Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 11:26 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
Somehow everyone has coincidently forgotten Obama's "clinging to their guns and religion" remarks.
Actually, they were mentioned on "CBS This Morning" -- they even played the tape -- in the context of Romney's remarks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 11:28 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Writing in the Weekly Standard, conservative Bill Kristol calls Romney FLA fundraiser remarks "arrogant and stupid", wondering if Romney does not understand that among the "47%" are a large number of GOP voters, like seniors and military.

Then Kristol says: "I STILL think it is important for Romney to win in November (unless he steps aside for Ryan/Rubio, and we get the ticket we deserve)"

A Note on Romney

I predicted several days ago that, as events continue to expose Romney as incompetent, that he may start to feel some pressure to withdraw (yes, I DO get tired of being right all the time! )

Is Kristol's remark mere wishful thinking from a leader of the conservatives (who NEVER trusted Romney anyway)?

Or, as the GOP sees its dream of defeating Obama slipping away, is Kristol dropping a HINT???

Is this a whisper that will turn into a roar???

Republicans, conservatives, TPers, Paulistas, libertarians... how many of you want Romney to step aside?

Bill Kristol is a nobody in the GOP, which is why he does things just like this. He is like a spoiled child who is kicking and screaming for someone to pay attention to him. He has been irrelevant ever since he was the one who pushed Palin on McCain. The GOP has a long memory and when he did that and someone was stupid enough to listen and it blew up in their faces, he was cast aside. He is an idiot and a dufus who nobody listens to anymore.

If Romney is such a screw up, you should be thrilled to have him stay in the race.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:29 AM

487 posts, read 382,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Off the top of my head, Chris Christie would have been a better choice. I even think Newt Gingrich would have been a better choice. Sure, Gingrich has all that personal baggage but that is already out there. More to the point his personal baggage doesn't paint him as some kind of elitist.

It seems like each day Romney says something or something comes out that further paints him as some sort of out of touch millionaire. Unfortunately, this is in turn negating his best asset namely his business experience enabling him to be able to turn the economy around.
Yes, you can comfortably way that because neither were nominated. Are you so bind to think that New Gingrich's personal baggage wouldn't have been exploited by the left? He's a right wing, adulterer, big headed nut job remember?

Romney is a good a decent man. He helped terminally ill children long before he ran for public office for Gods sake!

The liberal media does what it does. I actually felt bad for Hillary when she ran...

In fact I don't think the media has a good track record with female politicians.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Actually, they were mentioned on "CBS This Morning" -- they even played the tape -- in the context of Romney's remarks.
Good for them.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:41 AM

So, now there's another "video" of Romney that coincidently slipped out. What's with all the inflammatory videos this week?

Everything seems to be a happy coincidence with the Obama campaign.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:16 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
romney - Google Search

So... Another video that was taped months ago that coincidently surfaces when Obama's foreign policy record is under threat..

If people are too naive to see the politics behind this, then I will say, as a patriotic conservative, then Americans are truly the stupidest people in the world.
Of course there is politics behind it.

Rather delicious politics:

How the Romney video leaked: For Carters, it was personal - First Read

Yes, those Carters.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:37 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,841,818 times
Quote:
So, now there's another "video" of Romney that coincidently slipped out. What's with all the inflammatory videos this week?

Everything seems to be a happy coincidence with the Obama campaign.
My goodness! You'd think we're in the middle of a Presidential election or something.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
My goodness! You'd think we're in the middle of a Presidential election or something.

I know, right!!!

Old 09-18-2012, 12:38 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Not going to happen.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Not going to happen.
Of course not.
Mr. Romney is supposed to be president. He told us so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections