Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 11:18 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times

Advertisements

Will the DECEIT of the Republican Party never end?

Obama ‘Redistribution’ Audio Clip Truncated By GOP - ABC News

Quote:
The 14-year-old audio clip circulated by the Mitt Romney campaign this week to attack Barack Obama as favoring “redistribution” of wealth was “deceptively edited,” Democrats say, leaving out important context that Obama provided in his next breath.
In
the clip Republicans are pushing around – and Romney now cites on the stump – then Illinois State Sen. Obama is heard speaking at a university conference in October 1998, appearing to endorse “redistribution” of wealth.
“I actually believe in redistribution, at least at a certain level, to make sure that everybody’s got a shot,” Obama is heard saying on the clip, which then abruptly ends.
Do you want people who intentionally DECEIVE YOU running your country?

If you had heard the ENTIRE audio clip you would hear the following ...

Quote:
In the full recording, obtained by NBC News, Obama continues to explain in the next sentence that he is speaking broadly about making city and state government more efficient in their use of resources — and endorses “competition” in the “marketplace.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 11:26 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
I never heard of this "Republican" guy on YouTube named nick cruz before.......what position does he hold in the Republican Party?

Old 09-20-2012, 11:30 AM

7,530 posts, read 11,365,273 times
Where is the video for this? It seems to me that if this was at a college like Layola it would have been video taped.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:19 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
Who cares even IF you added the extra words?

We all know his real agenda and when you combine this above video with the other one, it's pretty clear:

Old 09-20-2012, 12:43 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
4 Pinocchios for a truncated, 14-year Obama clip - The Washington Post

Here is an article I was reading about the audio clip, and how it was edited, etc.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:45 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,424 times
I thought they all did that sort of stuff.

The whole Al Gore invented the internet was an example of that, probably many more. Both Parties are guilty.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Will the DECEIT of the Republican Party never end?

Obama ‘Redistribution’ Audio Clip Truncated By GOP - ABC News

Do you want people who intentionally DECEIVE YOU running your country?

If you had heard the ENTIRE audio clip you would hear the following ...

You beat me to it. I was just reading about this. Desperation is a ugly look on the GOP.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:04 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Nothing was taken out of context at all. We heard many, many times in the 2008 campaign that he wants to redistribute wealth. Remember him telling "Joe the Plumber" that?

Old 09-20-2012, 01:06 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Nothing was taken out of context at all. We heard many, many times in the 2008 campaign that he wants to redistribute wealth. Remember him telling "Joe the Plumber" that?
You only heard that in your head ;plus the other voices as well.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 1,883 times
As an educated, working, white male supporting a wife and children, under the current federal tax code my effective tax rate is zero (BTW, my annual income puts us very close to the poverty line). So, instead of the Fed using my tax dollars, I use them to buy food, clothing, and shelter, which to me seems to be a good thing for the economy. In all honesty, I wish I made enough so I could pay my fair share in taxes as well as buy stuff to help the economy. Unfortunately, over the last decade, instead of wages increasing, I've been told that I am lucky to have a job. True, I do feel lucky that I have not been unemployed. But every corporation I have worked for reports profit growth over previous years while wages stagnate. I have done my part in trying to improve my personal situation - first a bachelors degree and recently an MBA - but it seems corporations just do not want to pay more.

“Workers work hard enough to not be fired, and owners pay just enough so that workers won't quit.” - Robert T. Kiyosaki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections