Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 07:58 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you are saying you live in la-la land? Romney would have to win it all to beat Obama in this election, so basically Romney has to work harder on every front to hope to have even the slightest chance of winning.
I guess you don't understand. This election is about the economy and the economy is terrible. Obama has already lost.

I am really amused by the liberals who actually think that Bo has a chance. His poor economic performance has doomed him, and the unemployment rates have been the nails in the coffin. I am shocked that anyone with any common sense thinks he has a chance at all.

I am sure that the wishful thinking among libs is simply "carrying the water" for the party. All of those on this board who ASSURED us that Obama would win will deny having ever said any such thing. That is the beauty of liberalism (based in Stalinism)- truth is relative and one simply changes history to suit one's purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 08:00 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Thumbs down lol...Epic Fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The NYT is in the pocket of the libs. Do you think they'd write a fair report about what Obama's chances in November are?

Obama is set to speak tomorrow. They had a stadium all picked out, only they cancelled that venue "conveniently" and are claiming it's because of a "weather" issue. The fact is that they are busing in spectators from all over North Carolina as well as from out of state to fill the new "smaller" venue.

Sad.
Ever been in Time Warner Cable Arena? Here ya go - TIME WARNER CABLE ARENA CAPACITY

5000-7000 Delegates and 15,000 press will pretty much take every seat.

The football stadium, Bank of America Stadium, had tickets and credentials in the hands of 65,000 people before the venue was changed. It's been raining like crazy, off and on here for a week since the hurricane hit the gulf coast.

~good grief

Old 09-05-2012, 08:39 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I think he predicted that the GOP would win on the low end 50 seats and as many as 70 seats on the high end.
20 seat range? Even I could make such a prediction and then brag after the fact that I was "spot on."

Old 09-05-2012, 08:51 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That will be in November. At that time, you will come to understand that the American public demands a competent president, not one who can read a teleprompter.
i hope you won't be to disappointed in November.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:14 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Is Rasmussen in the pocket of the libs too?

2012 Electoral College Scoreboard - Rasmussen Reports™
Romney could win all of the toss up states. The reason? In presidential re-elections the challenger gets 80% of the undecided. Read it and weep libs. Romney leads in every swing state taking that into account.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:44 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
His model will be updated after the Friday jobs reports.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:48 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
20 seat range? Even I could make such a prediction and then brag after the fact that I was "spot on."
He called 49 out of 50 states right in 2008 and had every senate race right. He missed two senate seats in 2010 because the polling under polled spanish speaking hispanics. The guy knows his stuff and is a repected statistician. You and whoever else can ignore the data. I'll stick with the guy who actually knows what he's talking about.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:50 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The NYT is in the pocket of the libs. Do you think they'd write a fair report about what Obama's chances in November are?

Obama is set to speak tomorrow. They had a stadium all picked out, only they cancelled that venue "conveniently" and are claiming it's because of a "weather" issue. The fact is that they are busing in spectators from all over North Carolina as well as from out of state to fill the new "smaller" venue.

Sad.
Do you have a source for that information? The busing in "spectators" from all over North Carolina?

Old 09-06-2012, 06:17 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
i hope you won't be to disappointed in November.

I am sure I will not. This election is like it already happened. Just as in 2008, in which ANY DEMOCRAT was going to beat the republican, 2012 is an election in which ANY REPUBLICAN will beat Obama.

The economy is terrible and people are frightened about the future for thier families and the nation. Obama has failed for the last four years and the majority of Americans know that we cannot afford another four years of incompetence. It is that simple. The poor economic performance of the Obama admin dicatates that he will be defeated in November- he has no chance.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:47 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
It is about the economy as they say. However, Romney/Ryan haven't done a good enough job explaining how they would make the economy better. The swing voters and independents aren't buying into Mitt Romney. Running "not Obama" isn't enough to beat President Obama. That is why Obama is going to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections