Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 08:56 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,819,889 times

Advertisements

I felt like some of our conservative friends on this board go through a strange cycle almost daily, and then I realized what it was: DABDA, the five stages of coping with death and dying made famous by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross in her book On Death and Dying. Below I paraphrase some of the types of comments I have seen lately.

Stage 1: Denial

"Obama is going down in the polls every day!"

"Just wait until the debates, Romney is going to KILL Obama!"

"Romney just told foreigners THE TRUTH!"

"It's all the lamestream media twisting Romney's words!"

Stage 2: Anger

"You stupid libs just don't get it! Romney is a greater man than Obama could ever dream!"

"What, you don't want someone who can actually MANAGE MONEY to be president, you FOOLS!"

"Obozo is a totally unqualified punk!"

Stage 3: Bargaining

"You know, just because Ryan said something, that doesn't make it part of Romney's policy. Ryan is not the one running for president."

"We can all see Obama's a big failure. Why don't you just try something new this election?"

Stage 4: Depression

"I think Romney really screwed it up, and I don't know why."

"I just wish Newt was the nominee. He would have KILLED Obama!"

Stage 5: Acceptance

This is a tough one. I think some posters have hinted they have reached this stage, but it's been very subtle. The sooner you guys get there, the better off we'll all be.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:11 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,895,960 times
So true. So very, very true.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:21 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,931,839 times
lol funny post. Most are still in denial and probably won't get past that until after the election results and maybe even a few days after. Only a small few have gone all the way to acceptance, I've only seen about 2-3 cons admit Romney's toast on here. However pretty much every conservative I know irl has conceded defeat, I think its because we live in a liberal area. Righties who live in right wing areas are protected in their Teabagger bubble until the harsh election day results pop it.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:25 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,566,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Righties who live in right wing areas are protected in their Teabagger bubble until the harsh election day results pop it.
It's going to a rough Wednesday morning. I fear for the family pets of some of these right-wing posters.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:26 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,289,861 times
Wow.
And right out of their own mouths. Amazingly accurate, Zim. Hats off to you!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:33 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,927,342 times
The funding will dry up too. Even billionaires with too much money don't want to flush it.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:34 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,718,000 times
If Obama wins it'll be Andrew Jackson all over again: A rock-star popular cult of personality who did horrible things and instituted horrible policies as President of the United States. Barack Obama has proven to be one of the most incompetent presidents in our history, yet Americans just blindly love the man without bothering to ask themselves why.

Human beings most generally are gullible idiots. America re-electing Barack Obama would just further prove the point.

Both political parties are garbage, but the GOP are the lesser of two evils at this point. Their party leadership is pushing for things like a Balanced Budget Amendment -- things that the GOP would never dream of during the days of Reagan and Bush Sr. At this point, the Dems are like a spoiled rich teenage girl who just got her first credit card. Borrow, borrow, borrow!!! Spend, spend, spend!!!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:37 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,093,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If Obama wins it'll be Andrew Jackson all over again: A rock-star popular cult of personality who did horrible things and instituted horrible policies as President of the United States. Barack Obama has proven to be one of the most incompetent presidents in our history, yet Americans just blindly love the man without bothering to ask themselves why.

Human beings most generally are gullible idiots. America re-electing Barack Obama would just further prove the point.

Both political parties are garbage, but the GOP are the lesser of two evils at this point. Their party leadership is pushing for things like a Balanced Budget Amendment -- things that the GOP would never dream of during the days of Reagan and Bush Sr. At this point, the Dems are like a spoiled rich teenage girl who just got her first credit card. Borrow, borrow, borrow!!! Spend, spend, spend!!!
Hmmm...so you are at the anger stage of the process. Sucks, huh?

Old 09-12-2012, 09:44 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,718,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Hmmm...so you are at the anger stage of the process. Sucks, huh?
I am neither Republican nor Democrat so I'm not sure this thread really applies to me. I'd rather have Romney win if we really must continue on with our horribly broken two-party system. I can't say that I'm particularly angry either. I'm just extremely disappointed in Obama. I voted for him and all evidence says we've done nothing but get worse since he took office. I sure he meant well but his incompetence has truly been mind-boggling. Not mourning ... just starting to accept the fact that we've got 4 more years with this idiot.

But hey, why break a trend? The USA re-elected George W, why not Barack?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:00 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,093,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I am neither Republican nor Democrat so I'm not sure this thread really applies to me. I'd rather have Romney win if we really must continue on with our horribly broken two-party system. I can't say that I'm particularly angry either. I'm just extremely disappointed in Obama. I voted for him and all evidence says we've done nothing but get worse since he took office. I sure he meant well but his incompetence has truly been mind-boggling. Not mourning ... just starting to accept the fact that we've got 4 more years with this idiot.

But hey, why break a trend? The USA re-elected George W, why not Barack?
The only thing that I agree with in your post is the frustration of having a two party system. I supported Dennis Kucinich during the 2008 primaries, but there ws no doubt that I was going to vote for Obama when it became McCain and then McCain/Palin. In all fairness, Obama has been obstructed more than any other POTUS in our history, so to judge what he did not accomplish is unfair considering the hate, bigotry and obstrucion that he has been up against. Thr GOP or shopuld I say..the hijacked GOP would never balance a budget because that is not where their priorities lie and their do nothing attitude and delberate agenda has more than proven that over the course of the past four years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections