Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:44 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,350,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How is someone hellbent on cutting anything that benefits people while also being hellbent on throwing more $$$ at an already bloated DoD as well as seeming predisposed to another useless war of choice figure to be an improvement?
Your premise is false. He is not hellbent on cutting everything...in fact, he hasn't proposed enough cuts to properly attack the deficit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 01:46 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Such as?

Ordering the OBL mission?

Passing healthcare?

Winding down the Iraq war?

What has Willard done in the past beside choosing church over country?
Ordering the OBL mission? - Any Prez would have done this
Passing healthcare? - When the overwhelming majority didn't want it and nobody read it before they passed it. Yeah, that's a good one there
Winding down the Iraq war? - GWB set that time table with the Iraqis

What has Willard done in the past beside choosing church over country? - He was a Governor, he was a CEO of a REAL job.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:47 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,586,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Keep in mind most of those 47% pay local and state taxes and federal FICA taxes. Ship millions of jobs overseas and this is the result, the big elephant in the room no party wants to talk about. Someone tell Tom Freidman.
Keep in mind that those state and local taxes mean nothing on the federal level so it's a completely stupid argument to bring to the table, and anything they pay in FICA is more than refunded to them.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:47 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Wishful thinking aside, it can't be denied that the trends have favored Obama the past week. Even Gallup tracking, which has showed about a 1-2 pt race for some time, has Obama up 6 today. (Rasmussen tracking still has it tied, however).

But anyway, if is due to the 47% video, that's a sad commentary. Those remarks, while a little sloppily expressed, brought up an important and little-discussed point. The 47% number (pct of tax filers who pay zero or negative federal income tax) has more than doubled since 1990, with little or no notice. The number was pretty stable at around 20% from 1950-1990. After 1990 it started to climb, continuing to it's current peak of 47% (and will likely be higher next year).

So we've got a tax system now where the top 10% carry 70% of the burden, the 47-90 percentile carrys 30%, and the bottom 47% carry zero. That's a ridiculously unstable structure. Unstable things tend to bring about collapse.
Yep and who will suffer the MOST in a collapse...

Anyone whose life depends on social welfare safety nets.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:48 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
Quote:
As Wilard's lack of character will dictate his fate. He's a spoiled little pissanrt who's all RAH!-RAH! for wars just as long as he needn't dirty his hands. Along with his knee-jerk willingbess to continue funneling corporate welfare $$$ to the MIC he certainly offers no improvement from Obama.
Quotes from Barack Hussein Obama during the 2008 campaign

"I promise 100% transparency in my administration."

"I promise NO NEW TAXES on a family making less than $250K a year."

"I will allow 5 days of public comment before I sign any bills."

"I will remove earmarks for PORK projects before I sign any bill."

"I will end Income Tax for seniors making less than $50K a year"

"I'll put the Health Care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone can see who is at the table!"

"I'll have no lobbyists in my administration"

HE just lies and there is no way to deflect that, This is why the left only gets a brief bit of power and then the country snaps back to reality and votes in a moderate or conservative and just plain common sense.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:48 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
Your premise is false. He is not hellbent on cutting everything...in fact, he hasn't proposed enough cuts to properly attack the deficit.
He sure as hell hasn't proposed cutting the corporate welfare to the MIC. One of the speeches I heard was I believe to the NAACP where he spoke of looking for/cutting waste in a multitude of social programs while saying NOT ONE WORD about looking for/cutting waste in defense spending, just MORE! MORE! MORE!

That's no improvement over Obama IMO.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:50 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Quotes from Barack Hussein Obama during the 2008 campaign

"I promise 100% transparency in my administration."

"I promise NO NEW TAXES on a family making less than $250K a year."

"I will allow 5 days of public comment before I sign any bills."

"I will remove earmarks for PORK projects before I sign any bill."

"I will end Income Tax for seniors making less than $50K a year"

"I'll put the Health Care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone can see who is at the table!"

"I'll have no lobbyists in my administration"

HE just lies and there is no way to deflect that, This is why the left only gets a brief bit of power and then the country snaps back to reality and votes in a moderate or conservative and just plain common sense.
Having trouble understanding the topic?

WHAT does Willard offer but an empty suit?

Obama's certainly no prize but Willard?

NOPE!

Old 09-26-2012, 01:51 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Yep, he's dead in the water and stands no chance. Why bother voting
Yeah.....I think all the Repubs should stay home. That should counterbalance the efforts y'all have made to disenfranchise potential Dem voters via trickery, chicanery and other vile means.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:53 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The impact of the video can be seen on polling numbers taken right after his video was released. It shows a dramatic increase in voters for Pres. Obama in key swing states. I think I hear the fat lady warming up.
We know the polling numbers are bogus ... just like we know the mainstream media is in the tank with Obama and will say anything to make people think he will win ... but its all lies just like what's coming from the Obama administration.

The election will be a landslide for Romney just like the 2010 election where the mainstream media said the democrats would win most of the contests ... but that was a lie and the election was a landslide for the republican's.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:54 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,586,370 times
Quote:
Such as?

Ordering the OBL mission?
That's like being at a baseball game and a foul ball comes right at your hand. Anyone would make the go to catch it. You're claiming that just because he had the luck to be in the seat when it happened that he should get some sort of great credit for it?

Quote:
Passing healthcare?
Actually, yes. Given that "passing healthcare" specifically translates to "allowing the health insurance companies to, literally, charge ANYTHING THEY LIKE for coverage and not having to worry about it, because everybody will be legally obligated to buy it from them no matter what it costs". Great example you provided there.

Quote:
Winding down the Iraq war?
W created that timeline. And lest we forget that Obama merely shifted the troops over to Afghanistan.

Quote:
What has Willard done in the past beside choosing church over country?
Deflection argument. Not relevant. The topic is what displays Obama has put forth to show he's not fit for the office. Sometimes one has to take a mulligan. If 4 years of an empty suit that can't be any worse than what we already have is the alternative to 4 more years of what we've been given so far, then so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections