 1,090,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
But you don't mind the RNC charging the American people $50 million for thier security?
?? Where'd you dig up this stat? I know each party received $18 mil. Didn't see this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections