Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Some here have mentioned watching the Reamussen poll daily and found that Romney's "bounce" after the RNC was barely there. I don't find anything from the person who claimed he does it daily so I will say a couple of things about Rasmussen. Monday, following the Democrat NC they found Obama up 5 points. That slipped to -1 yesterday and -2 today. His bounce seems to be very short lived but than someone will surely come in with numbers from some left leaning polls.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™
Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable, but the REALITY is that the DNC boosted President Obama tremendously and decimated the hell out of Romney and his chances. The choice is now clear. Romney is simply no match for the superior ideology of the Dems or the superior man that is President Obama. He's still licking his wounds from the DNC and the continuing response to his stupid statements recently. He's losing. His campaign feels like that of a loser.

Romney stinks. His bounce was actually a CRASH.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:55 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I'm enjoying more the oversampling of Democrats and vast undersampling of Independents and Republicans.
From what I've been reading about folks surveying the polls, Obama is really down by 8 points.

Polls always favor the Democrats through the main stream press.
The unemployment numbers will be manipulated IMO under 8% for the election.
Feds are pumping money into the economy right now by the tens of billions.

This is the typical setup, I've seen this stuff since Carter/Reagan. Carter was sooooooo ahead the same way as well.
I second this post.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:01 PM

876 posts, read 708,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable, but the REALITY is that the DNC boosted President Obama tremendously and decimated the hell out of Romney and his chances. The choice is now clear. Romney is simply no match for the superior ideology of the Dems or the superior man that is President Obama. He's still licking his wounds from the DNC and the continuing response to his stupid statements recently. He's losing. His campaign feels like that of a loser.

Romney stinks. His bounce was actually a CRASH.
And Romney's arrogance, that is spoken about so often, is no match for you libs.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:27 PM

14,009 posts, read 14,995,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Lots of undecideds in that poll. That is good news for the challenger (Tisei). He needs to capitalize and get a ground game going though. I think he is actually another fantastic Northeastern Republican. I live in D-6, so this race could get good.
I was suprised by how high Daniel Fishman's numbers where, basically the margin between Tisei and Tierney. Also Obama was only up 10 in MA. also Tisei has about 25/16 Fav/unfav, while Tierneys is 36/30, and Tierneys supporters are at a ceiling at his appoval rate, so i would expect the race to tighten into election day.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:40 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
I was suprised by how high Daniel Fishman's numbers where, basically the margin between Tisei and Tierney. Also Obama was only up 10 in MA. also Tisei has about 25/16 Fav/unfav, while Tierneys is 36/30, and Tierneys supporters are at a ceiling at his appoval rate, so i would expect the race to tighten into election day.
The poll was only of LVs in MA-06 (not MA statewide). MA-06 has a Cook PVI (Partisan Voting Index) of D+7, so +10 for President Obama in the district is just fine.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:42 PM

998 posts, read 1,324,653 times
Default Obama Opens Up Leads in FL,OH, and VA

Obama with Advantage Over Romney in Florida | Home of the Marist Poll: Pebbles and Pundits

FL: Obama-49%, Romney 44%

Obama Up Five Points Over Romney in Virginia | Home of the Marist Poll: Pebbles and Pundits

VA: Obama-49%, Romney 44%

Obama Leads Romney by 7 Points in Ohio | Home of the Marist Poll: Pebbles and Pundits

OH:Obama 50%, Romney 43%

Old 09-13-2012, 04:42 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Watch the polls skyrocket in Obama's favor after the debates. Obama can get Romney in the first round with one question..."Governor Romney, how do your policies differ from my predecessor's?"

He's going to blame Bush yet again at the debates!?!
After almost 4 years he should own up that he and he alone at this short time he has left is the President.

Not some sorry ass excuse maker.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:53 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,218,316 times
NBC Poll

Obama leads by 7 in Ohio, 5 in Virginia and 5 in Florida

Polls: Obama holds the edge in Florida, Ohio and Virginia - First Read

Ohio
Obama 50%
Romney 43%

Old 09-13-2012, 04:59 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
NBC Poll

Obama leads by 7 in Ohio, 5 in Virginia and 5 in Florida

Polls: Obama holds the edge in Florida, Ohio and Virginia - First Read

Ohio
Obama 50%
Romney 43%
Oh, my -- and it's a Likely Voters poll, so no one can whine about it being a Registered Voters poll.

Well, I have confidence that the denialists will come up with some reason to pretend it is meaningless!

Old 09-13-2012, 05:05 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
The picture is sure coming into focus. I wonder what desperate accusation Mitt will come up with now. It will be hard to top his idiotic behavior after the terrorist attack on the consulate in Libya. Maybe he should try releasing his tax returns, telling us plans instead of asking us to trust his values, and stop pandering to the wingnuts on the right . Nah, it's too late for that now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections