Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:44 AM

876 posts, read 708,620 times

Advertisements

I don't think obama has a good understanding of how Americans love and respect our country and it's symbols. Four years ago when he was criticized for not wearing a flag pin, I didn't really think much of it. But, when I saw the video of Michelle saying during a flag day celebration, "All this for a damn flag", it made me really mad. When they tweeted the pic of this distorted and disgraceful "obama" flag, they said, "there are no red states. There are no blue states. It's only the United States." Sorry obama's, we DO have STATES. And they DO have their own beliefs and they have for 236 years. They may not care for our symbols or respect them. That is their right. But, they shouldn't be in charge of America if they don't respect that we have 50 individual states. I think they are going to be surprised when most states go red on Nov 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 09:45 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I hope in a week or so, you'll revisit this thread and see just how partisan your arguments are.

You mean you hope that I will ignore logical argument and come back and side with your partisan position?

Sorry Saul, not going to happen. The fact that you are unable to actually deal with the content of my argument is not a failing on my position, it is simply your unwillingness to accept that my arguments in this thread were not of a partisan fashion, but because you are so thoroughly entrenched in partisan politics, you can not see anything other than my comments being an attack on your "side" when in fact I have argued an objection to all sides.

You may ask, why don't I start threads about the republicans? Mainly because I don't start threads very often (I think I have started two in my entire time here). I simply comment on them. Now if you want to start a thread to complain about the republicans poor form of symbolism, I would be happy to comment in it and you notice my argument will not change.

That is, I argue symbolism concerning the main components. If the stars, stripes, and colors are present, then in my opinion, I think it is for the most part staying within "basic" coordination of conveying that symbolism. It is the omission of symbols such as I explained to which I have an issue with and I don't care who does it.

Again, you are still invalid in your position because you continue to try to make this a "side" issue.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:46 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,433 times
For those who think it is not true, did they even bother to click on the link in the story Store Barak Obama dot com

Whether it was his idea or that of his campaign or just the people who think like him idea, it is an insult to the flag and our country it stands for.

I have not even bothered to read beyond the first page of posts because this so infuriated me that anyone would sell something like that.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:47 AM

990 posts, read 938,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Basic symbolism is all there. Like I said, I have a problem with the omission or replacement of symbols in such. As you have noticed, both parties have done it.

As for your racist claim, grow up. You make yourself a racist by constantly bringing up that accusation. Get off race, we are Americans and people can actually disagree with another person without it being some stupid infantile argument of race.
Yeah, I as a white person am racist. RIIIIIIGHT.

Seriously, this nonsense about how everything Obama's CAMPAIGN STAFFERS DO is somehow about the evil Communist taking over the world is purely based in Racism. There's no other reason for the outrage that the right-wing feels for everything done in Obama's name other than that. Well, either that or complete and utter ignorance.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
I don't think obama has a good understanding of how Americans love and respect our country and it's symbols. Four years ago when he was criticized for not wearing a flag pin, I didn't really think much of it. But, when I saw the video of Michelle saying during a flag day celebration, "All this for a damn flag", it made me really mad. When they tweeted the pic of this distorted and disgraceful "obama" flag, they said, "there are no red states. There are no blue states. It's only the United States." Sorry obama's, we DO have STATES. And they DO have their own beliefs and they have for 236 years. They may not care for our symbols or respect them. That is their right. But, they shouldn't be in charge of America if they don't respect that we have 50 individual states. I think they are going to be surprised when most states go red on Nov 6.
I think this would have been less of an issue (as we also note the other parties/groups have similar displays poor symbolism at times) if it wasn't for the fact that Obama has made some pretty controversial comments concerning state rights, the constitution, liberty, etc... and so it makes little things like this set people off, even though as I said, it shows up in all the parties. Hypocritical? Sure, but I see why it sets them off.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:52 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
What is really sad is that anyone still watches Fox News.
It puzzles me how the so called intellectual followers of CNN, ABC, NBC with their obvious left wing bias, can call Fox watchers sheep. I think you are brain numbed and sheep in your own right. Hitler knew how to use people like you........so easy, way too easy.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Yeah, I as a white person am racist. RIIIIIIGHT.

Seriously, this nonsense about how everything Obama's CAMPAIGN STAFFERS DO is somehow about the evil Communist taking over the world is purely based in Racism. There's no other reason for the outrage that the right-wing feels for everything done in Obama's name other than that. Well, either that or complete and utter ignorance.

Anyone can be racist for any reason. It can be true racism, it can be guilt apologetic racism, etc... The thing is, you bring up race when it is irrelevant and that is a racist approach.

The communistic arguments are based in fact. Obama has been clear about his positions on this. He believes in Marxism and has argued points concerning it. He believes in many aspects of the "ism's" and uses them as tools to achieve what he thinks will be good for society. He thinks the Constitution is flawed because it limits the power of government to make change. This is a Marxist argument. He believes in redistribution of wealth and sees no problem with taking from one individual in order to give to another. These are not secrets and they come from his own mouth.

Now you can be ignorant about it, but the fact is, he supports a more socialized means of society. You deflecting objections to that by using race, makes you a racist.

Oh, and as for "right wing", I despise them both. They are one and the same, all looking to limit liberty for the sake of instituting their own brand of an ideal society. None of them respect freedom and liberty, nor do the majority of people.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:55 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
the american flag has been redesigned to show that the states are no longer relevant. The stars representing the states has now been replaced by the obama logo.

Does the arrogance of this egomaniac have no bounds?
Click image for larger version

Name:	obama-imagesCACOKYXU.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	101324

Old 09-20-2012, 09:58 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
For those who think it is not true, did they even bother to click on the link in the story Store Barak Obama dot com

Whether it was his idea or that of his campaign or just the people who think like him idea, it is an insult to the flag and our country it stands for.

I have not even bothered to read beyond the first page of posts because this so infuriated me that anyone would sell something like that.
Note how they make sure to put in there "Made in the USA". LOL. Unbelievable these people.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:03 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
For all you dipsticks who refuse to discuss the topic and attack the medium, you have been provided the link to Obama's website. Now you lefties have no more excuses to attack the premise of the thread. You will either have to discuss the facts, or run away like little obamanot cowards.
Hmm...

Or...

A corporate logo smack dab in the middle of the flag. Yeah, that's respectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections