Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 07:51 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Is it really not enough to simply disagree politically? Do we really need to emulate lynching? This is absurd and offensive.

Empty chair 'lynchings': Anti-Obama protests gone too far? - U.S. News
Unbelievable. But I'm sure decent republicans out there does not condone this tripe although quite a few CD repubs do.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
And what about the pictures of Bush morphing into a monkey?

Those who look for racism will find it anywhere they look.
Correction. It was a chimp. Btw, it didn't have to morph much.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
It's so funny to watch these types of threads, because they have the same exact formula regardless of the OP...

1. OP posts about something a liberal or conservative did, saying it was offensive/disgusting/hypocritical/etc (and often it really is), and implies this is typical behavior of the party.
2. Posters from the offending party immediately reply with "your side did it too!" followed by a link to something that may or may not be somewhat related.
3. Posters from OP's party comes back with either "two wrongs don't make a right" or something along those lines.
4. Neither side admits wrongdoing from their own, and the thread dies.

I think we've all been guilty of one or two of these points, but few will admit this formula is exactly the same from both sides of the fence - and very few will either defend the opposite side or condemn their own. The blind partisanship here is not only annoying and counter-productive, but also somewhat amusing to us who aren't party-blind. Just a few observations, now carry on with pretending the other side is soooo much worse than yours.

LOL. So true.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:32 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And before anyone asks, I do think this act was inappropriate and offensive - but I said the same about similar acts related to Bush (I wasn't a fan of his, but would never condone burning him in effigy).
Not sure which is worse, that you apparently see no difference, or the fact that some do makes you feel morally superior...?

Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
obama is a traitor to our country. If you don't like lynching, then lets go for a firing squad...
You should be reported to the authorities for advocating killing the president.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Not sure which is worse, that you apparently see no difference, or the fact that some do makes you feel morally superior...?
You know what they say about assuming, right? I do see a difference, I just don't have the energy or patience to explain why - especially since you know darned well what the responses would be! Something like "what about Bush being called a monkey," while feigning ignorance over the implications of calling Obama the same. It's played out, and not worth the trouble.

My point was just that these threads are predictable, even if the OP (or responses) have a valid point. Following me now?

Old 09-20-2012, 08:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It is soooo easy to out these hypocritical posters. They are outside setting fire to Bush or Palin's effigy while whining and moaning about someone doing THE EXACT SAME THING to an Obama effigy. Their hypocrisy is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

I swear, the next time some liberal freak tells me that "Bush lied" I am going to slap them silly considering all of Obama's whoppers. I can only take so much hypocritical BS before I snap.
How the H**L do you know that this particular poster did the above? Some of us really don't like this crap, from either side.

And anyone who suggests killing the president deserves to be banned permanently!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
My goodness....this unknown reporter/blogger....hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yea, talk about throwing things at the wall and hoping they stick....
Yeah like some stupid lefties didn't do this then scream outrage. This is beyond pathetic.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Ok just wait a minute, being on this forum, and expressing our feelings and opinions is not the same as what idiots do who do acts as this.

And no it is not ok, when anybody or any side is doing it.

Both sides have loons, we all know this, but things as this are wrong, but there is a lot wrong with politics in general.

These acts past and present have been commited by idiots, people who think that violence helps a situtaion, and no it does not.

I don't like Obama, never have never will as my President. Does not mean i want to see harm done to him or his family, when people take their obsessions to another level, they have a problem, as these idiots do.

And question, if these acts were addressed towards Bush, how many of you would be LYAO, and you know you would! Would not bother you in the least, i remember very well.

This is sick and disgusting.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:25 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Is it really not enough to simply disagree politically? Do we really need to emulate lynching? This is absurd and offensive.

Empty chair 'lynchings': Anti-Obama protests gone too far? - U.S. News

did you also say the same when people were burning bush in effigee? somehow i didnt think so. so much the hypocracy of the left and the right both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections