Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 12:41 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,288,832 times

Advertisements

Romney = Palin 2.0. No threat whatsoever due to hoisting themselves by their own petards. Obama wins by default in these things, I kid you not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 12:41 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,923,642 times

Old 09-18-2012, 12:42 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,089,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So you think it's funny that the Obama admin is putting these folks out of work? That about says it all about you.
The Obama admin didn't do a damn thing other than enforce safety and environmental regulations that mine owners and operators did not want to follow. You are putting the blame on the wrong people.

Oh but that's right--no one wants the government involved, until someone gets hurt or another Love Canal happens.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:42 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,402,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Well let me shed some light. It is hypocritical for Republicans to continue to spew nonsense about how responsible they are whilst Democrats are not, when we see CLEARLY THAT BLUE STATES ARE PAYING FOR RED STATE SPLURGING at the level of government Mitt Romney wants to lead--the Federal govt.
My red state pays for quite a few blue states.

It has more to do with the states that are primarily urban vs. rural, where military installations are, etc. A lot of blue states are "mooching" too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Oh really, and why do you suppose that?

Look at the exit poll data I linked to. Look at the income of Obama voters vs. McCain voters. No, I am not saying to look at the race of the voters. Look at the income.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:43 AM

630 posts, read 1,260,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So you think it's funny that the Obama admin is putting these folks out of work? That about says it all about you.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. It's all Obama's fault that coal miners are losing their jobs. Nobody else is to blame. Obama's goal is to put every coal miner in America out of work. Haven't your liberal friends told you? it's our evil plan.

Oh, but this rag CNN has some stupid article about how there's a lot of factors at work. I guess they haven't heard the REAL story.

Did Obama kill coal jobs? - Sep. 7, 2012

Old 09-18-2012, 12:47 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,413,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I don't think that map means much of anything to be honest.

Who is voting for who matters more than how entire states are voting.

Look at Mississippi (the state with the highest percentage of non-filers)...

Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

I would bet that Republican voters in Mississippi are a lot more likely to be paying taxes than Democratic voters.
Even different "policies" aside, I would so lose interest in Obama in a heartbeat if he ever started spouting any of the stuff Romney's been coming out with! And yet you seem to be willing to continually give Romney a pass, and "re-interpret" him, no matter what (and obviously unwilling to cut Obama even the slightest bit of slack).

So question, how bad does it have to get.... how thoughtless, craven, mealy-moothed, heartless, entitled, flip-flopping, hypocritical, etc.... before you would ever go, "enough, that's it, I'm finally done with this guy?!"

Old 09-18-2012, 12:48 AM

20,102 posts, read 16,036,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
After this sh*t storm today, there's no way that poor states like Mississippi or West Virginia should vote for Romney. But they will "cuz Obama's a Muzzlum"
West Virginia will vote for Romney because of coal. In that state, the rest of the platform doesn't matter.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:50 AM

630 posts, read 1,260,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I doubt KUchief25 has any liberal friends.
Yeah, I figured but I thought I'd at least ask

Old 09-18-2012, 12:50 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,156,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I doubt KUchief25 has any liberal friends.
I doubt he knows any real liberals

Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 AM

487 posts, read 380,951 times
I am outraged! The middle east is in shambles! The economy is broken! Obama has been linked to terrorists and communists! And Romney is getting skewered over this???

America has changed! We deserve all the pain and misery that will ensue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections