Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 05:53 PM

487 posts, read 382,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Isn't that a popular vote average, or am I misinformed? Just making sure we're comparing apples to apples.
What are you talking about? The Gallup poll is measuring the popular vote as well.

You kind of dodged the point there...

We were talking about one apple in a barrel, but then we were talking about the entire barrel of apples. So, now you think we're talking about oranges?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 05:58 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Perhaps the President's message has begun to resonate...
It's all about obama and his green agenda that doesn't fly.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:58 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I'm not happy about the economy (and believe me, we've lived it with my husband being out of work for 18 mos. but thankfully employed now) but I have not heard A SINGLE THING from the Romney camp that makes me thing the situation would any better from them. And given Romney's dealings at Bain, I could see him making the situation much worse. Things have gotten better under Obama--slowly, to be sure--but it's much better than it could have been.

Obama is not a messiah to me, false or otherwise, but I give him credit for doing the best anyone could with the mess he walked into. What is it that you think Romney can or would do to make things better, quicker?
Damn. Pathetic.

Stop threatening businesses with higher taxes and bogus forced insurance. Business would automatically take off like a rocket.

It's NOT rocket science.

Someone out of work for 18 months and would still vote for OBoy.........there's no hope.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:01 PM

If Obama gets elected , God forbid.. the people will be taxed to get health insurance even if they are young and healthy. Forcing everyone to spend a few thousand dollars a year on a policy.. Obama is in the pockets of Americans and it will raise havoc on small businesses.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:02 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people”

Old 09-07-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I'm not happy about the economy (and believe me, we've lived it with my husband being out of work for 18 mos. but thankfully employed now) but I have not heard A SINGLE THING from the Romney camp that makes me thing the situation would any better from them. And given Romney's dealings at Bain, I could see him making the situation much worse. Things have gotten better under Obama--slowly, to be sure--but it's much better than it could have been.

Obama is not a messiah to me, false or otherwise, but I give him credit for doing the best anyone could with the mess he walked into. What is it that you think Romney can or would do to make things better, quicker?
you are kidding aren't you.. Do you know that Florida and California , nevada will have so many new foreclosures because people can't pay their mortgage with NO JOB!! Here in NJ their are people who were ,computer programmers, teachers , and carpenters, etc. living in the woods! You are not doing them a service .. they are the ones who can't find a job.. Florida had 14% unemployment and many people for the past few years lost their homes and some living in cars and tents.. Don't tell me Obama did his best!

Old 09-07-2012, 06:07 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
What are you talking about? The Gallup poll is measuring the popular vote as well.
You are right, my apologies - I got the approval poll mixed up in there, somehow.

I don't disagree that the trending is the safer way to assess, just trying to make it clear that for an individual study, a margin of error of +/- 3 doesn't mean that every outcome within that interval is equally likely. It's more of a bell curve - there's a much higher likelihood of the result being off by 1 (in either direction, natch) than by 3.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:08 PM

629 posts, read 946,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
That pretty up sums up this election, huh?
Yes. Like this:

Old 09-07-2012, 06:13 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
The ratings are in for Obama’s speech last night. NBC’s ratings were off 5%compared to 2008. Of course NBC has very low ratings to start with.

CBS’s ratings were off 31% and ABC’s ratings were off 50%.

Are the people finally getting sick and tired of Obama?
I watched it on CSPAN. There were several other channels that had it on that aren't even mentioned here.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:22 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
you are kidding aren't you.. Do you know that Florida and California , nevada will have so many new foreclosures because people can't pay their mortgage with NO JOB!! Here in NJ their are people who were ,computer programmers, teachers , and carpenters, etc. living in the woods! You are not doing them a service .. they are the ones who can't find a job.. Florida had 14% unemployment and many people for the past few years lost their homes and some living in cars and tents.. Don't tell me Obama did his best!
Amazing, isn't it? I cannot believe that a single, rational American would give this clown another four years. He has been the worst president in US history and the libs will vote for him again, simply because he is a democrat.

That is when we know we have arrived in insane times, when logic and common sense are thrown out the window for partisan politics which would work to the detriment of everyone. If Obama is re-elected (unlikely) and libs lose their jobs as a result of his continued ineptitude, will they still be happy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections