Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2012, 07:48 PM

490 posts, read 650,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Hussein isn't on the ballot.

But the majority of college educated voters in the USA will be voting for President Barack Obama.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 07:54 PM

490 posts, read 650,188 times
Am I missing something? I will be voting for Obama and I make very good money, not on food stamps, not rich but not poor and I'm not lazy. I can't be among the 47%? Right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 09-17-2012, 07:57 PM

630 posts, read 1,264,590 times
A better question should be how many people who are voting for Romney are also largely dependent on government assistance?

Answer- Millions

Old 09-17-2012, 07:58 PM

29,799 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Wait... Can that include Gubmint workers?

Old 09-17-2012, 08:00 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Here is a video damaging to the Romney Campaign.
Here is what Romney said:

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax."
"My job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Does Romney realize that the majority of people on food stamps are white?

Shorter Romney: All Obama voters are moochers who want, like, food and stuff

Mitt Romney on Obama Voters - YouTube

I would agree with that. Do you think that Obama cared about people who voted against him? Those who vote for Obama will tend to support-

welfare
indefinite unemployment
continued massive deficit spending
no domestic oil or oil shale exploration
limits on coal
unlimited illegal immigration
high corporate taxes
high personal income taxes
opposing national right to work act
support the trial lawyer's association
increased EPA regulations
Obamacare
unions at the expense of the individual worker
expanded federal government

There is no hope for liberals, as they support all of the above. So why should anyone rational care about what they want? We have had four years of the above and it had led to economic misery.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Obama has written off working people. He proved it by stopping the Keystone pipeline, a job that the unions really wanted.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,640,428 times
I'm not on the dole and have never been on the dole. I also never had kids I couldn't take care of and have struggled to keep health insurance all my life. These on going remarks Romney keeps making should scare anyone who isn't in the top income bracket. It's clear this man thinks anyone who has something bad happen to him or her has brought it on themselves.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:04 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Military folks pay federal income tax if they're stateside right? So he's not talking about you. Spare us your faux outrage.
Do you think that the entire 47% that Romney is talking about doesn't work? Of course he's talking about the military, and every other middle class working American. FIY, lots of working people wind up paying zero in federal taxes after things like mortage deductions, tuition deductions, etc are factored in--all programs that republicans supported when they were passed to lower taxes, and which put lots of middle income families in a position where they pay nothing now to the feds. He's talking about pretty much the entire middle class, the elderly and the poor in this country. As for the rest, the next biggest group of Americans paying no taxes are retirees. Sounds like a bunch of freeloaders to me--working families, the elderly.

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I would agree with that. Do you think that Obama cared about people who voted against him? Those who vote for Obama will tend to support-

welfare
indefinite unemployment
continued massive deficit spending
no domestic oil or oil shale exploration
limits on coal
unlimited illegal immigration
high corporate taxes
high personal income taxes
opposing national right to work act
support the trial lawyer's association
increased EPA regulations
Obamacare
unions at the expense of the individual worker
expanded federal government

There is no hope for liberals, as they support all of the above. So why should anyone rational care about what they want? We have had four years of the above and it had led to economic misery.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/us...pagewanted=all

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
I'm not on the dole and have never been on the dole. I also never had kids I couldn't take care of and have struggled to keep health insurance all my life. These on going remarks Romney keeps making should scare anyone who isn't in the top income bracket. It's clear this man thinks anyone who has something bad happen to him or her has brought it on themselves.
He admits, in the article, that he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. What more needs to be said?

There is an enormous difference between being a conservative (a legitimate party/viewpoint) and voting for some far-right sick version of Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections