U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-20-2012, 05:17 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,570,031 times
Reputation: 5930

Advertisements

Interesting article on Mormon Romney and the White Horse Prophecy in Salon.com.


From the article:


""""" 1970.......the Cougar Club — the all male, all white social club at Brigham Young University in Salt Lake City (blacks were excluded from full membership in the Mormon church until 1978) — was humming with talk that its president, Mitt Romney, would become the first Mormon president of the United States. “If not Mitt, then who?” was the ubiquitous slogan within the elite organization. The pious world of BYU was expected to spawn the man who would lead the Mormons into the White House and fulfill the prophecies of the church’s founder, Joseph Smith Jr., which Romney has avidly sought to realize.""""



....the White Horse Prophecy...or the Mormon White House Prophecy? Scary how religious freaks are trying to take over the US...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-20-2012, 06:36 PM
 
Location: west mich
5,740 posts, read 5,871,097 times
Reputation: 2120
Mitt was the "miracle child" in his family, and perhaps believes he is ordained to the presidency. This could explain his evasiveness and vagueness on issues - thinking he will be "guided" by God once in office. I heard this in another opinion, and it makes some sense. It's early - stay tuned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 06:44 PM
 
Location: Salt Lake City
21,968 posts, read 22,141,102 times
Reputation: 10709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Interesting article on Mormon Romney and the White Horse Prophecy in Salon.com.


From the article:


""""" 1970.......the Cougar Club — the all male, all white social club at Brigham Young University in Salt Lake City (blacks were excluded from full membership in the Mormon church until 1978) — was humming with talk that its president, Mitt Romney, would become the first Mormon president of the United States. “If not Mitt, then who?” was the ubiquitous slogan within the elite organization. The pious world of BYU was expected to spawn the man who would lead the Mormons into the White House and fulfill the prophecies of the church’s founder, Joseph Smith Jr., which Romney has avidly sought to realize.""""



....the White Horse Prophecy...or the Mormon White House Prophecy? Scary how religious freaks are trying to take over the US...
Much ado about nothing, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 09:29 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,570,031 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Much ado about nothing, really.
Oh, really?

A Presidential candidate that belonged to a white's only club?

A Presidential candidate that belongs to some whacko religious cult?


A Presidential candidate who believes God said he was "special" so he has no sense of personal responsibility?


I think it's quite a bit of something....and nothing good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Status: "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" (set 21 days ago)
 
11,385 posts, read 5,970,904 times
Reputation: 3599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh, really?

A Presidential candidate that belonged to a white's only club?

A Presidential candidate that belongs to some whacko religious cult?


A Presidential candidate who believes God said he was "special" so he has no sense of personal responsibility?


I think it's quite a bit of something....and nothing good!
We have plenty of members of congress that belong to a black's only club.
Congressional Black Caucus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Racism is wrong on both sides of the color barrier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 09:44 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,570,031 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
We have plenty of members of congress that belong to a black's only club.
Congressional Black Caucus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Racism is wrong on both sides of the color barrier.
But it's OK with you if it's YOUR candidate for president????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Status: "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" (set 21 days ago)
 
11,385 posts, read 5,970,904 times
Reputation: 3599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
But it's OK with you if it's YOUR candidate for president????
Gary Johnson does not belong to any racist or segregationist clubs.

Notice I said it is wrong on BOTH sides, that means Romney AND the CBC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Texas State Fair
8,566 posts, read 9,673,913 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?!
Interesting article on Mormon Romney and the White Horse Prophecy in Salon.com.


From the article:


""""" 1970.......the Cougar Club — the all male, all white social club at Brigham Young University in Salt Lake City (blacks were excluded from full membership in the Mormon church until 1978) — was humming with talk that its president, Mitt Romney, would become the first Mormon president of the United States. “If not Mitt, then who?” was the ubiquitous slogan within the elite organization. The pious world of BYU was expected to spawn the man who would lead the Mormons into the White House and fulfill the prophecies of the church’s founder, Joseph Smith Jr., which Romney has avidly sought to realize.""""



....the White Horse Prophecy...or the Mormon White House Prophecy? Scary how religious freaks are trying to take over the US...
I pray to the White Horse every night that it won't be Harry Reid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 10:27 PM
 
Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,595,708 times
Reputation: 5919
I wonder, were they thinking White Horse or Trojan Horse..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,508 posts, read 14,403,478 times
Reputation: 15901
The White Horse prophecy, which says a Mormon will ride in when the Constitution is frayed to a thin thread and will save the nation, has been called spurious by the church's highest officials. But Leon Skousen, an extreme right Constitutionalist who often cited it, used it for decades in his classes, which had a mostly LDS attendance. Skousen was denounced long before he finally tipped over toes up, but his teaching still resonate within the church.

The prophecy is especially used with the conservative splinter polygamous groups that break away from the mainstream church. These small groups are sometimes very violent, and they use it to justify killing other members from time to time.

To use it for politics is about as toxic as arsenic for mainstream LDS these days. It's part of the past that they are trying hard to purge now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:52 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top