Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 07:18 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Whining? You're on your own. It's the Republican way.
You have it backwards. You whine "give to the poor" and "the poor need help". All the taxes that the other half are paying you better check with Obama for your share but it is obvious that you are not on your own. You got people who pay taxes to pay your way.

Depend on others -> It's the Democratic way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 07:21 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
So what, people are so jealous. I will never be as rich and all hopes of even being well off is gone with Obama but at least I don't suck off other people. Living off others and being green with envy and jealousy seems to be more in style these days.
If you're not rich or successful, why should we even care what you think? I bet you just don't work hard enough. You want Obama to solve all your problems like he's the Tooth Fairy or something. If you were really successful, you life wouldn't change no matter who was president.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:36 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Wow, they are both in their 60's and NEVER had a financial struggle. How many Americans can identify with that?

Ann Romney: Mitt's been 'demonized' - POLITICO.com
When your a rich selfish snob, it's hard to hide. How anyone likes this man and can sincerely think he has their best interests in mind is just beyond me. Yeah, like the out of touch rich man is going to wave his big old expensive magic wand and make all the bad stuff go away. PLEASE! It's all about him and his rich friends to save their precious tax dollar.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:38 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Cool amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post

Depend on others -> It's the Democratic way
Is it?

Seems the Law is a bit older than a political party; however, I could be wrong.

Luke 6:38

Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.

John 3:17

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

Galatians 6:2

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:44 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
When your a rich selfish snob, it's hard to hide. How anyone likes this man and can sincerely think he has their best interests in mind is just beyond me. Yeah, like the out of touch rich man is going to wave his big old expensive magic wand and make all the bad stuff go away. PLEASE! It's all about him and his rich friends to save their precious tax dollar.
Exactly.

Both of them are devoid of empathy and compassion and their only loyalties are to the other top one percenters and people like the Koch brothers and Sheldon Adelson, to whom Willard sold his soul to in order to get to where he is now.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:30 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Exactly.

Both of them are devoid of empathy and compassion and their only loyalties are to the other top one percenters and people like the Koch brothers and Sheldon Adelson, to whom Willard sold his soul to in order to get to where he is now.
They donated $3 million to charity last year. How about you?

Old 09-09-2012, 09:42 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
When you're worth over $230 million, 3 mil is just a drop in the bucket.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:48 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Oh, having a crap ton of money and donating it to "charity" (who knows which ones) makes you more legitimate somehow?

How about you? Have you donated a million or more to charity lately? And if you haven't, why should I care what you think? You're obviously not hardworking or successful enough to have an opinion worth consideration.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:07 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The Romneys came from wealthy families and they never had to struggle. But so did many other presidents and senators and congressmen. I'm not a Mitt fan but the wealth of their parents are not a big concern of mine. What he has accomplished or not accomplished, and what he advocates, is the issue.
I agree. And I also respect her being honest rather than the horrible tale of having to sell some stock back in college. Give me a break.

And you are right, many of our presidents were wealthy. But a wealthy patrician like Roosevelt was looking for glory in leadership and service to his country. He was not fighting for the Rockefellers. That is not the way Romney comes over. I do think he wants to serve, but his policies seem to help the Koch brothers more than the people.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:00 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
You want to see some quotes from this woman to get a feel for just how entitled she thinks she is?

A few gems:
Quote:
“'We were happy, studying hard. Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time.
Quote:
“'The stock came from Mitt’s father. When he took over American Motors, the stock was worth nothing. But he invested Mitt’s birthday money year to year — it wasn’t much, a few thousand, but he put it into American Motors because he believed in himself. Five years later, stock that had been $6 a share was $96 and Mitt cashed it so we could live and pay for education.
Quote:
I had a baby sitter during class time, but otherwise, I’d hold my son on my lap while I studied.
Quote:
“'Remember, we’d been paying $62 a month rent, but here, rents were $400, and for a dump. This is when we took the now-famous loan that Mitt talks about from his father and bought a $42,000 home in Belmont, and you know? The mortgage payment was less than rent.
(gee ya think Mitt's daddy gave Mittie a good deal on the mortgage?)

Quote:
“'Another son came along 18 months later, although we waited four years to have the third, because Mitt was still in school and we had no income except the stock we were chipping away at. We were living on the edge, not entertaining
Mitt and Ann Romney--Portrayed by Sister Romney as Struggling, Just-Getting-By, Stock-Selling Students at BYU: How Tough It Was, Ye Know Not; How Tight It Was, Ye Know Not . . . | Recovery from Mormonism

You can't make this stuff up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections