Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 09:01 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,294 times

Advertisements

Writing in the Weekly Standard, conservative Bill Kristol calls Romney FLA fundraiser remarks "arrogant and stupid", wondering if Romney does not understand that among the "47%" are a large number of GOP voters, like seniors and military.

Then Kristol says: "I STILL think it is important for Romney to win in November (unless he steps aside for Ryan/Rubio, and we get the ticket we deserve)"

A Note on Romney

I predicted several days ago that, as events continue to expose Romney as incompetent, that he may start to feel some pressure to withdraw (yes, I DO get tired of being right all the time! )

Is Kristol's remark mere wishful thinking from a leader of the conservatives (who NEVER trusted Romney anyway)?

Or, as the GOP sees its dream of defeating Obama slipping away, is Kristol dropping a HINT???

Is this a whisper that will turn into a roar???

Republicans, conservatives, TPers, Paulistas, libertarians... how many of you want Romney to step aside?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 09:03 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Kristol doesn't speak for anyone but himself. He's a nobody just like everyone over at the NYT.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:06 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Justice Dept. regularly enlists Media Matters to spin press | The Daily Caller

Hmmm.....that idiot must also have been corresponding with media matters.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:55 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,687 times
Shrill, sniveling, hyperventilating bedwetting conservatives are now shrieking hysterically "ABR"...."Anybody But Romney!" I love it!

Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Kristol doesn't speak for anyone but himself. He's a nobody just like everyone over at the NYT.
Krystol expresses opinions which large numbers of Conservatives support. To paint him as some sort of NYTimes insider is not to know who he is.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:22 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Krystol expresses opinions which large numbers of Conservatives support. To paint him as some sort of NYTimes insider is not to know who he is.
Sean Hannity told them that the NYT is a left wing propaganda rag. That's all these dopes need to know.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:27 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,460,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
And his father can be reasonably said to have co-founded the neoconservative movement. To depict Kristol as some obscure political hack is a bit naive (well, except for the "political hack" part).

Old 09-18-2012, 10:29 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The NYT???

Kristol is the editor of the Weekly Standard. He doesn't work for the NYT!

This piece was written by a leading CONSERVATIVE, for a leading CONSERVATIVE journal.

Trust me, most Dems LIKE having Romney stay in the race (not me though... I've come to the conclusion the guy is unstable)

Old 09-18-2012, 10:29 AM

1,196 posts, read 838,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Writing in the Weekly Standard, conservative Bill Kristol calls Romney FLA fundraiser remarks "arrogant and stupid", wondering if Romney does not understand that among the "47%" are a large number of GOP voters, like seniors and military.

Then Kristol says: "I STILL think it is important for Romney to win in November (unless he steps aside for Ryan/Rubio, and we get the ticket we deserve)"

A Note on Romney

I predicted several days ago that, as events continue to expose Romney as incompetent, that he may start to feel some pressure to withdraw (yes, I DO get tired of being right all the time! )

Is Kristol's remark mere wishful thinking from a leader of the conservatives (who NEVER trusted Romney anyway)?

Or, as the GOP sees its dream of defeating Obama slipping away, is Kristol dropping a HINT???

Is this a whisper that will turn into a roar???

Republicans, conservatives, TPers, Paulistas, libertarians... how many of you want Romney to step aside?
Not as many as democrats that want to can the empty chair obama for Hillary

Old 09-18-2012, 10:32 AM

487 posts, read 382,760 times
Liberal arrogance and smugness abounds.

Have we all forgotten how to act like civil and respectful people?

Our country truly has changed; I think things are starting to unravel for us all. And I'm not one to call myself a doomsdayer, but I'm beginning to be quite concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections