Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 03:15 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The GOP ran in the 2010 election on jobs. Instead, they went after women's reproductive rights. What jobs will be created by denying women birth control?
Name one single Republican, just one, who wants to deny you and Floook your birth control. Just one.

Oh, wait! There isn't one.

Never mind.

Clue: Buy your own damned birth control. We do NOT want to pay for it.

That said, if I thought it would prevent all liberals from reproducing, I might make an exception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 03:43 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
I'm looking forward to a stealth attack. Let the liberals be complacent, thinking there is no way Obama can lose. Agree with them that Obama has it in the bag. Then watch them cry on November 7th.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:04 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Name one single Republican, just one, who wants to deny you and Floook your birth control. Just one.

Never mind.

That said, if I thought it would prevent all liberals from reproducing, I might make an exception.
Dale, sheesh! You cruel thing. Fluke was a student at Georgetown Law School, whose graduates earn average starting salaries of $160,000. Why wouldn't the rest of us, with an average salary of $51,000, buy her birth control?

Old 09-09-2012, 04:24 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
The America of 32 years ago is way too different to compare to today. Most of the WWII generation was still alive, today's Teabaggers were the youth vote and there were few permanent Red/Blue states. People were a lot more bendy with their political vote, look at all today's blue states Reagan won. Romney has no chance of winning in a huge number of states just at the get-go. Reagan didn't have to cobble together a nearly impossible coalition of states to win the election. I doubt teabaggers understand this, as not one has shown me a map showing the plausible path to a Romney election victory.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:00 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,571,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I'm looking forward to a stealth attack. Let the liberals be complacent, thinking there is no way Obama can lose. Agree with them that Obama has it in the bag. Then watch them cry on November 7th.
Sssh...don't say anything about the October surprise attack, when Romney's Own Dressage Hussars will come charging over the hill in their gay uniforms and magic underpants, waving their budget-cutting sabres and shouting their war cry "Flip-Flop-Flap!!!".

Oh, damn.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:00 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Dale, sheesh! You cruel thing. Fluke was a student at Georgetown Law School, whose graduates earn average starting salaries of $160,000. Why wouldn't the rest of us, with an average salary of $51,000, buy her birth control?
Why marco... you seem, dareIsay, JEALOUS of her success?

BTW the "stat" you are providing is is for private-sector employment only, Georgetown is well known for having many, if not most of its grads working in government and public interest (like Fluke). THOSE starting salaries are going to be WAY less than 160k, probably not even 60k. And the law degree itself costs something like 160k, most likely taken out as loans.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:04 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,571,445 times
Quote:

His Most Reverend Eminence Timothy, Cardinal Dolan, Archbishop of New York.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:16 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Reagan was an imbecile, but had a great personality, likable, was consistent in beliefs and was an excellent communicator. I wouldn't put Romney in the same league as Reagan when it comes to those qualities. The Iran hostage crisis, the failed rescue attempt, "high gas prices" were all factors that led to Carter being hosed at the polls.
I agree. What Reagan does for the Republicans, is what Clinton does for the Democrats. I think they just know how to talk and get their message across the the average American where they understand. Not sure if Reagan's acting ability helped him in that regard but no doubt, an excellent speaker. As far as Carter. I was very young at the time, I think 5th grade to be exact and everyone seemed to be buzzing, teachers and family that Carter was going to get creamed so not sure what those polls were all about.

Funny thing is Reagan is like a "GOD" to the Republican party and quite frankly, Reagan would never getting elected "now" in 2012 and would appear too left leaning. The Tea Party has taken over.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:40 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,000 times
Quote:

Never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
His Most Reverend Eminence Timothy, Cardinal Dolan, Archbishop of New York.
Dale "Keepin' It Classy" Cooper owes squarian a cookie!

Old 09-09-2012, 08:55 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,759,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Now why on earth should we expect Romney to lose the debates against President "Uhh, uhh, ummm, uhhh?"
You mean sort of like Nixon and Kennedy?

Oh wait, Kennedys stammering in speech had little to no effect on anyone's opinion of him. They found him significantly more likeable after the debates and elected him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections