Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 06:10 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
But you continue to ignore such things like americans are bringing home a good chunk less now, than July 2008.

Adjusted for Inflation, Gas Prices Look Even Worse - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online
Not true.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 06:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Not true.
That chart doesnt at all disprove what I said, in fact it shows you dont have a clue what the hell you're talking about. Average hourly wage is meaningless if people are working less hours (especially one not adjusted for inflation like your chart isnt)

You really need to stop whatever garbage you're watching and catch up with the rest of us in the real world.

Last edited by pghquest; 09-15-2012 at 06:42 PM..

Old 09-15-2012, 06:57 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Not true.
I keep saying it, our right wing friends don't care about facts. They'll make all sorts of outlandish and obviously not true claims, someone will post hard facts proving their lies are really nothing but lies, and then they'll slink off without acknowledging they were wrong only to show up in the next thread spewing the same filthy lies. Right wingers are just born liars.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I keep saying it, our right wing friends don't care about facts. They'll make all sorts of outlandish and obviously not true claims, someone will post hard facts proving their lies are really nothing but lies, and then they'll slink off without acknowledging they were wrong only to show up in the next thread spewing the same filthy lies. Right wingers are just born liars.
If only you had went down one more posting before you posted this babble, you would have saved yourself from a lot of embarassment saying things arent true that clearly are..

I posted a chart, why dont you prove my lies.. Come on, I dare you to..

What do you want to bet you and MTA both watch the same crap which is why you guys dont know **** about whats going on in america and still support Obama....

Old 09-15-2012, 07:25 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
If you have a job then wages per hour worked have never been higher, dork. The only reason why household income (which is different from what MTA originally claimed) is down is because many people are unemployed right now. The recovery is well under way though and the jobs reports are looking good.

I'm sorry you don't like reality but it is still real no matter how much you try to ignore it.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:36 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Romney isn't any more electable than McCain was. Perhaps it is time to WAKE UP. Think outside the box and think for yourself for a change. If you want FREEDOM you aren't going to get it with Obama or Romney. We'll have to elect someone with unorthodox ideas.

However if you want totalitarianism and an even LOWER standard of living; a weak dollar or no value to the dollar at all, vote for Obama or Romney who will be sure to keep Ben Bernanke in place to further ruin our monetary system. It is that simple.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:53 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
Oh my gosh. At best unemployment is going to stay at 8% through 2013, and possibly through 2014. It's going to 9 or above based on the current policies. Of course many are unemployed. The recovery is NOT underway and the job reports are NOT looking good as you indicate below. We are at a fiscal cliff. America's credit rating is going down. Here's projections from the CBO. Please wake up. It's not Democrat or Republican.

"If no action is taken by Congress, current CBO projections show that unemployment will not return to pre-recession levels until 2017."

CBO: Under Current Law, Unemployment Will Rise Next Year to 9.1% | cnsnews.com

Obama's policies are not going to change this course.

Quote:
If you have a job then wages per hour worked have never been higher, dork. The only reason why household income (which is different from what MTA originally claimed) is down is because many people are unemployed right now. The recovery is well under way though and the jobs reports are looking good.

I'm sorry you don't like reality but it is still real no matter how much you try to ignore it.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:

I said americans are bringing home a good chunk less than they were years ago, and you respond with, I'm correct, but everythin is better because many people are unemployed?

To further embarass you we've had job growth over the last 3 years, not a decline, and thus, your response is bull ****.

And you think i'm the dork. haha

Last edited by pghquest; 09-16-2012 at 07:51 AM..

Old 09-16-2012, 07:44 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Oh my gosh. At best unemployment is going to stay at 8% through 2013, and possibly through 2014. It's going to 9 or above based on the current policies. Of course many are unemployed. The recovery is NOT underway and the job reports are NOT looking good as you indicate below. We are at a fiscal cliff. America's credit rating is going down. Here's projections from the CBO. Please wake up. It's not Democrat or Republican.

"If no action is taken by Congress, current CBO projections show that unemployment will not return to pre-recession levels until 2017."

CBO: Under Current Law, Unemployment Will Rise Next Year to 9.1% | cnsnews.com

Obama's policies are not going to change this course.
They may if the GOP actually passes his policies. Right now, the GOP is stonewalling Obama's jobs bill, that would create 1.3 million jobs. You can't complain about Obama if it is the other party holding up progress.

On jobs, there have been about 25 months of job growth. When Obama took office, they were declining by 800,000 per month. Even a partisan has to look at that as an improvement.

Unemployment and economy:
The Obama policies (i.e. the stimulus, extending unemployment insurance, etc.) were stimulative and held up a falling economy. This isn't just me saying this, this is also the CBO and private economists.

The GOP wanted no unemployment extension and no stimulus and proposed instead cutting government spending to stimulate it. That policy is economically bankrupt and is what Hoover did.

Credit Rating:
S&P said they lowered the U.S. credit rating, not because of financial reasons but because of
Quote:
“political brinkmanship” in the debate over the debt had made the U.S. government’s ability to manage its finances “less stable, less effective and less predictable. WaPo
Conservatives said that lowering the credit rating would cause rates to skyrocket. What really happened? Rates fell to historic lows. Investors have no lack of confidence in U.S. debt.

Your CNS article only reports the obvious, due to the GOP having their heels dug in on no tax-increases and the Dems not being able to agree on cutting Medicare and SSI, the interim agreement that both parties agreed, call for massive budget cuts. Nobody wants that but don't lay it solely at Obama's feet. The GOP won't accept any tax increases -- not a penny more for a billionaire. There is no feasible way to solve the debt issue without tax increases but the GOP is beholden to Grover Norquist, who isn't even an elected official.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:03 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Look at the graph: The incumbent gets 80% of the undecided until November when it gets closer. Silver is a political hack.
Isn't it painful living in a world of fantasy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections