Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 01:56 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Many of our job creators are like unicorns, they’re impossible to find and don’t exist. That’s because only a tiny fraction of people making more than a million dollars, probably less than one percent, are actually small business owners and only a tiny fraction of that tiny fraction is a traditional job creator.

I don't think Obama supporters left any group untouched.

Harry Reid is using religion to try to prove political points.

Politics and politicians are a disgrace.

This is yet another attempt to keep our attention of Obama's record and demonize Romney. This country is being wrecked because of this. Harry Reid needs to retract and Americans need to wake up to how discussing this election year is.

I believe Harry is a puke...but it's because he is doing Obama's dirty work. At least Romney doesn't lie about what his religion is....Obama can't even tell us the truth. I really hope democrats and repub. call him out...the worst part is Harry is a Mormon-this is why he doesn't release his tax returns...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 02:44 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Harry Reid is also a Mormon.

"Judge Mitt Romney as you will, and vote for or against him as you will; but do not judge Mormonism on the basis of the Mitt Romney that was unveiled to the public this week," Prince wrote. "He is not the face of Mormonism."
Reid, on the conference call, said, "I agree with him."
Good response.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:26 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Why does Harry Reid or should I say what does Harry Reid stand to gain if Obama wins. First he lied when he said Romney didn't pay any taxes and now he attacks Romney over religion.

Harry Reid is a mormon. This reminds me when it was not good to be Catholic and a very popular democratic president, Jonh F Kennedy who was Catholic was elected.

As Senate Majority Leader and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Harry Reid has achieved a more senior elected position in the United States government than any Mormon in history.

Harry Reid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Harry Reid is a scoundrel.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:27 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The bottom line is that there is no "face of Mormonism" any more than there is a "face of Catholicism" or a "face of Judaism"; there are 14.5 million faces of Mormonism. Mitt Romney is one of those faces; Harry Reid is another.

Couldn't have said it better.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:33 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Couldn't have said it better.

Exactly, think most same people already know this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then? wellllllllllll

I think that Harry Reid, is more the Dirty Harry!

Old 09-25-2012, 03:34 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Why does Harry Reid or should I say what does Harry Reid stand to gain if Obama wins. First he lied when he said Romney didn't pay any taxes and now he attacks Romney over religion.

Harry Reid is a mormon. This reminds me when it was not good to be Catholic and a very popular democratic president, Jonh F Kennedy who was Catholic was elected.

As Senate Majority Leader and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Harry Reid has achieved a more senior elected position in the United States government than any Mormon in history.

Harry Reid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As you are well aware Romney didn't supply the tax returns needed so as of now Reid didn't lie. Why doesn't Romney prove that Reid lied?

Old 09-25-2012, 04:14 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
A Presidential candidate who believes Indians are descended from Jews, and that if they join the Mormon church their skin will become "white and delightsome"?!!

That makes about as much sense as "Believe in America" as a slogan.... while he banks offshore!

Except for the fact that he's a mormon criticizing another mormon, Harry Reid's comments would normally be no different than any other criticisms of Romney. Otherwise, whenever Mitt's obviously conflicting values and hypocrisy are brought into question, Romney supporters will always continue to hide behind the usual screams of "mormon-bashing!"

Old 09-25-2012, 04:20 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
I heard a few people say that there was a time that Reid was actually a good, decent man. Wonder what happened to him. Every other thing out of his mouth is a lie, vile, mean, or just plain stupid.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:29 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Mitt Romney “is not the face of Mormonism,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says, adding the former Massachusetts governor has “sullied” his faith.

“He’s coming to a state where there are a lot of members of the LDS Church,” Reid said in advance of Romney’s visit later this week to Nevada, according to the Salt Lake Tribune on Monday, based on a Friday conference call Reid did with reporters. “They understand that he is not the face of Mormonism.”

Read more: Harry Reid attacks Mitt Romney
You understand Harry Reid is a Mormon right?

And you understand so called Christians in Congress are constantly questioning Obama's Christianity right?

Old 09-25-2012, 04:52 PM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
A Presidential candidate who believes Indians are descended from Jews, and that if they join the Mormon church their skin will become "white and delightsome"?!!
Which one would that be, 'cause it's definitely not Romney.

Quote:
Otherwise, whenever Mitt's obviously conflicting values and hypocrisy are brought into question, Romney supporters will always continue to hide behind the usual screams of "mormon-bashing!"
Only when the description "Mormon bashing" actually applies. As a Mormon who is planning to vote for Obama, I don't really care if you criticize Romney's politics. That's what a political campaign is supposed to be about. Criticize his religious beliefs, and you can count on me to call you on it -- particularly when you know next to nothing about Mormonism, and what little you do know is gleaned from anti-Mormon websites. FYI, there are millions of Mormons today whose skin is not even close to being "white," and nobody is expecting some kind of a miraculous change, least of all their fellow Mormons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections