Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
You dont pay taxes if your in a combat zone. Im pretty sure Romney was not talking about the troops. More people who are trying to live off the gov. handouts instead of trying to find a job. If you are in the military you are working
61% of the people he dissed work for living, but don't earn enough to be taxed. Romney claims these people think they are victims who believe the government must pay for their expenses. Same goes for retirees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 06:20 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Kudos to Romney for speaking up!

It is very simple...you are either for free enterprise and therefore with Romney, or government control and redistribution and therefore with Obama.

Romney and Obama stand for two very different ideological beliefs. Sadly, Obama is the extreme of one and has no ability, nor desire, to lean towards the other. Example....the healthcare TAX that was passed without partisan support.
Your CD handle is unbelievably ironic as your post is particularly uninformed.

It is hardly extreme to defend a policy that below a certain level of income one shouldn't pay taxes. That has been accepted rational policy for many decades, whether Democratically controlled government as well as Republican controlled governments.

What is radical is the notion that considering the fiscal trouble the country is in, the rich should get further tax-cuts paid for by raising the taxes of the poor and middle-class.

You also point to Health Care. There is no requirement that laws have to passed with the support of both parties. They usually need only a majority of the legislative body. The fact is with health care, Mr. Obama's plan was essentially the 1990s plan proposed by Republicans that the Republicans voted NO when Mr. Obama revived it. What has happened is that Republicans have moved so far to the right that they now reject their own plan from only 19 years ago.

4,255 posts, read 3,478,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
61% of the people he dissed work for living, but don't earn enough to be taxed. Romney claims these people think they are victims who believe the government must pay for their expenses. Same goes for retirees.

If thats the way you read into his comment then thats how you see it. Dosnt realy matter what he said.

1,672 posts, read 1,770,674 times
It is amazing how fast the conservative world (not liberal, not MSM, the conservative one) is imploding around Romney. First Libya, now this. The opinion pieces from Bill Kristol and Peggy Noonan are just crazy. Add in the GOP candidates in "Blue States" are running as FAST as they can from him, even to the point of some cancelling fundraisers with Romney/Ryan, shows how big a problem this is for him.

And we are under the T-minus 60 days, with the debates coming up where you KNOW questions related to the above topics will be asked. This is now a campaign issue that isn't going to be washed away. Romney is in serious trouble now.

Last edited by Maabus1999; 09-19-2012 at 06:28 AM..

Old 09-19-2012, 06:21 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
Am I missing something? I will be voting for Obama and I make very good money, not on food stamps, not rich but not poor and I'm not lazy. I can't be among the 47%? Right?
According to Rom you are (lazy, shiftless, jobless, worthless, etc.) (: He will not be governing you.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:21 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Oh dear I have a nephew full of shame that he did not pay income tax while serving in Afghanistan.
So will Romney be pushing for members of the US military to pay income tax on their pay while they are in combat zones ?

As the lad said, the shame will always be with him.
Tell him to shed the shame by voting for Obama and NOT the troop hating Romney who thinks they're all moochers....tell him to spread the word

Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,586,897 times
Seems like Romney showed his true colors. He thinks the 46 % that don't pay federal income tax are nothing more than filth and dirt. Nothing wrong with that. If that's the way he feels I'm ok with that. At least he is honest.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:24 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
It is amazing how fast the conservative world (not liberal, not MSM, the conservative one) is imploding around Romney. First Libya, now this. The opinon pieces from Bill Kristol and Peggy Noonan are just crazy. Add in the GOP candidates in "Blue States" are running as FAST as they can from him, even to the point of some cancelling fundraisers with Romney/Ryan, shows how big a problem this is for him.

And we are under the T-minus 60 days, with the debates coming up where you KNOW questions related to the above topics will be asked. This is now a campaign issue that isn't going to be washed away. Romney is in serious trouble now.
I feel sorry for the true Conservatives who did not deserve this fiasco of a candidate. How did our country veer so far from a legitimate, balanced two-party system? I could go liberal or conservative, based on decent loyal American-loving candidates. But no one could have envisioned or dreamed this one up.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:28 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I feel sorry for the true Conservatives who did not deserve this fiasco of a candidate. How did our country veer so far from a legitimate, balanced two-party system? I could go liberal or conservative, based on decent loyal American-loving candidates. But no one could have envisioned or dreamed this one up.
The real conservatives have been pushed out of the GOP. They will be back once they purge themselves of the nuts that have taken over.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Hmmm. he probably paid more in taxes, than you made, and probably donated more money to charity than you made. I looked over the tax records that was released, he he donated more the charity than biden, reid, pelosi, and obamba combined. He also paid more in taxes than his charitable donations were, and even if he's only paying 15% because the money he made was on capital gains, it's still in the MILLIONS paid.

Says a lot about his character, and theirs.
Ya, equating wealth with having character!!! LOL! Yup, that's the Republican way....the adoration of the Wealthy as their only god.
He "may, "probably" paid more taxes than I and a lot of other people because he is so incredibly wealthy (from INHERITED wealth)but did he pay his fair share, NO, ...or he would've released his tax statements.

AND there are MANY Republican voters in that 47% of mooching freeloaders that Romney hates....they may just change their minds....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections