Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 01:48 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times

Advertisements

THEN:

"if you don't have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters.

If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things."

- Barak Obama Acceptance Speech 2008

NOW:

Dem Governor at DNC: Poor Women Will Be Forced to Have “Coat Hanger” Abortions in the Bathtub

On Monday’s edition of MSNBC’s “Hardball,” broadcast live from Charlotte, N.C., North Carolina Democratic Gov. Bev Perdue went out of her to blast Republicans and conservatives for their positions on social issues.

“May I make a point?” Perdue said at the site of the 2012 Democratic National Convention. “I’ve never seen a bunch like this here so against regulation, Chris. They want less, less, less. And then it comes to a woman in the bedroom and they want to control everything. I don’t get that.”

Noted women’s issues expert and “Hardball” host Chris Matthews went on to ask Perdue if she thought people understand what it means to support an abortion ban, that such a ban would drive the practice of abortion underground.

“They’re going to go somewhere to end the pregnancy if they can afford it,” Perdue said. “But for poor women you’ll be back to the days of coat hangers in the bathtub and you’ll see women die. No, choice is a huge issue. I”m old enough to think that war was fought.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 01:52 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,071,854 times
i love it, keep it coming. If that gets him back in office, i'm all for it.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
i love it, keep it coming. If that gets him back in office, i'm all for it.

So......lying and being a complete hypocrite are things you think are good qualities for a President.

Basically.....anything Obama says has an expiration date stamped on it.

Kind of like how he called Bush's small deficits "unpatriotic" while he quadruples them.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
So......lying and being a complete hypocrite are things you think are good qualities for a President.

Basically.....anything Obama says has an expiration date stamped on it.

Kind of like how he called Bush's small deficits "unpatriotic" while he quadruples them.
Both candidates lie. I know everything obama says about romney isn't true, but the romney does the samething. You would have to be living under a rock to believe the republicans haven't lied about anything.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Both candidates lie. I know everything obama says about romney isn't true
But this wasn't even about Romney....it was from 2008.

Now he's displaying EXACTLY the scare tactics that he claimed then that he abhorred.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
But this wasn't even about Romney....it was from 2008.

Now he's displaying EXACTLY the scare tactics that he claimed then that he abhorred.
My point is, both sides use scare tactics. Obama tried to be above that, but at the end of the day, he is a politician, and politicians use scare tactics.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
My point is, both sides use scare tactics. Obama tried to be above that, but at the end of the day, he is a politician, and politicians use scare tactics.

Your POINT is a total fail.

Romney wasn't whining about scare tactics, Obama did.

In FACT, Obama said only politicians who have no record to run on use those tactics.

So are you contradicting what he said?

Or, is it more likely Obama himself suddenly finds himself in the position of having no record to run on?

I would say he was right in '08 and wrong now for contradicting himself today.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:37 PM

More of those "scare tactics" proving by Obama's OWN standard that Democrats are afraid to mention Obama's record:

Earlier this year radical Sandra Fluke went before Congress to demand that the government pay for her $10 a month birth control pills.

Democrats believed this was a courageous act.

She also wants you to pay for sex change operations.

And Democrats and the liberal media think she is mainstream.

On Wednesday she warned that Vice President Paul Ryan would allow pregnant women to die in emergency rooms.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Your POINT is a total fail.

Romney wasn't whining about scare tactics, Obama did.

In FACT, Obama said only politicians who have no record to run on use those tactics.

So are you contradicting what he said?

Or, is it more likely Obama himself suddenly finds himself in the position of having no record to run on?

I would say he was right in '08 and wrong now for contradicting himself today.
Is obama whining about scare tactics today? No he is not. I don't care about what he said 4 years ago. Its 2012, he is doing the same thing that republicans are doing. He is a politician, and he is doing what politicians do, lie. He may not have a record to run on, but neither does romney or the republicans.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Is obama whining about scare tactics today? No he is not. I don't care about what he said 4 years ago.
That's quite OBVIOUS!!!

What is also quite obvious is that Obama could tell you the sky is green and you'd argue with me that it's true.

Another quite obvious thing is that you seem to have realized that Obama's foot is caught in a trap of his own making.

Why don't you just admit that HE set the standard and is now proving by his own metric that he has NO RECORD that he's proud to run on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections