Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:26 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times

Advertisements

The GOP---the same ones who won't accept the isolated, rogue workers at ACORN---will now claim their voter fraud registration ring was the work of isolated, rogue workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 09:26 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
You also cannot show up if your voter registration form was materially altered or destroyed.

Fraud is fraud.
Yes, you can not show up, which is why its not voter fraud, its registration fraud, but registration fraud doesnt affect the outcomes of elections.

And no one is supporting this action or defending it.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:27 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The GOP---the same ones who won't accept the isolated, rogue workers at ACORN---will now claim their voter fraud ring was the work of isolated, rogue workers.
"Isolated rogue workers" that they were paying 3.1 million dollars and had a contract with until this story broke yesterday.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
The GOP---the same ones who won't accept the isolated, rogue workers at ACORN---will now claim their voter fraud ring was the work of isolated, rogue workers.
The individual in question was being paid by the GOP and was fired, ACORN, was being paid for by taxpayers.

Obviously neither one is acceptable, but to pretend they are the same is dumb.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:29 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes, you can not show up, which is why its not voter fraud, its registration fraud, but registration fraud doesnt affect the outcomes of elections.

Neo-cons didn't accept that argument when it was a few ACORN workers fraudulently registering people so why should Democrats accept that argument now? You painted with a broad brush back then so expect a broad brush applied to this scandal as well.

Quote:
The individual in question was being paid by the GOP and was fired, ACORN, was being paid for by taxpayers.

Obviously neither one is acceptable, but to pretend they are the same is dumb.
The worker in the tape that has been circulating in the news clearly said she was being paid by the county clerk's office---tax payers money---AND the GOP both.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Neo-cons didn't accept that argument when it was a few ACORN workers fraudulently registering people so why should Democrats accept that argument now?
Lie, registration fraud is wrong as well, which is why the guy was fired as he should have been. Or do you think its ok when ACORN did it, but now the guy should be hung up and strung from a rope used as an example because its wrong?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Lie, registration fraud is wrong as well, which is why the guy was fired as he should have been. Or do you think its ok when ACORN did it, but now the guy should be hung up and strung from a rope used as an example because its wrong?
If you read the story. It is likely that they were even lying about the 1 guy thing. They claimed it was one person in 1 county, but Florida elections investigators have found a couple hundred irregularities in 8 counties and that is assuming the company was turning in registrations and not destroying them the guy running the operation apparently has a history of doing. Once more there might be irregularities in other states as well.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
The worker in the tape that has been circulating in the news clearly said she was being paid by the county clerk's office---tax payers money---AND the GOP both.
The GOP is NOT taxpayer money, if they are being paid by the count clerks, then thats an issue the county clerk needs to take up, just like when ACORN was being paid by Congress, Congress took it up.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:

Yes it does. If I register to vote with a group and that group destroys my registration or alters it so that it is invalid. When I show up on election day I cannot vote because I am not registered. There is almost nothing I can do unless the state has same day registration, which Republicans have been trying to get rid (ironically because of fraud).

Fraud is fraud and it most certainly affects the outcomes of elections.

Additionally the overwhelming majority of fraud is absentee ballot fraud and registration fraud. In person fraud is almost non existent, but as the article suggests the other types of fraud benefit the GOP so they don't want to regulate them.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Yes it does. If I register to vote with a group and that group destroys my registration or alters it so that it is invalid. When I show up on election day I cannot vote because I am not registered. There is almost nothing I can do unless the state has same day registration, which Republicans have been trying to get rid (ironically because of fraud).

Fraud is fraud and it most certainly affects the outcomes of elections.

Additionally the overwhelming majority of fraud is absentee ballot fraud and registration fraud. In person fraud is almost non existent, but as the article suggests the other types of fraud benefit the GOP so they don't want to regulate them.
The accusations are not that they are being destroyed, the accusations are that they are creating registrations from dead people.

They get paid per registration, thus there is no incentive to destroy them.

This is a duplicate thread from GOP firm accused of voter fraud for registering dead people

And dead people cant show up with photo ID, which is why photo ID will indeed make sure voter fraud wouldnt happen, in this case as well.

oh and btw, it was DEMOCRATS who started the voter ID movement, in NJ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections