Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:18 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
As this country's first black President, President Obama's inevitable reelection means that a black person is capable of being a two-term President. To the dismay of Republicans, Conservatives, and bigots in this society, President Obama shatters their misguided notion that black people are inferior and undeserving of being respected and treated as equals. President Obama faced more adversity in his rise than any previous President. As a black man, he was given less consideration as a matter of course than any white man or woman. It required that he be supremely versatile, patient, and possess a measure of resolve matched by a rare few outside his race. It required that he be supremely intelligent. He had to be twice as good.

As President, he has faced the greatest opposition in history, cursed by the most obstructionist and short-sighted Republican representation in Congress in this nation's history. He was given the worst mess in history, courtesy of the worst President in history (Republican Bush). He is the most scrutinized, disrespected, and criticized President in history because of the bigoted opposition. Social media has given the opposition more tools to use deceptive marketing to unjustifiably attack him, to an extent that no previous President has had to confront.

Yet, this black man continues to hold himself with class, dignity, integrity, poise, and character like no other. He continues to benefit this country and resuscitate it from the Bush Dark Ages, despite Republican obstructionism, a lousy Supreme Court decision in Citizens United, and billionaire-funding of the opposition's weapons. What a great symbol he (and Michelle) represent for the reality that black people are an extraordinary people, and capable of great things.

Also important too is that his election and reelection are a glaring symbol that this country contains enough non-bigoted, non-black people who represent opportunity for every black person who strives for all that is high and noble as President Obama and his incredible wife Michelle have done.

Yes, President Obama's relection means a great deal as a reflection of this country's progression in an area that Republicans know nothing about: Civil Rights, Equal Opportunity and Consideration for blacks and other historically-disadvantaged minorities.
I, too, am standing up applauding this well written and true post. It's a 15 on a scale of 1 to 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 11:19 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What odds..McCain and Palin ? ROFL..the odds were like 99 to 1 in favor of Obama.
That was NEVER a guarantee that Obama would win. The media kept talking about the "Bradley effect" where the polling would not match the actual votes, espec in a state like Penn with so many older, white voters. When they announced that Obama won Penn, I knew that he had won.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Skin color never came into play for me in 2008. Lack of experience and leadership did.
Skin color won't prevent me from NOT voting for him in 2012.

But that's ok. Call me a racist and a bigot because I refuse to vote for Obama.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:23 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Skin color never came into play for me in 2008. Lack of experience and leadership did.
Skin color won't prevent me from NOT voting for him in 2012.

But that's ok. Call me a racist and a bigot because I refuse to vote for Obama.
Your Texas vote isn't worth anything anyway. Neither is mine.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:24 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
As this country's first black President, President Obama's inevitable reelection means that a black person is capable of being a two-term President. To the dismay of Republicans, Conservatives, and bigots in this society, President Obama shatters their misguided notion that black people are inferior and undeserving of being respected and treated as equals. President Obama faced more adversity in his rise than any previous President. As a black man, he was given less consideration as a matter of course than any white man or woman. It required that he be supremely versatile, patient, and possess a measure of resolve matched by a rare few outside his race. It required that he be supremely intelligent. He had to be twice as good.

As President, he has faced the greatest opposition in history, cursed by the most obstructionist and short-sighted Republican representation in Congress in this nation's history. He was given the worst mess in history, courtesy of the worst President in history (Republican Bush). He is the most scrutinized, disrespected, and criticized President in history because of the bigoted opposition. Social media has given the opposition more tools to use deceptive marketing to unjustifiably attack him, to an extent that no previous President has had to confront.

Yet, this black man continues to hold himself with class, dignity, integrity, poise, and character like no other. He continues to benefit this country and resuscitate it from the Bush Dark Ages, despite Republican obstructionism, a lousy Supreme Court decision in Citizens United, and billionaire-funding of the opposition's weapons. What a great symbol he (and Michelle) represent for the reality that black people are an extraordinary people, and capable of great things.

Also important too is that his election and reelection are a glaring symbol that this country contains enough non-bigoted, non-black people who represent opportunity for every black person who strives for all that is high and noble as President Obama and his incredible wife Michelle have done.

Yes, President Obama's relection means a great deal as a reflection of this country's progression in an area that Republicans know nothing about: Civil Rights, Equal Opportunity and Consideration for blacks and other historically-disadvantaged minorities.

That is just rich.

So people should vote for Obama because he is black and people would be racist if they do not vote for him again?

Only a democrat could come up with that. Whatever happened to judging someone by "the content of their character and not the color of his skin"? You do realize, don't you, how racist your post is? You are saying that blacks are so inept and inferior that they cannot be held to the same standards as white presidents. That is derrogatory and insane. Obama just happens to black, however, the main issue is that he is inept and ineffective.

Obama is incompetent. Carter was incompetent. Race is not an issue in this election; this election is about the economy and Obama has failed dismally. The nation should not have to suffer to soothe the hurt feelings of one petty, inept, petulent black man who has failed and seeks to use the race card as a scapegoat. That is pathetic and insulting to every black citizen who works hard, is competent in thier work, and accepts personal responsibility.

Get real

Old 09-06-2012, 11:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Your Texas vote isn't worth anything anyway. Neither is mine.
Well I haven't voted D or R for the last 2 Presidential elections which makes it even further not worth anything. But it does to me..I vote the person who "I" think is best for this country.

As long as I vote, my vote counts. It's when you stop voting is when you "throw your vote away".

Old 09-06-2012, 01:31 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Here are the reasons to vote for Obama -

"We've Heard It All Before" - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections