Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You are aware that middle class do give to charity also? We don't know how much Romney gave to charity because he hides his tax returns.
No, you don't know how much he gives to charity because you refuse to look at publicly available information, or you are choosing to be intentionally dishonest. Now shall we talk about the pittance that people like Joe Biden give to charity?

An Inside Look At The Millions Mitt Romney Has Given Away - Forbes

Quote:
In just the past two years, Romney has given the church $1.525 million and $2.6 million, respectively, according to his tax returns. Romney has also publicly stated on multiple occasions that the entirety of his inheritance from his father, who died in 1995, was donated to the BYU Marriott School of Management’s Institute of Public Management, which now bears his father George W. Romney’s name.
Quote:
Romney and his wife Ann also maintain a separate foundation, established in 1999, the same year that Romney left Bain Capital to serve as CEO of the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics Organizing Committee. The couple have contributed approximately$13.6 million, including an initial gift of more than $3.6 million, to their Tyler Charitable Foundation, based in Boston, MA, in the past 13 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Exclamation huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
But it ought to be a one-time thing, given to that person out of the goodness of the hearts of man. Our "social safety net" used to be the church.

By the way, I'm a lot more excited to vote for Romney now.
History doesn't tell it your way.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:47 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
And they give back a heck of alot for the betterment of society through charity and foundations....... why are you deflecting and not acknowleging the truth? Are some of the rich less than steller people and stole or inherited? Yes, absolutely..... but you and other Dems seem to have this hatred for all or them and lump them all together despite evidence of extraordinary philanthropy

It is because you have been told to hate the rich regardless of what good they have done
How do you know what people give to charity? You only know of a few that are in the news but you don't know what wealthy people do with their money.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Another misleading title. Why are we not surpised. Romney is right. I would rather have leadership taking us to productive horizons than a leader that just hands out food stamps. Romney is right.
WHY does the right consider handing out food stamps any different than handing out more unquestioned $$$ to the MIC?

Old 09-19-2012, 08:49 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
What are you going to do with all your time and Obama hate after Obama wins the election in November?

A hobby? Therapy?
If the American people are stupid enough to re-elect Obama, I'll do as I already said... I'll watch him wear the albatross he's created for another 4 years. After that, no one will vote for a Dem for at least a generation.

And I don't hate Obama. I just strongly believe he's the wrong person for the job.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:51 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If Social Security is insurance, Congress is stealing from every American who pays federal income tax on their Social Security benefits.

It is a longstanding principle in this country that insurance proceeds (payouts) are tax-exempt when the premiums are paid with post-income-tax dollars.

So if Social Security is insurance, why are millions of Americans paying FIT on their Social Security benefits?

because CONGRESS made ss (and UE) an income

they (the irs) CONSIDER it an income..you get it, it COMES INTO YOU HOME,,,oits an income

yet welfare is not considered an income...go figure

Old 09-19-2012, 08:52 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If the American people are stupid enough to re-elect Obama, I'll do as I already said... I'll watch him wear the albatross he's created for another 4 years. After that, no one will vote for a Dem for at least a generation.

And I don't hate Obama. I just strongly believe he's the wrong person for the job.
He will blame bush for the next 4 years I'd reelected he will never look to his own policies

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obama also cut Medicare by $500 billion. Seniors remember that. Especially since that's a benefit for which they have already paid.

Great reminder!!!

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why doesn't your nephew just confess his sins and admit that he slobbers over Barack Obama?

Let's just keep it simple and leave the troops out of this discussion.
Why? He linked them with almost half the country and you don't like that part. Doesn't it make Romney look bad? Of course it does.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:55 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Why? He linked them with almost half the country and you don't like that part. Doesn't it make Romney look bad? Of course it does.
No, he did not link them, he was talking about all the dead beats, again, blacks, hispanics, white trash...he did not mean vets or retired people living on social security, period. DEADBEATS!

and by the way, if all the troops came home there would be no jobs for them to do, b/c Obama has created so many jobs....yeah right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections