Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 07:56 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times

Advertisements

I don't think Oblama's going to win. But if he does, no big deal. I'm looking forward to giving him and his followers the same treatment they gave George Bush in his second term all the way up to today.

No matter what Obama ever does, or what anyone does after him, he and his followers will be responsible for ruining America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 07:58 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Obama is simply doing better because he's running a better campaign. The national debt and structural problems of the economy and government are not solely Obama's fault. It's a culmination of decades of policy choices. Romney is just running on Obama is bad, so pick me. Voters don't seem to be buying it.
Idiots don't seem to be buying it, but they're the same people who gave us this incompetent twit Obooba in the first place.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:59 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I don't think Oblama's going to win. But if he does, no big deal. I'm looking forward to giving him and his followers the same treatment they gave George Bush in his second term all the way up to today.

No matter what Obama ever does, or what anyone does after him, he and his followers will be responsible for ruining America.
I like your positive outlook on life.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:01 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,452,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
It's not so much that Obama is running a great campaign, it's that Romney is running a horrible one.

Let's be honest, if Papa Bush, Nixon, or St. Reagan were running, they would win this election by a big margin.

Romney is not built for this.
Perhaps so, although throughout this, isn't that really "the elephant in the room" (pardon the pun) nobody mentions? That the GOP never really had anyone (or anything) to offer in the first place... it was all built on the premise that, "if the economy simply fails enuff, then anybody but Obama will win"!!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:03 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,375 times
Quote:
Idiots don't seem to be buying it, but they're the same people who gave us this incompetent twit Obooba in the first place.
Yeah...

Old 09-20-2012, 08:05 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,394 times
Quote:

Hilarious!

The clown who started this thread wants us all to think he doesn't care if Obama wins:
COUNTDOWN THREAD: Obama Gets Fired in 209 Days!

"I don't think Oblama's going to win. But if he does, no big deal."

TRANSLATION:
"Darn! Obama's going to win! I better start insisting that I couldn't possibly care less!"

Old 09-20-2012, 08:07 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,353,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
As long as Mitt is repeating "you didn't build that" Reps have no right whatsoever to complain about out of context statements.
touché

Old 09-20-2012, 08:10 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,802 times
Yes Obama is doing a good job at keeping the subject away from the economy. His lack of attention to the safety of our embassies and the death of four Americans is very distracting indeed. His coverup about what really happened in Libya is also distracting.
I know three people who got laid off in the last two days. It will be difficult to distract them from the economy, and the other 23 million un and under employed.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,778 times
Quote:
Bush and repubs were always corporate media darlings. Who called them out on their part in 9-11 or anything else? Except for the "upstart" MSNBC - nobody!
Even today, right-wingers are the pampered stars of Sunday morning mainstream TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Yes Obama is doing a good job at keeping the subject away from the economy. His lack of attention to the safety of our embassies and the death of four Americans is very distracting indeed. His coverup about what really happened in Libya is also distracting.
I know three people who got laid off in the last two days. It will be difficult to distract them from the economy, and the other 23 million un and under employed.
Relying on innuendo to make points is a sign of desperation.
And three people you know got laid off because of Obama? Yep, we need to return to the good old days of 2008.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:42 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
I think the Obama campaign believes most Americans are stupid and acts accordingly. Real issues are ignored and inconsequential distractions are the order of the day. I said early on Romney is going to have to be tough and get into the gutter with Obamas Chicago thugs. Not sure he can do it he's too much of a gentleman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Namely one distraction and diversion after another. An endless series of dumbed-down mini-controversies tailor-made for MSM trolls.

• A demand by a 30-year-old law student for legislation that would require others to pay for her birth control somehow morphs into a 'war on women.'

•The brouhaha over Romneys tax returns.

•The sudden immaculate conversion on gay marriage from Pres. Obama.

•The controversy over Paul Ryan's marathon time.

•Other mini-controversies too numerous to list, such as Romney's comments about the Olympics, Ann Romney's horse, Romney's comments about the terrorist attack in Libya, etc.

•The latest, of course, namely Romney's questioning of where we are going with 47% of tax filers paying zero taxes. Even the WaPo thinks this is a tempest in a tea-pot:
Romney’s ’47 percent’ comment and the importance of the echo chamber

It's a smart campaign, no doubt, when you've got 8.3 percent uemployment, fewer jobs than in 2009, black unemployment thru the roof, median household income down by 5%, $16 trillion in debt, gas prices more than doubled, and one in six Americans or thereabouts on food stamps. And the area surrounding Washington DC now the richest region (by household income) in the nation, surpassing Silicon Valley.

Credit where credit is due...well done, Team Obama; gotta hand it to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections