Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 07:46 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Been through PA and they have FIRE OBAMA signs up. Stop the war on coal. Many people in PA do not support Obama. They went republican twice for Reagan I am pretty sure.
You may have also noticed that the Commonwealth of PA is also bookended by two big cities, and is scattered with other small metropolitan areas with populations larger then the <9,000 directly employed by the coal industry. This is not exactly a state full of coal miners anymore.

As for the OP, what sort of worldview does one have to make them want to ignore reality and create fake electoral maps? What sort of strange comfort does that create?

Last edited by Mr. Mon; 09-11-2012 at 07:55 AM..

Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,421,842 times
That is true. I am stating what I saw. Yes PA is bookended by two big cities and Obama will get the inner-city vote especially Phili. Pittsburgh used to have allot of unions but that is not the case anymore but there are still some to my understanding. Either way, Unions + inner-city = Obama

Old 09-11-2012, 07:57 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is playing to verify the excuse all the right wingers parrot in union when they are called out on how right wing biased Rasmussen is with "Well, they were accurate in 2008!" That was 4 yeas ago and going off a single poll, the last one, where virtually every pollster was right on.

Otherwise Rasmussen again shows they were heavily right wing biased and inaccurate in 2010 and to this day

Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly - NYTimes.com
By being spot on means they covered the percent difference between each candidate, not that they just picked the winner.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:23 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
I think Romney is in good spot. If you look at the periphery Obama is showing incredible weakness in states which should be deep blue by now (Oregon, New Mexico and Connecticut). While Romney may not win these states it shows many people are dissatisfied with Obama which means in the true swing states the shift will be towards Romney.

Romney has to do a better job sticking to his principles and articulating his policies. Stop apologizing for being rich you embody why many people left their old countries for. I would also articulate how the failed policies of the Left affect folks at the local level. For example since Dems are beholden to teacher unions you pay higher property taxes which decreases the values of your home. Hit Obama on not attending security briefings while Bush attended nearly all of his make the connection that Obama simply lacks the drive to deal with our problems.

The thugs in Chicago are counting on Romney being the gentleman that he and their allies on MSNBC to cry racism after every attack. Ignore them and go for the jugular. Obama is lazy doesn't meet with security council or jobs council.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:55 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times
Well, Rasmussen is showing Obama on 48% and Romney on 45% today.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:34 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Well, Rasmussen is showing Obama on 48% and Romney on 45% today.
Unfortunately, those of us that get the free version of the report don't get to see the margin of error.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:39 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,573,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Obama has been a cataclysmic event.
So your unemployment checks ran out?

Old 09-11-2012, 09:42 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
It's no secret that Nate Silver @ the New York Times doesn't like Rasmussen at all. Silver is considered the guru by many, and he plays that (and them) to the hilt. I've never read so much equivocating and hedging on polls and elections.

Silver came to the attention of the Obama campaign in 2008 and they started 'working with him' .... Handy

He was lauded and moved on up to the New York Times - nice landing spot. In the Massachusetts Special election for Senate - Nate was calling the election for Martha Coakley with a 15 point lead a month before the election. Ooops Same thing in the Wisconsin election Ooops .... of course Nate 're-calibrates/evolves/fixes his syntax' right before the election and then everyone forgets what he was saying 2 months out. Double Handy

In the 2010 election, with 5 days to go - Nate said the "Dems have a decent shot at holding the House". and estimated that the GOP might take as many as 52 seats - Ooops

Nate was using phrases like "plus or minus 29" and then he blasts Rasmussen and others when they are point or so off. Today - Nate Silver @ The New York Times is predicting a 79.8% chance of winning for Obama
I'm sure that is happy news to the Obama supporters - enjoy your fantasy and keep believing in the infallibility of Nate Silver. Maybe he will soon write the 100% win column and then we don't have to bother with an election. Does anyone know if Nate still lives in Chicago? I'm guessing that Nate is not getting emails from Axelrod that mention possible lawsuits from the DOJ and "questions" about his "methodology" they way that Gallup is. Lucky Nate.

I think I'll shop around with some of the other prognosticators for a bit - most of them (in fact all) are still saying this will be a 'close election'.
It's early folks, we have a long way to go.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:24 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,237 times
Default Godfather Axelrod

Bravo to Breitbart for breaking this story:

Gallup Sued by DOJ after Unfavorable Obama Polls, Employment Numbers

What disgusting, fascist tactics the Obamination regime has stooped to!

Old 09-11-2012, 10:37 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Romney is down by 7 points....

in DEEP DEEP BLUE New Jersey:

Quote:
President Barack Obama tops Gov. Mitt Romney, his Republican challenger, 51 - 44 percent among New Jersey likely voters, who say the president will do a better job on Medicare and health care while Romney will do a better job on the economy, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.
Link: New Jersey (NJ) Poll * September 6, 2012 * Obama Tops Romney Among New Je - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

This is a Democrat-leaning pollster, Quinnipiac, this is New Jersey, and this is a state Oblama won by 15 points in 2008.

If I were an Obama sock puppet, I would be very, very worried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections