Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:00 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Go read the plan or stop posting nonsense to me. Nothing changes if your over 50 unless of course you want it to. Try again.
So you're saying Ryan doesn't want vouchers for seniors? You know what, even my dad knows he gets screwed by them. And this affects him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 10:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Last time I'm gonna tell you to go read his plan. I don't know why you won't. Probably because your afraid of what you will read and it won't jibe with all your nonsense you've been fed. Your choice.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:14 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Last time I'm gonna tell you to go read his plan. I don't know why you won't. Probably because your afraid of what you will read and it won't jibe with all your nonsense you've been fed. Your choice.
Don't just pick up your marbles and go home, what will we do without you?

Old 09-22-2012, 10:15 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
I've heard his speeches and it's about vouchers for seniors. Am I right or wrong?

Old 09-22-2012, 10:35 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think seniors are the most educated demographic in this election so they don't need educating Just because they are old does not mean they are not well informed. And they were definitely booing Ryan because they don't want a voucher system.

Is that you Jeane Dixon?

I heard you were clairvoyant, but I didn't know you could instantly read the minds of large groups.

That sure is some talent you have there swami.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
I've heard his speeches and it's about vouchers for seniors. Am I right or wrong?
"Current beneficiaries and those age 55 and older would see no changes in the way the program works for them. Future entrants, however, would be entitled to a premium support payment which they would direct to the plan of their choice. They could choose to enroll in a private insurance option, or the government-administered fee-for-service program. The government's premium support payment would be the same regardless of the choices beneficiaries made. Thus, if a beneficiary chose a low-cost, high-value plan, his out-of-pocket premium would be low or perhaps zero. Beneficiaries electing to enroll in expensive plans would have to pay the added costs themselves."

Paul Ryan's Medicare Plan Harnesses Consumer Power in Healthcare | Debate Club | US News Opinion

Or go here..........

Medicare | U.S. Congressman Paul Ryan

Easy enough?

Old 09-22-2012, 10:44 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
Well thankfully Ryan ended any chance in the future of ever being president after He and Romney get sent packing after they get their azzes handed to them Nov 6th. I am not sure he will be able to hold his house seat

Gallup says otherwise.

No sitting president has ever won a second term with a Gallup presidential job approval rating below 52% on election day.

Since Bummer seems forever stuck between about 43 and 47 percent, he'll lose.

Since no sitting president has ever won reelection with official unemployment above 7.2% on election day, he'll lose.

You have to have something that you can claim as a success to get a second go-round.

Obama has no such achievements.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Another thing if your so damn upset about folks getting put on vouchers like all the other Obama folks are why aren't you screaming about this................

"In his convention speech in Charlotte, President Obama vowed to block the Republican Medicare reform plan because “no American should ever have to spend their golden years at the mercy of insurance companies.” But back in Washington, his Health and Human Services Department is launching a pilot program that would shift up to 2 million of the poorest and most-vulnerable seniors out of the federal Medicare program and into private health insurance plans overseen by the states.
The administration has accepted applications from 18 states to participate in the program, which would give states money to purchase managed-care plans for people who are either disabled or poor enough to qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid. HHS approved the first state plan, one for Massachusetts, last month."

I guess if Obama does it it's ok with you? Some of you folks are so lost it's scary.

Obama More Flexible on Medicare Than Rhetoric Suggests - NationalJournal.com

Old 09-23-2012, 04:42 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,471 times
"booed off stage"

another lying democrat

Old 09-23-2012, 05:55 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
What this seems to mean also is that the tide has turned on the ACA. The Dems lost in 2010 mainly because seniors were scared by the 'death panels' propaganda against the ACA. Ryan was banking that seniors still opposed the ACA and was expecting cheers. The fact that he received boos means that seniors are now favorable on the ACA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections