Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:31 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Honestly, why are you defending this? He lied. Get over it already and move on.
You're quite right. I'm tired of dealing with hallucinating libs, who believe that they have the power to read the mind of someone they have never met, and furthermore don't know the definitions of a fairly simple word like "lie."

LIAMD out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 09:39 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
You think Paul Ryan is so monumentally ignorant that he isn't aware that running on the freakin' Presidential ticket is going to subject is every utterance to exhaustive scrutiny?
It appears that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Also, your thesis that Paul Ryan can't distinguish between reality and lies he's been telling for many years (according to you) is ... um ... interesting ... Certain a novel rationalization for a politician's lies.

So, let's sum up your ideas:
*Paul Ryan lies because he doesn't think anyone should fact-check the veracity of his statements, and/or
*He's been lying for so long he believes his lies are true

Hey, I'm sure Paul Ryan appreciates your speaking up on his behalf!
It seems to be a pattern with republicans these days. Some would call it revisionist history. One example would be that economic collapse is more Obama's fault than it was Bush's. Just like you guys seem to think that 7% unemployment and losing jobs at 750,000 a month is better than where we are now. Or that whole super majority thing for 2 years.... Keep repeating lies and you guys actually start to believe this stuff.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:42 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
You're quite right. I'm tired of dealing with hallucinating libs, who believe that they have the power to read the mind of someone they have never met, and furthermore don't know the definitions of a fairly simple word like "lie."

LIAMD out.
You are also claiming to read Ryan's mind. That's what you are missing. The fact is is that it is unfortunately not uncommon for people to feel the need to lie about stupid things like this (e.g., weight, height, x-minute mile, etc). Normally no one cares or at least gets caught because s/he isn't running for VP.

Last edited by helenejen; 09-06-2012 at 09:50 PM..

Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Wondering how fast YOU should tell people you run a marathon?

The Original Paul Ryan Time Calculator

Thank you internet!
Ok I tried this out!

The only time I can remember running a mile was 13:26, but now I can tell my friends and family I ran in 9:44!

Thank you Paul Ryan! I'm a MUCH better athlete than I thought I was!

But seriously, I want to thank the OP. At first I thought this was an overblown-media thing, but when I read all these posts from people who run, I realized...

Paul Ryan isn't just a regular politician-liar, he's pathological. There is NOTHING too small for the little narcissist to exaggerate and mislead people about for his own benefit.

Thanks, OP, for showing me the light!

Old 09-06-2012, 10:06 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I broke par at Pebble Beach? What, I'm expected to remember spots results correctly to brag about them?

Old 09-06-2012, 10:10 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You are also claiming to read Ryan's mind. That's what you are missing. The fact is is that it is unfortunately not uncommon for people to feel the need to lie about stupid things like this (e.g., weight, height, x-minute mile, etc). Normally no one cares or at least gets caught because s/he isn't running for VP.
I'm taking into account certain facts such as that the race was over 20 years ago, he didn't even remember the year, and he doesn't appear to have been a serious competitive runner who would have remembered his time.

Also, the burden of proof is always on the accuser in my world. You're accusing him of lying. It's up to you to provide the evidence, but you don't offer any, hence my conclusion that you implictly lay claim to the ability to read minds.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:18 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
I'm taking into account certain facts such as that the race was over 20 years ago, he didn't even remember the year, and he doesn't appear to have been a serious competitive runner who would have remembered his time.

Also, the burden of proof is always on the accuser in my world. You're accusing him of lying. It's up to you to provide the evidence, but you don't offer any, hence my conclusion that you implictly lay claim to the ability to read minds.
It isn't reading minds. Some people will make excuses for other for a variety of reasons. You are making excuses for him because you want to support Romney/Ryan. That's fine. But you have to admit that if the running shoe were on the other foot, meaning Obama's, you would more than likely not be willing to offer excuses and would take what I consider to be a more common sense approach. But I don't support Romney/Ryan, so I'm not going to be charitable as you are being.

Plus, I just know in my heart of hearts that of any of the majors at Miami U an econ major would be the kind to tell such a stupid lie. Then add in the fact that he was a Delt and it's all over.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:49 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Based on the fact that you're a conservative who supports Paul Ryan and you have no concern for the truth, I assume?

Having discussions about truth for a conservative is an internal discussion. It isnt something liberals are allowed to participate in.

Its almost exactly like felons not being allowed to own firearms.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:39 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Ummm...because he thought he remembered, but he remembered incorrectly. Any more tough questions from the prosecution????
and I guess it was hard for him to remember how many marathons he ran also?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections