Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:47 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times

Advertisements

Looks like Fauxahontas' convention bounce has been wiped-out:

U.S. Sen. Scott Brown has moved into a narrow lead over rival Elizabeth Warren while his standing among Massachusetts voters has improved despite a year-long Democratic assault, a new UMass Lowell/Boston Herald poll shows.

The GOP incumbent is beating Warren by a 50-44 percent margin among registered Bay State voters, a turnaround from the last University of Massachusetts Lowell/Herald poll nine months ago that had the Democratic challenger leading by seven points. Among likely voters, Brown is leading the Harvard Law professor by a 49-45 percent margin, just within the poll’s 5.5 percent margin of error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 10:23 AM

235 posts, read 276,322 times
I am from MA and its still not clear... Brown has a tough task on hand.. I personally am not a great fan of any of this two but Warren should make it if sense prevails...

Old 09-20-2012, 01:09 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,255,485 times
In suburban Middlesex County, where I live, the ratio of Brown yard signs to Warren yard signs is easily 10:1. I was actually shocked at the number of Brown signs out.

Brown has a great advantage not just because he is a moderate and is the incumbent, but he is someone who is likeable (his favorability rating is just shy of 60%) and he can relate to a lot of the blue-collar Massachusetts residents. Warren's biggest assets are (a) being a Democrat and (b) the consumer-advocacy role. Personally, I don't think Warren will be an effective politician. Hate it or love it, to get things done in Washington you have to get a little 'dirty in the mud' and that means Warren will have to make some sort of compromise. That defeats her entire candidacy pitch. Instead, her role is best served in the CFPA, where she can fight these 'fat cats' and 'big, bad Wall St. firms' who break the rules (which, by the way, are enforced by the current administration).

But Warren has an automatic backup plan anyways. Remember - if Obama wins (and chances are more likely he will than won't), John Kerry is already being considered for the next Secretary of State. Guess what? That opens up an empty Senate seat that can be filled through appointment from Governor Patrick.... boy, I wonder who he would choose for that?

Old 09-20-2012, 01:10 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
brown is a democrat essentially like the 2 republicans in maine.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:21 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
I am from MA and its still not clear... Brown has a tough task on hand.. I personally am not a great fan of any of this two but Warren should make it if sense prevails...
"If sense prevails?" The woman is an idiot! And a liar too! She bills herself as a "native American" and therefor a "minority" with no family history (except what is described as family "lore") of any Cherokee blood.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:04 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,255,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"If sense prevails?" The woman is an idiot! And a liar too! She bills herself as a "native American" and therefor a "minority" with no family history (except what is described as family "lore") of any Cherokee blood.
Now wait a sec. I thought she saw a picture of one of her ancestors, and they had high cheekbones?

Old 09-20-2012, 03:41 PM

235 posts, read 276,322 times
I dont know what to reply but Mr Brown shows off driving in his pick up truck all around to prove he is a common guy? In fact he makes it a point to prove he is a commoner cuz he drives pick up truck!!
Now that's a lie too..

No one is clean in this game dude.... But i guess you already know that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Old 09-20-2012, 04:15 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Oh please Lord. Send her back to the yard with her tail between her legs.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:01 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Scott Brown is one of my favorite Republicans. I think that race will be close, but Warren will probably win. Romney's doing poorly there and it will probably drag Brown down.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:12 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MA2NC2012 View Post
Sure, she is the one who originally came up with the brilliant "you didn't build that."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections