Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 05:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Well I hope this administration rethinks its strategy on Syria and just pulls out and leaves them alone to fight their own battles. I'm tired of this cache of WMD's finding their way to various ME countries only to be lost again once we've toppled the dictator.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:44 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Less than 5% of voters have listed foreign policy as the most important issue in this election.

...and just for the record...why do people conveniently forget that the Bushies invaded Iraq and killed Hussein? He was the stabilizer for Iran. Kept them in check.
If we get close to World War III I am sure the percentage will go up.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:48 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
So many things that happened this week are showing more and more of how inept Obama and his administration really are. Just think about what Hillary has been saying about the happenings of this week. Think about how Obama has been unable to find anybody to blame since Bush is so far away. Think of the things Nasty Nancy Pelosi has said about stopping money to Egypt.

Things are piling up and I wonder how he digs himself out.

It

Conservatives continue to be in this haze concerning politics and President Obama.

They continue to be under this misguided fantasy that some world event is finally going to expose the real President Obama to the American public, and we will see him as they see him. They have been hoping this would happen for 4 years now since the J. Wright situation.

Conservatives have been saying every "crisis" for the last 4 years was the downfall of the President. I Remember the hostage crisis with the Somali pirates? Oh conservatives were certain that would be President Obama's Jimmy Carter moment and he'd be exposed to all of America.

They were certain the plumber spread the wealth around, the people cling to their guns and religion, the and Hendry Louis Gates/the police acted stupidly situations would destroy his presidency.

The underwear bomber, the Forthood killings, the passage of the ACA, the bailout of the auto industry, the withdrawal from Iraq, and on and on and on were all other things conservatives just knew would finally expose President Obama.

They forgot the Arab Spring which was far more dangerous then the flare ups going on now and the President managed those situations fairly well.

If one did a search, I bet you could see conservatives bouncing from one thing to another hoping that this or that world event would finally be the one to doom President Obama and expose him for all to see.

This is just latest conservative freak out hoping that President Obama will finally be exposed.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:53 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Actually, this week has been a benefit to Obama's campaign and a corresponding obstacle for Romney. Any time that foreign policy comes to the forefront, Obama has the upper hand. Romney knows it, which is why diarrhea has started spewing from his mouth.

I can't wait for the $7 gasoline!

Armada of British naval power massing in the Gulf as Israel prepares an Iran strike - Telegraph
Quote:
Armada of British naval power massing in the Gulf as Israel prepares an Iran strike

An armada of US and British naval power is massing in the Persian Gulf in the belief that Israel is considering a pre-emptive strike against Iran’s covert nuclear weapons programme.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:05 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, murderous dictators such as Qaddafi, Assad and Mubarak were great for their countries.....
These people have been making it abundantly clear over the past few days that, yes, indeed they do support dictatorships so that they can enjoy their freedom without the hassle of dealing with a newly developing democracy. It's "freedom for me" and "dictatorships with strong control for you."

Old 09-15-2012, 07:07 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
You can twist it that way if you want but it is still a twist and you know that.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:15 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You are right - Bo is toast. Not only does he have a miserable economic record, but now his foriegn policy blunders are clear to everyone.

Landslide for Romney
I think foreign policy is one of his strengths. In this time of turmoil I think we would be fools to elect Romney and Ryan who have absolutely no foreign policy experience. They talk a good talk but my guess is that they are deer in the highlights where foreign policy is concerned. Yes Obama didn't have that experience either when he took office but Biden did. I'm actually very impressed with Obama on this issue.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:22 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's hard to say that Obama has any upper hand when he's caught completely off-guard and all his lavish praise of the Arab Spring means he was perfectly glad to have all this instability in the Middle East. His foreign policy sucks.
I don't think that Obama or anyone else with a brain was expecting an era of peace after the Arab Spring.

And it's not like Obama planned and set off the Arab Spring; it's more that once it happened, the administration had to make some rapid bets as to which constituency they would try to help. The Arab Spring would have happened and played out one way or another. The question is whether you try to influence it a bit in your favor, or whether you just let it play out and deal with the fallout.

In this case, Obama's admin tried to place their bets on a group that they thought they might have better chances of molding and working with over time. Note that I said OVER TIME - that does not mean that things are now happy and perfect. It's going to be a steaming **** pile over there for a long time, and there will be more violence.

But I unequivocally tell you that even with the GOP in office, there would have been similar American involvement in the American Spring. Why? Because as much as it sucks, we can't afford not to be engaged with the region. When we're not, it doesn't mean that the terrorists go away. In fact, it's even worse because then you lose the intelligence on the ground to learn the bits that you do as to who the terrorists are, what they are planning, etc. It was the same thing under Bush.

It's very easy for someone like you to say, "Oh, he shouldn't have made the Arab Spring happen," or "Hey, once the Arab Spring happened, I thought the Middle East was supposed to turn into a pro-American paradise." That's maybe an easy way to gather some cheap points on a forum, but that's not the real world. Much of foreign policy has to do with how one reacts to events, not just how one creates them. And in that regard, Obama really is not really behind the curve.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:23 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think foreign policy is one of his strengths. In this time of turmoil I think we would be fools to elect Romney and Ryan who have absolutely no foreign policy experience. They talk a good talk but my guess is that they are deer in the highlights where foreign policy is concerned. Yes Obama didn't have that experience either when he took office but Biden did. I'm actually very impressed with Obama on this issue.
There was a very specific reason that Obama chose Biden for his VP...

Biden Brings Long Foreign Policy Experience to Obama's Presidential Bid - US News and World Report

Old 09-15-2012, 07:24 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes -- but the liberal voters think he's so cute and cool when he shows up on Letterman, almost as good as a Kardashian so they will want to vote for him. .
Unfortunately, that's it in a nutshell.

America is the land of braindead commedians (look at how many still think Sarah said, "I can see Russia from my house,") and so-called reality TV. Low IQ people like leftists and liberals think that stuff really is real. And they vote accordingly.

It's a sad time for America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections