Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:26 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,330,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The impact of the video can be seen on polling numbers taken right after his video was released. It shows a dramatic increase in voters for Pres. Obama in key swing states. I think I hear the fat lady warming up.
Pretty sad when an inarticulate sentence captured by hidden camara means more to people than Obama's actual lack of leadership expressed in full view everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 01:27 PM

14,366 posts, read 9,744,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I will take that bet. What are the stakes?
The loser has to post a youtube video announcing he was wrong.

"This is HotAir from CityData forums, and I was wrong"

Old 09-26-2012, 01:30 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,910,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Yep, he's dead in the water and stands no chance. Why bother voting
You are absolutely right. You should stay home if you are just voting for Willard.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:31 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,910,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The loser has to post a youtube video announcing he was wrong.

"This is HotAir from CityData forums, and I was wrong"
That is fine with me, except it won't be me making the video.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:34 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,489,645 times
In the next few weeks more Americans will start to pay attention to the
upcoming election, and with this in mind, IMO, ACCOUNTABILITY, The Economy
and now Foreign Policy will be three key factors.

One other thing to consider will be if some media outlets will continue
to show their love for Barack Hussein Obama or get back to professional
journalism

Barack Hussein Obama's character and policies will dictated his fate, constantly
pointing fingers, promoting entitlement mentality and his narcissism are a clear
danger to our country.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:34 PM

68,282 posts, read 54,070,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
Pretty sad when an inarticulate sentence captured by hidden camara means more to people than Obama's actual lack of leadership expressed in full view everyday.
But you have no problems with Willard's lack of solutions, displayed every day?

Old 09-26-2012, 01:36 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,288,771 times
Wishful thinking aside, it can't be denied that the trends have favored Obama the past week. Even Gallup tracking, which has showed about a 1-2 pt race for some time, has Obama up 6 today. (Rasmussen tracking still has it tied, however).

But anyway, if is due to the 47% video, that's a sad commentary. Those remarks, while a little sloppily expressed, brought up an important and little-discussed point. The 47% number (pct of tax filers who pay zero or negative federal income tax) has more than doubled since 1990, with little or no notice. The number was pretty stable at around 20% from 1950-1990. After 1990 it started to climb, continuing to it's current peak of 47% (and will likely be higher next year).

So we've got a tax system now where the top 10% carry 70% of the burden, the 47-90 percentile carrys 30%, and the bottom 47% carry zero. That's a ridiculously unstable structure. Unstable things tend to bring about collapse.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:37 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,330,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
But you have no problems with Willard's lack of solutions, displayed every day?
Yes...I have a huge problem with his messaging...which is why I think he's not doing better.

He's a lesser of two evils choice for me. You won't see me out there campaigning for him.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:37 PM

68,282 posts, read 54,070,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Barack Hussein Obama's character and policies will dictated his fate, constantly
pointing fingers, promoting entitlement mentality and his narcissism are a clear
danger to our country.
As Wilard's lack of character will dictate his fate. He's a spoiled little pissanrt who's all RAH!-RAH! for wars just as long as he needn't dirty his hands. Along with his knee-jerk willingbess to continue funneling corporate welfare $$$ to the MIC he certainly offers no improvement from Obama.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,995,778 times
I actually think that Romney would have had a decent chance IF he and his advisors had realized that their anachronistic views of social issues are no longer representative of the majority of Americans. Sure, there are still some people left who desperately cling to the values of a time gone by, but younger generations are no longer willing to okay policies that deliberately disenfranchise some of their fellow Americans.

The more to the right the Romney campaign moved, the less viable Romney was as a candidate.

Add to that the problem that many Americans can doubt that Romney can possibly relate to their struggles and fears, and you have a tremendous problem on your hands.

I, too, find it doubtful that Romney really stands a chance, but I am willing to wait and not make any predictions just yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections