Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2012, 11:17 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Romney is counting on the poor white trash he is making fun of to vote for him. And the good news is likely half of them will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 11:18 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Do you believe 1 out of 2 Americans fit that description??
I have no idea the percentage, I do know people on welfare and they're very capable of working. I knew one girl that ended up with a drug habit from being on welfare........... She had 5 children lived with a man that was the father of 3 of the kids they never married, he worked under the table. She used meth and died at the age of 38, never worked a day in her life, she said she would lose her welfare if she worked.

Quote:
I thought Christians believed in not judging others? Didn't Jesus have a saying about judging others?? I have nothing against true Christians, it's the frauds that deserve the bashing.
So when Christians speak out against fraud thats judging, but you can judge others for seeing the problem of people who don't work and use others to pay their cell phone and cable bills???

I see you really don't even know what a true Christian is, you just think you do............

2,654 posts, read 5,762,054 times
If he can turn it around, he has an uphill battle ahead of him. Its not impossible but time isnt on his side.

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
What about my post leads you to believe that I am whining? I am merely maintaining that Romney's statements are at best misleading and at worst counter-factual while at the same time pointing out the flaws in his argument.
Well no kidding. Everything the man says is turned into some sor tof misleading counter factual statement by you obama supporters. It doesn't matter what is said. That is all you folks do. Its like comedy central watching you folks try and a) vilify romney and b) excuse anything and everything Obama does.

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
It's actually good that Romney said these things. His words are representative of how most Republicans view their fellow Americans - with disdain.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:19 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Romney is counting on the poor white trash he is making fun of to vote for him. And the good news is likely half of them will.
Funny that you people actually believe poor people show up to vote.........have another toke!!

It's only those who get pizza and a bus ride.............

Old 09-17-2012, 11:19 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,115 times
It's well known and documented that Mitt Romney needs to lie on the campaign trail to people to attempt to get votes. However, this was a fundraiser where people like him were in attendance so it's frightening that he is still pandering to people he knows are going to vote for him. This also shows that he actually believes his lies. Even if what he said weren't incredibly stupid he still said incredibly ignorant things.

Mitt Romney doesn't care about you, he cares about the wealthy.

Romney uses lies like these while he's campaigning to force false propaganda on potential voters and that's beyond pathetic. This was a private fundraiser where people were going to vote for him regardless (the kind that he was complaining about) so the fact that he used the same lines just shows how delusional he is. Then he goes and talks about what he considers is okay to base your decisions on who to vote for and some are ridiculously stupid.

Mitt wants money and his way. If he can get that he doesn't care what happens to the lower and middle classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I belong to another message board, one that is heavy on self-sufficiency, and I see this A LOT.

Lots and lots of threads and follow up posts about so-called "dead beats" and "welfare queens," and how there is never an excuse for being on any kind of assistance, but when "one of their own" falls on hard times, the others sure seem to know how to work the system and are quite generous with advice on how to get food stamps, financial aid, and medical.

Just the other day, someone started a thread about having qualified for financial aid and Pell grants so she could return to college after having raised her kids and every single response was positive and full of congratulations - even though almost without exception the responders were known Romney supporters, even though Paul Ryan's budget, which Romney says he supports, would greatly diminish Pell grants.

But, you know, as long as they get theirs..........
I like your post, I agree.

The Republican party calling is "I've got mine, screw-you."

Old 09-17-2012, 11:20 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
You know what I got from watching that tape? Here, at long last, is the real Romney.

I never heard Mitt so lucid, so self-assured, so AUTHENTIC. No corny jokes, no reciting "America the Beautiful", no stumbling over his words, no pause for effect while rolling his eyes, no contradictions, no talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Just a hateful, spiteful, spoiled-rotten corporate "Master of the Universe " spouting the disgusting crap I hear all the time from Republicans, where ever two or more of them are gathered.

Here was Romney, in his element, surrounded by his "peers", saying exactly what he thinks of half the country he wants us to think he's fit to lead.

And BOY was it ever ugly!
Wow...

Wow...

Wow...

You really never cease to amaze me.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-18-2012 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: language

Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Exaclty what does any of that have to do with Romney or freeloaders? Oh that's right nothing. Typical desperation post from swooners is all you got it appears.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 PM

630 posts, read 1,265,220 times
After this sh*t storm today, there's no way that poor states like Mississippi or West Virginia should vote for Romney. But they will "cuz Obama's a Muzzlum"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections