Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 11:38 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. And frauds are using the disabled and elderly as a front. They use these people because they know we empathize and want to provide for the people who can't work and our belief that we should take care of the elderly. They ride their coat tails. If we said that we need higher taxes to pay for people because they just don't feel like working it will not go over too well, you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Wow, so you didn't read all of what you just quoted, only the part you agreed with, that is low.
That is the part that I agreed with. Anything wrong with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 11:38 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What Romney said is class warfare against the poor!
There needs to be a war. They poor are destroying the country. If you have half the people dependent on the other half we are screwed.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:39 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
"There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it."

This, from a man who got $70,000 Government tax break last year for his pet horse.
A liberal lie. But hey, that's all the left does these days.

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Romney hit the nail on the head. If the takers want to keep taking they will vote for Obama.

There are some very wealthy people that don't pay income taxes.... GE at a corporate level...

If Romney can make it so he would be in the same category. I suspect his barbs are pointed at the people that don't have the millions. I have no idea why any of them would vote for him. If this wasn't enough of a warning sign to them, nothing will be.

Here is one of the many links to this

Mother Jones: Romney ‘may get his wish’ - Erik Wemple - The Washington Post

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
All in all, it's just another brick in the wall.
Just one comment alone won't sink Mitt, but they all add up.

Interestingly, I noticed Mitt's speech was fluent, rapid, and had none of the stuttering and long pauses we have seen since January. This made me think he was speaking his truly held beliefs, and is only mentally secure when surrounded by his own.
Or possibly scripted?

Like that "joke" he made about not having to show anyone his birth certificate?

Quote:
is only mentally secure when surrounded by his own.
I think this ^^^^ could very well be true.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:42 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I will definitely do a little more digging with this one. I just can't believe Willard would be this stupid and wreckless.

Mitt Romney Video: Barack Obama Voters 'Dependent On Government'

You are right, he is not stupid. Have you ever heard the term 'crazy like a fox'?

Old 09-18-2012, 11:43 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
If you have half the people dependent on the other half we are screwed.
Yes. The country WILL collapse under the weight of the welfare-dependent.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa
I support Obama. Romney just called me a deadbeat who takes no responsibility for his life. I have paid in thousands and thousands and thousands more in taxes in my lifetime and continue to pay them in retirement. I have also paid thousands for social security and medicare and I don't consider them handouts.

Romney's remarks won't change my vote, of course, as I saw through this fool years ago. But maybe some other people my age who get SS and don't pay taxes will not like being called trash by the rich guy and give their support for him a second thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So, pretty much, this proves what Romney is saying is true.
We know what Romney said is true. But believe this. If I believed for one moment that Romney wanted to put the elderly and disabled out on the street I would change my mind in a minute. The left wants you to believe this is exactly what he means and anyone with ANY common sense knows its a spin. But the left wants to believe it because it supports their cause and as Romney said no one in the 47% will vote for Romney and he is right.

The difference is Romney is refusing to PANDER.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:45 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are one of those "takers", are you not? God knows what Romney would do with you if he wins.....
Romney who earns millions pays lots of taxes that funds the ones who need it plus the takers. Take the romneys out of the scenario, you have very little tax base and the freebees would stop.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:46 AM

I'm not dependent on government

NOT YET!

Obama is re-elected many more of us will be. So many complain what it is like to be on welfare. If you aren't on the government dole now you are looking at YOUR FUTURE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections