Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

You really don't need 10 reasons one or two will do. I don't think Dem posters here realize how far to the Left Obama has taken their party.

Ten reasons top Democrats are worried about the 2012 election | Politics Blog | an SFGate.com blog

Quote:
But this year, there are plenty of good reasons for high anxiety as Democrats contemplate President Obama’s general election prospects against Republican Mitt Romney.
After all, just 28 percent say they’re better off than they were four years ago. And incumbent parties have been tossed from power in the most recent elections in Britain, France, Italy, Spain and Greece.
“Smart Democrats should be worried,” conservative commentator John Fund wrote recently in the National Review.
And some smart Democrats gathered in Charlotte for the party’s quadrennial national convention are indeed worried. Here are ten reasons why top Democrats are worried about the 2012 election
1. The economy

2. The Republican money edge

3. Elderly voters

4. Downscale white women

5. Independent voters

6. The enthusiasm gap

7. The wrong track

8. Southern swing states

9. Wisconsin

10. The debates

Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
To take the "better off 4 years ago" argument a step further, the pollsters should ask the 28% who said "yes" what exactly it was that made them "better off." Would those people say it was the Obama Administration that enabled them to be better off, or would they determine that it was their own hard work and sacrfice that led to their better circumstance?

It's a valid question. I suspect very few would attribute those successes to Barack Obama.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 AM

441 posts, read 501,288 times
I don't think Democrats are worried at all in the wake of Bill Clinton's killer speech.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:45 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
To take the "better off 4 years ago" argument a step further, the pollsters should ask the 28% who said "yes" what exactly it was that made them "better off." Would those people say it was the Obama Administration that enabled them to be better off, or would they determine that it was their own hard work and sacrfice that led to their better circumstance?

It's a valid question. I suspect very few would attribute those successes to Barack Obama.
They're better off because they got more bennies added to the SNAP cards. And so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transatlantic View Post
I don't think Democrats are worried at all in the wake of Bill Clinton's killer speech.
Uh..........Bill Clinton pimped himself. Intelligent people will put all of Clinton's words over the past 4 years into the equation. Clinton really hates OBoy, and I don't think he really wants him to win. Clinton is nothing but a partisan ho. He couldn't care less about OBoy.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Bill Clinton is running for President???

Are you saying that BO doesn't have a chance in hell without Bill Clinton to prop him up? This is the guy you support.....someone who can't get it done on his own?

Very telling. Very sad.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
They're better off because they got more bennies added to the SNAP cards. And so forth.
Very good point.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:35 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Clinton's running for President? Does that make Obama the token?

Old 09-07-2012, 02:36 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You really don't need 10 reasons one or two will do. I don't think Dem posters here realize how far to the Left Obama has taken their party.

Ten reasons top Democrats are worried about the 2012 election | Politics Blog | an SFGate.com blog

1. The economy

2. The Republican money edge

3. Elderly voters

4. Downscale white women

5. Independent voters

6. The enthusiasm gap

7. The wrong track

8. Southern swing states

9. Wisconsin

10. The debates

AND I really think the Republican Party don't realize how far RIGHT the Tea Party has taken them. I was once a Republican and voted for more Republican presidents in my day than Democratic. The more they move right, the more I moved left and for me, there is no turning back. The Tea Party is turning the Republicans into crazy, racist nut jobs who really think the President wasn't born in the U.S. Yeah, the Republicans are off the charts on how far right they moved. There has been NO change to the Dems and have always been about helping the middle class. One would have to be blind not see the radical change to the Republican Party. They don't even have a message or a policy to offer. JUST HATE AND LIES! Shameful. Simply shameful! I believe its your Republican party that are worried. If they weren't worried, they would not put so much effort in suppressing the vote like they are doing in the ironically "swing states". I think we know exactly who are worried.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:41 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
AND I really think the Republican Party don't realize how far RIGHT the Tea Party has taken them. I was once a Republican and voted for more Republican presidents in my day than Democratic. The more they move right, the more I moved left and for me, there is no turning back. The Tea Party is turning the Republicans into crazy, racist nut jobs who really think the President wasn't born in the U.S. Yeah, the Republicans are off the charts on how far right they moved. There has been NO change to the Dems and have always been about helping the middle class. One would have to be blind not see the radical change to the Republican Party. They don't even have a message or a policy to offer. JUST HATE AND LIES! Shameful. Simply shameful! I believe its your Republican party that are worried. If they weren't worried, they would not put so much effort in suppressing the vote like they are doing in the ironically "swing states". I think we know exactly who are worried.
Actually, I see the Republican party distancing themselves from the TP. Frankly, I don't really think it matters to those of us who feel that the country is heading down the slippery slope to the pits of hell. Myself and many of my friends are black Independents that voted for Obama last time and none of us plan to this time around. Additionally, Obama has been so busy pandering to illegal aliens (DACA)and legal hispanics while black and white American job numbers continue to skyrocket, (particularly black voters who vote irregularly) I believe turnout will be much lower because the thrill is gone.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:21 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Reasons Im worried about election:
1. Might miss work celebrating Obama victory too late
2. The KKK kooks on here will leave the site and be among the normal human population
3. Joe Arpaio will give up on the birther stuff and get back to violating Latinos' civil rights
4. Not having Republicans wreck economy may make my rent go up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections