Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 07:00 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,574,975 times

Advertisements

Mitt Romney says many, many things that are not true. He says this despite being in possession of the correct facts of the matter.

Which is to say that Mitt Romney lies. A lot. He lies more than any other national candidate for office in my lifetime. And I was born before the Nixon administration.

This is documented. Proven. Validated, verified, demonstrated, catalogued and quantified. Mitt Romney lies.
Here are 30 — 30! — of Benen’s weekly “chronicling” posts.

These are all backed up and sourced. These are not assertions, interpretations or allegations. These are facts, actual instances.Source
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 07:43 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,535,816 times
I think we are about to see what a huge advantage an incumbent has in this day and age.

With all the fact checking of the challenger, it sure behooves the incumbent to stay at least somewhat honest.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:45 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,404,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Mitt Romney says many, many things that are not true. He says this despite being in possession of the correct facts of the matter.

Which is to say that Mitt Romney lies. A lot. He lies more than any other national candidate for office in my lifetime. And I was born before the Nixon administration.

This is documented. Proven. Validated, verified, demonstrated, catalogued and quantified. Mitt Romney lies.

These are all backed up and sourced. These are not assertions, interpretations or allegations. These are facts, actual instances.Source
So what you are saying is that Romney has to work much harder just to come close to matching the number of lies spewed by Obama.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,643,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post

lolol

That's about all I can say.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:52 PM

Thumbs down lol...nice try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
So what you are saying is that Romney has to work much harder just to come close to matching the number of lies spewed by Obama.
Perhaps this is what you're saying.

I'm certain what I wrote was clear; however, if there's any ambiguity - go back, and read what I wrote.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:53 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,552,376 times
The RWNJs are so far removed from reality that their entire existence is a lie. How can they discern truth or even more why would they want to. The USA they are constantly praising and loving is a figment of their twisted imaginations. it has never existed and never will. They are so bad that many times when I have recognized a complete and utter lie coming from one or another of them, it was not even necessary in any way to lie. That is just the default position of their existence.

Look at Ryan for example. Lying about his marathon running is a sympton of a very unstable personality. He really must lack self esteem to a huge degree. I have met many pathological liars in my life and they all share with Ryan the characteristic that their lies are obvious and so easily uncovered. Their minds just don't seem capable of understanding that concept. One thing I have learned from experience is that this type of person can NOT BE TRUSTED at all.

So, here we have a rising star in the GOP. Rubio by name. It turns out that the guy's entire life story is a complete lie. His family DID NOT flee from Castro's Cuba at all but left years before while Cuba was still under the Batista regime. The GOP obviously don't think this invention of his life is important. That's very scary in it's self. Just think back a few years when many American institutions operated under the "honor system". He would be immediately be permanently thrown out of such a place and become a person non grata to all concerned with upholding the integrity of the institution.

That is a good discription of the GOP today. An institution that can not be trusted, can not be believed and does not deserve to be in a position of trust.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:11 AM

Thumbs up lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lolol

That's about all I can say.
Yeah, I laughed too.

Stunning, isn't it!

Old 09-04-2012, 09:14 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,707,026 times
Obama lies every time he opens his mouth and has been doing that for well over 4 years.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:18 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,190,445 times
The thing that really concerns me, and that raises lots of eyebrows in the common sense crowd, is that the "teavangelicals" seem to operate in their own world, with a different set of "facts" than the rest of us. You can't just make things up to back your viewpoint and then call it the truth, because once you leave your own little circle, you're going to be called out for it.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:20 AM

Lightbulb interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Obama lies every time he opens his mouth and has been doing that for well over 4 years.

Notice there's been NO attempt to argue this simple statement in fact:

lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections