Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 03:50 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,459 times

Advertisements

She's lived in NY forty years and still has that thick of an accent where you can barely understand her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 03:54 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
And Obama said in 2008 that candidates that run on scare tactics are showing that they have no record to run on........today, he's running on nothing BUT scare tactics. By his own standard, he's got no rec9ord to run on.

Obama also said in 2008 that he'd cut the deficit in half. LIE

Obama said in 2009 that he'd have unemployment down to 5.2% by now. LIE

Obama said in 2009 that if he didn't turn the economy around by his 3rd year, he wouldn't deserve re-election.

I'm taking him at his word while you seem willing to contradict him.
Obama has a quite a good record to run on and it most likely would have been an excellent record if it were not for you and the rest the GOP party base condoning what Mitch McConnell laid out as a priority. Shame on him and shame on you for not being outraged when he said it. In just a few words, he told you and every other American to "**** off" as the only thing important was political power plays for him and the other Neocon cronies. Your anger is misplaced.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:57 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
sickie seems desperate to talk about something other than the OP

Old 09-06-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
sickie seems desperate to talk about something other than the OP
I was responding to a particular post...what's you problem Booger?..oops, I mean Bugga.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:09 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Obama has a quite a good record to run on and it most likely would have been an excellent record if it were not for you and the rest the GOP party base condoning what Mitch McConnell laid out as a priority. Shame on him and shame on you for not being outraged when he said it. In just a few words, he told you and every other American to "**** off" as the only thing important was political power plays for him and the other Neocon cronies. Your anger is misplaced.

Ummmmm....I'm using Obama's OWN WORDS and his OWN STANDARD to judge things.

If Obama has such a great record to run on...why is he resorting to hiding it and using scare tactics instead?

You also seem to forget that Obama played the violin while America burned for the first two years of his Presidency when he had COMPLETE Democratic control of Congress.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Ummmmm....I'm using Obama's OWN WORDS and his OWN STANDARD to judge things.

If Obama has such a great record to run on...why is he resorting to hiding it and using scare tactics instead?

You also seem to forget that Obama played the violin while America burned for the first two years of his Presidency when he had COMPLETE Democratic control of Congress.
Right off the bat, your post is misinformed on so many levels. I have to split for awhile, but I will address this post.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:44 PM

629 posts, read 771,375 times
She should return to Peurto Rico where the Republican President has the country thriving after cutting the size of government and supporting small business and the free market

Old 09-06-2012, 04:47 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Some people are off -- as we know that the GOP has plenty of kooks too.

So what does this mean, we should all vote for Romney in sympathy?

Old 09-06-2012, 04:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
The only source for this story is The Blaze and then Fox and The Daily Caller picked it up. I'd like to know if it's really true and in the context it was uttered. I've searched everywhere for another source. How many times has someone here said "Boy, I'd like to kill my boss" or "My husband pulled the covers off of me last night. I'd like to kill him!" I saw a photo of this woman and I can just imagine the conversation. [MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-06-2012 at 05:19 PM..

Old 09-06-2012, 04:53 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Well after Clinton's speech last night I can understand how this woman got all worked up. I don't know why the Dems think they have to whip up the crowd by telling sad sack stories and accusing the other side of wanting people to starve, the disabled to die and all the rest of the crap they lay out. All emotions all the time. It's all nonsense directed to get the crowd to vote Dem. Not classy at all. Shameful if you ask me and we have people like her coming out of the woodwork as the result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections