Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 05:03 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
I want to see Romney win, however I'll say again that to me the polls aren't accurate.

It could very possibly well wind up that either one can win in a landslide for all we know, that's how much I don't believe the polls of what they say now as the election day votes will be the ultimate poll.
I agree but the libs on here called the race over last week so I'm enjoying throwing these polls in their pace.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:04 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I still don't believe the polls. Despite the polls showing Romney ahead, the margin is greater, as there is a democratic/liberal bias in the polls. We have gone over this before-

polling registered vs likely voters
polling with the same demographic as 2008
phone polls- clear minds have caller ID or no land line
small sample numbers
previous elections showing clear +2-+3 over prediction of democratic results
polls coming closer to "real numbers" as the election nears in an effort to appear relevant next time

Romney is probably actually killing Obama in the polls. It is quite possible that "secure" democratic states such as PA, MN. MI, NH and NJ will go to Romney. The "swing states" will all go to Romney, so a victory is essentially assured- we are just talking about the margin now.

When the west coast voters are voting after dinner, it may be, at that time, mathematically impossible for Obama to win, which will suppress leftist west coast voting. The "unthinkable" may occur, in which Romney may win one of CA, OR, or WA. Obama is that bad.
Personally, I think you will be crying before they get to the west coast.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:06 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,138 times
Polls are definitely trending toward Mittens. Pres. Obama's listless debate performance is really hurting him. Gotta get back on track; within 30 days to Election Day.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
The earlier polls were based on Obama vs. Obama's caricature of Romney.

The polls after the debate are based on Obama vs. Romney.

Obama spent so many millions of dollars trying to convince voters of his lies, that he apparently thought he could brainwash Romney into believing them too, and that he would show up at the debate as some kind of sycophant like the rest of his followers. That plan failed and Obama had to debate the real Romney, not the one who was a figment of the imagination.
The real Romney was on the 47% video when he thought he was only talking to people in the room.The debate Romney went to the middle to get some votes. Wonder which one it will be next time?

Old 10-08-2012, 05:27 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Its like this,election night if OH is called for either man,then thats who wins. Bush was only ahead by 1.5 in the final rcp national poll and look what happened. Obama said lots of good things in that debate for the people who were willing to listen. This is not romneys fault but if he wins then hate wins. The attacks against Obama have been driven by a very angry group that has always been in charge and seeing something happen that they fought against their entire lives drove them to extremes never before seen. If Obama loses these people win and this Country will explode as they go full assault to make sure no one but them rule.
This is so true, and you saw those types quickly resurface again immediately after the first debate when it looked like Romney had 'beaten' Obama.

I live in a very conservative area, and have heard folks openly say in mixed (white) company that this election is all about "whites sticking together and voting against Obama"!

Old 10-08-2012, 05:30 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You are so desperate. Look, Obama may very will win. But you are desperate to convince yourself that he is certain to, grasping on to anything you possibly can. It's rather funny.
No--the cell phone thing is legit. When you only call land lines you leave out a huge chunk of younger voters. Older voters tend to vote R, so the results are skewed.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:30 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Romney can indeed win without Ohio as well

p.s. I dont think Romney will lose Ohio, I counted 7 Romney signs yesterday vs 1 Obama, in a highly Democratic Union area.. (near the Lordstown GM factory)

Lot of other Democratic signs all over the place, but not Obama
wisky isnt in play. iowa is almost 50 percent for obama now according to rasmussen.

game over if romney doesnt win ohio.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:43 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
The earlier polls were based on Obama vs. Obama's caricature of Romney.

The polls after the debate are based on Obama vs. Romney.

Obama spent so many millions of dollars trying to convince voters of his lies, that he apparently thought he could brainwash Romney into believing them too, and that he would show up at the debate as some kind of sycophant like the rest of his followers. That plan failed and Obama had to debate the real Romney, not the one who was a figment of the imagination.
This is laughable. Did you forget that we just finished a nearly year long republican primary and who knows how many R debates? Everything we know about Romney comes from WHAT HE'S SAID ABOUT HIMSELF. The problem is that he says different things to different people--the guy will say anything if he thinks it's what you want to hear. He's a snake oil salesman--who knows what he stands for or believes because it changes daily. You can't trust him, and he's too slimey to pin him down to a straight answer.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
wisky isnt in play. iowa is almost 50 percent for obama now according to rasmussen.

game over if romney doesnt win ohio.
PPP says Obama is up by just 2 in Wisconsin, within the margin of error - and it's a Democratic pollster that puts out polls biased towards Democrats often.

Romney could win without OH or WI, as long as he won IA, NV, NH, and CO.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
No--the cell phone thing is legit. When you only call land lines you leave out a huge chunk of younger voters. Older voters tend to vote R, so the results are skewed.
As long as they weight appropriately, I don't see why it would be an issue.

Moreover, polls that don't call cell phones are not always biased towards Republicans. PPP doesn't call cell phones I don't believe and they almost always lean more Democratic than most polls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections