Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 12:45 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chit chatter View Post
This early voting process is crazy. I think there should be a law that says no one should be allowed to vote until after the Presidential Debates. People should have to see the two men standing right next to each other and debating their records and philosophies and let the public see the two men together and see who is best.

I understand no one has seen the two of them together ever and they may have never met.
I could vote today. It would still be the same vote as in November. I saw Obama's dismal performance coming in 2008, and it's turned out worse than I could ever have imagined. Don't need a debate to tell me that 4 more years of the same would be a disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 01:14 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,380 times
I am with that 47% that isnt voting for Romney. Yep, Mr. Romney I am that woman that worked 2 jobs while in school and received assistance from the government to do my undergrad. And I am that woman that is working very hard to finish grad school and while doing so I am with that group that you feel are victims because we are working hard to better our lives. And yes I am with that percentage that doesnt need to hear you debate because you have been trying to be President since 2004, and No one knows you any better now than they did then. You will never be President of the United States. Just face the fact....No one likes you, not even your party supports you.

I dont understand how Romney can think like that. How insulting to America for him to have the audacity to make such comments. And he is on corporate Welfare, Ann Romney is the new Welfare mom... Mitt is the face of corporate welfare..pathetic Romney should try to run for President of Mexico. He would fit right in with the corruption down there. sin ánimo de ofender to my chicanos out there Mitt Romney is a Pimp--he has been Pimping the American people for years and stashes his profit in foreign accounts. Mitt Romney for Pimp!! LOL

Old 09-28-2012, 01:52 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
This early voting process is crazy. I think there should be a law that says no one should be allowed to vote until after the Presidential Debates. People should have to see the two men standing right next to each other and debating their records and philosophies and let the public see the two men together and see who is best.

I understand no one has seen the two of them together ever and they may have never met.
You don't have to vote early just like you don't have to watch the debates. If people want to vote early that is good. Less craziness on election day.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:16 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,667 times
Quote:

In most elections, I would agree with you but not with this one. I think the American people who are paying attention to politics know exactly where these two guys stand and not much is gonna change by listening to them hash out their views in a debate.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:42 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
I guess all those folks with Romney signs in their yards should put them away until after the debates? Because they would be foolish to make up their mind before the debate.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Just a guess, but I bet the news that Obama is crushing Romney in the Iowa early voting was the motivation for this thread.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:06 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Listening to sound bites selected by Obama's main stream media? Why not hear it right from the horses mouth, even though the moderators are all Obama supporters.
IDK, I think many people did hear the video of Romney (the horses mouth or other end) and have already decided who to vote for.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:10 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I guess all those folks with Romney signs in their yards should put them away until after the debates? Because they would be foolish to make up their mind before the debate.
Come to think of it I haven't seen one sign around here.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:07 PM

37,167 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:

If they've never been seen together they might be the same person...

Old 09-29-2012, 12:42 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
They are pushing internet and mail in also. CA is apparently making some districts into mail-in districts. It's all a big corporate machine. All of it they can use to manipulate the outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections