Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Obama's failed economic policy never failed it was just never allowed to achieve success thanks to 4 years of a do nothing opposition that was in super obstructionist mode from the get go,
So in no small measure can the GOP blame all of Obama's failed economic policy upon Obama as they represent half of the government and all they did to earn their paychecks was to vote no on any legislation the President tried to enact.
An analogy would be hiring some one to drive your bus but never giving him the keys, then giving him grief that he never drove the bus...
And before you come out with the usual rightie bafflegab heres the real story.
The Big Lies of Mitt Romney V: Obama Had A Super-Majority In Congress For Two Years - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast
Who says you need a super majority to govern? Did Reagan have one, Clinton? No, they did not even have majorities. Obama did have a super majority for a time too. He has no leadership ability because he is an ideologue. He could never get a bi partisan bill through because his narcissist personality will not let him compromise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Actually, they had to cancel or change two events, due to a lack of interest. The thing at the beginning (sorry forgotten what it was), and now the big weather scare. Ooooh.

And, remember with the dems convention quotas and the way they pump up the delegate count, is what accounts for both the tapestry of and number of delegates relative to the Repub. All about a manufactured diversity. John King said so, just this morning in an interview.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The Democrats can't even get enough people to half fill the stadium to see Obama give his acceptance speech tomorrow night and you think he is going to win so easily??? That is just pitiful! If enthusiasm is so low you can't even get the party faithful to show up and see the actual sitting president...you got problems.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:10 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I really hope Obama wins this one. This country is on a death spiral and neither Obama nor Mittens can stop it. So when it does fall apart (which could likely happen in the next 4 years) I don't want a Republican President in office. For better or worse the ideas of the free market, capitalism, private property, and liberty are tied in most people's minds to the GOP. When the housing market collapsed "capitalism" and "deregulation" got blamed even though capitalism and deregulation had nothing to do with the collapse. If Mittens and Paul "Marathon Man" Ryan are in office when the currency starts to collapse laissez faire capitalism, and the free market will get blamed once again and some Democrat idiot will get elected to "clean up" again.

Even though Mittens and Marathon Man are ideologically very similar to Obama and wouldn't do a single thing to cut the government most people think that Obama is the "big government" one. So if and when the debt bubble explodes I want Obama in office, the clear statist that everyone identifies as the big government Keynesian. I don't want capitalism left holding the bag again for a Keynesian mistake.
I think the collapse can be stopped with a GOP win. Business and banks have over $2T on the sidelines that they will begin to invest and lend if Romney wins. That will get the economy moving, increase revenue and permit the reforms that are needed.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:12 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
A long long time ago, you would have been the guy going "Hitler being dead isn't going to do anybody any good!"
Probably not, but I am smart enough to know that comparing the two men to each other is stupid. One clue is, Osama never had any plans of ruling the world or eliminating certain races of people.

There folks is what is wrong with people today, they never sit and think before they speak, they just blab the same old crap over and over again. Romney this, Obama that, over and over, nothing new, just what the TV told them.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Mitt Romney will not win the presidency in November. He was soundly rejected in '08. The only reason that he is the nominee this election is NOT because he is the most qualified, desirable, or ideal Republican hopeful who exists. It is because the other choices were so historically BAD. The man has a repulsive record at Bain that would surely sink his chances were he to be more transparent. Deval Patrick gave a moving speech about Romney as governor. Romney nothing more than a goon with an enormous sense of entitlemen and a false sense of superiority. He has such a repulsive, self-serving history, that he has vowed never to release his tax returns. We're supposed to "take his word" that he didn't take advantage of the system like is the custom of the rich people who support him. Absurd.

Deceptive marketing is the foundation of his campaign. It is common knowledge that Bush's presidency was a collosal failure and that the Republican policies that Mitt promotes were a complete failure. He and the GOP want us to pretend that Bush didn't happen. They want us to pretend that the tea party in Congress did nothing but oppose everything President Obama put forth, like a bunch of pouting crybabies in diapers refusing to cooperate because their feelings were hurt. Romney, as the representative of this bunch, the most bigoted in this country, is a loser. This is being clearly exposed this week.

In the coming weeks after the DNC, we will see Romney's numbers begin to fall as the superior President Obama begins to show his obvious superiority. Pubs want to focus on the results of Republican obstructionism. President Obama wants to focus on the progress that he's making despite historically pathetic GOP opposition. I'll take the President's view.

Pubs, are you getting the message yet that Romney hasn't a chance in hell to unseat this popular, effective President Obama? Wake up.
Howd that car wash poll work out for ya? haha..

Old 09-05-2012, 09:30 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I think the collapse can be stopped with a GOP win. Business and banks have over $2T on the sidelines that they will begin to invest and lend if Romney wins. That will get the economy moving, increase revenue and permit the reforms that are needed.
I'm skeptical of this. Besides neither Mitt nor Paul Ryan has indicated they are willing to really tackle reforms to entitlements. Entitlements are the largest driver of public debt. Our fiscal gap is 222T and Mitt wants to increase defense spending and "restore" the 700B to Medicare that went to Obamacare. I do believe the business climate would be better under Romney but would it be enough? Also Mitt still embraces the idea of fiat currency provided by the Federal Reserve. Mitt has more convincing to do for me to believe that. I don't want our country to decline but I don't believe the GOP has anything to put it off.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:35 PM

998 posts, read 1,325,548 times
Romney is a career loser

Old 09-05-2012, 09:44 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
That's exactly right. Once the dust settles after the election, things will pick up dramatically. It always does when a R is elected. Business likes Republicans and Republicans like business . That's just the way it is.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:58 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Am I getting the message? Yes, even more affirmed I'll vote for Romney.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's exactly right. Once the dust settles after the election, things will pick up dramatically. It always does when a R is elected. Business likes Republicans and Republicans like business . That's just the way it is.
Except that's not what you thought last month!

And now, for your reading pleasure, a quote, from Dale "Keepin' It Classy" Cooper:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper
No doubt Romney has surrounded himself with idiots. He's pulling a McCain and deliberately losing the election. For the Republicans to have put up Romney in the first place is unforgiveable. He's doing everything within his power to lose. I don't think Oboy haters can save him with the 'anybody but obama' vote.
You're welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections