Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:44 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Generally speaking, most Conservatives and Republicans are pretty well informed on the issues of our day. The most closed minded or brainwashed people I see are the Liberals. How can any Liberal back Obama after all what we know about this guy?
Because their secret is to create a stereotype of Republicans as evil, baby killers who want the homeless, the elderly and children with autism to fend for themselves. By making Republicans out to be demons, they can justify anything else, including reelecting Obama.

That's why they convince themselves that if Obama had not bought GM with taxpayer money, then GM and Chrysler would cease to exist. Even though common sense tells us that they would have simply filed for bankruptcy protections and restructured. They also convince themselves that if the federal governemnt does not involve itself in things, like education, then it they too cease to exist. Even though common sense tells us that education is handled at the local level, and in order for the federal government to "give" states education money, it first has to "take" that money from the states.

"Obama may be an abject failure, but It could have been, and might be worse" is their unspoken mantra, it's really that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 09:44 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Frank Luntz. Luntz is best known for developing rhetoric and catch phrases to deceive people into supporting programs they would never back if they were told the truth about them. Recently Luntz held a seminar with GOP leaders advising them on how to mislead their constituents. Luntz advised Republicans to avoid certain words and replace them with others that he had focus-group tested. For instance: “Out: Capitalism / In: Economic Freedom.” When conservative PR flacks tell Republicans not to talk about capitalism, a significant shift is taking place.

Frank Luntz Messaging Ordered by NRCC For Medicare Lies | Crooks and Liars

After all this time, you deserve to at least become a bit familiar with the guy that crawls around your collective brains.
I don't read Crooks and Liars since I know what the group was formed to do and there is a chance that that is exactly what you are accusing Luntz of doing.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:49 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Don't be ridiculous. Words make a difference, a BIG difference. That's why Luntz makes a lot of money. Frank Luntz works for the far right conservatives.
Of course, you do watch or listen to Luntz often. I bet you know only what he says and how he says it from sources like Crooks and Liars just as the nychater does. Now come back howling that I am wrong and then tell me some of the times you have heard Luntz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections