Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 12:09 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Politicians have to pander to certain groups and drum up bs to retain followers and supporters. They take the easy way out by pinning this "group" versus that "group". Its all bull crap. There is no certain gender or race that cant make it in this country. And you dont always need big brother to help you out. But they dont want to talk about that. Especially democrats, who survive solely by creating "victims". With out "victims" the Democratic party would be nearly non-existant. If Liberals/Media were honest with their agenda, they would fail. So they have to lie, they have to come up with bs and pin people against each other.
People look out for number 1, even if they are in the majority. This nation has always been that way.

And if the Republicans were honest with their agenda, they would lose too. Have you ever asked why so many people who are racist against minorities are attracted to the Republican Party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 12:29 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
Honestly, I find all the pandering to woman this year (from both sides of the aisle) to be incredible demeaning. I'm not a poor pathetic creature who needs the government to buy me birth control. I'm a confident woman and business owner. Women are half of the darn population! I'm not helpless. I made six figures in my early 20s. I negotiated my own salary without some silly act to pander to me. And according to my boss, also got the biggest raise he had ever seen.
In my mind, the Democrats started this idiocy of patting women on the head and telling them Daddy government is here to help, but the Republicans have repsonded with pandering as well, and both sides are driving me nuts.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:35 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
Nobody in this country votes against their own interest. it wouldn't make any sense. A rich old white guys who is a business owner would have to be a moron to vote democrat. Somebody who is poor and/or a minority would have to be insane to vote republican. Each parties platform is too different to say this idea is best for the entire country. Seriously, if I'm a single woman, why would I vote for a party that believes that i should carry the baby of some monster who rapes me? One side is in favor of abortion, another says no abortion at all. One side says we'll help the poor, the other side wants people on the streets. You cant get anymore different than that.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:38 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Politicians have to pander to certain groups and drum up bs to retain followers and supporters. They take the easy way out by pinning this "group" versus that "group". Its all bull crap. There is no certain gender or race that cant make it in this country. And you dont always need big brother to help you out. But they dont want to talk about that. Especially democrats, who survive solely by creating "victims". With out "victims" the Democratic party would be nearly non-existant. If Liberals/Media were honest with their agenda, they would fail. So they have to lie, they have to come up with bs and pin people against each other.
lets slow down on the "if liberals/media were honest with their agenda". Republicans are no more honest than democrats.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:55 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,292,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
One side says we'll help the poor, the other side wants people on the streets. You cant get anymore different than that.
A little editing: One side says, "We'll help the poor, but the other side wants people on the streets." Do you actually believe that Republicans want people on the streets? What Republicans are saying this?

Conservatives and liberals have different approaches to helping the poor. Why not say, "I agree with liberals that the best way to help the poor is to tax the rich more so the government has more money to give to the poor." Some people sincerely believe this is the best approach. Some prefer this approach because they are the recipients.

Others, who also deeply care about social issues, give of their own time and money to help the poor but believe that the government's role should be limited. True, some may just not want to give, just as some liberals choose their position because it gets them money. I don't think that's the majority.

Which is more compassionate: to give what is yours, or to get the government to take what is someone else's?

ETA: I am not a Romney supporter.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:04 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,647 times
Bush and Obama BOTH pandered to the UN. Right now, you're not hearing boo from either party as to their "Platform" on the UN/UNESCO going forward. I have to believe that Romney/Ryan will take a stronger stance with the UN than Obama who kisses the UN's backside and even had a "Global Poverty Tax" all lined up in the Senate when he was Senator Obama.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:34 PM

990 posts, read 939,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Nobody in this country votes against their own interest. it wouldn't make any sense. A rich old white guys who is a business owner would have to be a moron to vote democrat. Somebody who is poor and/or a minority would have to be insane to vote republican. Each parties platform is too different to say this idea is best for the entire country. Seriously, if I'm a single woman, why would I vote for a party that believes that i should carry the baby of some monster who rapes me? One side is in favor of abortion, another says no abortion at all. One side says we'll help the poor, the other side wants people on the streets. You cant get anymore different than that.
I would never vote for someone like Romney/Ryan (or anyone who follows the current GOP platform) because they want to force their insane religious beliefs on the rest of us.

I would never vote for someone like Obama/Biden because they simply do not have the balls to tackle the real issues which need to be addressed, like our massively bloated Communist/Welfare program known as the Standing Military, or the 50 year long war against Cuba, or the puritanical laws on prostitution and gambling, or the insanely wasteful and pointless drug war.

Hence why my vote always goes to the Libertarian candidate. They have the balls to say the right thing because they know they can't win anyway, so they just want to get their point across. Maybe one day their message will be heard by more than just the intellectuals and will actually resonate in our idiotic political system, but I'm not holding my breath. I just hope we don't have a party in power that wants to enforce a Christian Sharia Law on us, which is exactly what the GOP platform is...aside from their confusing "pro-life" stance juxtaposed with their pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-assault rifle with unlimited clips positions.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:22 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
People look out for number 1, even if they are in the majority. This nation has always been that way.

And if the Republicans were honest with their agenda, they would lose too. Have you ever asked why so many people who are racist against minorities are attracted to the Republican Party?
No, I never noticed that because it isn't true. How about Hispanics who are mostly Democrats that think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and blackmail candidates by threatening to withold their votes if they don't treat them special? Now that's racism!

Old 09-07-2012, 04:53 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, I never noticed that because it isn't true. How about Hispanics who are mostly Democrats that think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and blackmail candidates by threatening to withold their votes if they don't treat them special? Now that's racism!
Everyone in this country thinks this way. There isn't alot of trust among much of the population. People look out for themselves. This nation has been this way for a long time. The only difference between back then and now is that more people can vote. People have been look out for themselves for ages. I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying it is what it is.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:08 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Everyone in this country thinks this way. There isn't alot of trust among much of the population. People look out for themselves. This nation has been this way for a long time. The only difference between back then and now is that more people can vote. People have been look out for themselves for ages. I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying it is what it is.
So you are saying that citizens advocating for illegal immigrants just because they are ethnically like themselves is just "looking out for themselves"? So you are saying that Hispanic citizens are a part of them (illegal immigrants) rather than their own country and their fellow citizens? Sorry, no it is just plain racism!

No, not everyone in this country thinks along ethic/racial lines when it comes to the breaking of our laws. I am white but I'll be damned if I'd defend a white lawbreaker. I don't have that kind of tribal mentality and racism in my demeanor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections