U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:22 PM

14,587 posts, read 8,153,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
IMO, CEOs in this country are the closest thing we have to dictators. And that's what Romney's experience is, a CEO. I think he is very comfortable with and accustomed to giving orders and people jumping. I think this campaign is "undoing" him because he can't get away with just giving the orders. People don't just "jump" when he says to do so. It must be hard for him to have to answer questions and answer for how he's running the campaign. I would think for his entire adult life he has been "the boss" and now he's not "the boss" in this campaign game. His "CEO style" just makes me more convinced that he is ALL WRONG for the Presidency.
I agree! I think part of that is why he has such a bad campaign because they tell him to do something and he decides that he knows better and does something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I am going to do early voting for Obama, but i am really going to be praying for the Romneys. See all the money in the world doesnt bring you success and happiness. We are witnessing that today with the Romney house hold. One minute you think you are on top of the world and then next minute you have your own party telling you Elmer Fudge can do better than you (i heard Rush Limbaugh saying that) He has NO chemistry with his running mate, its obvious, so all he has is money which isnt working for him especially now, and a wife who loves him very much, but is telling in code to the world Please dont vote for my husband into office. He cant handle it and she doesnt want to witness him crack anymore than he already has. Not only that she has MS and stress excerbates MS. This is too much for both of them, Mitt should exit stage left gracefully....
His ego is to big and he would see that and losing as a failure.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Well our President Barack Obama did well going through the process and getting better as he is getting closer to his 2nd term. Running for office isn't for wimps, and the Romneys should have known Mitt can't play with the grown men

Old 09-28-2012, 10:32 PM

2,106 posts, read 2,636,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Being President is even more stressful than running for the job, look at photos of Obama from 4 years ago and again today, happens to every President.
yes you are right every president ages.. i think mitt has aged too. i think the romneys will be happy when its over

Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 PM

10,115 posts, read 6,771,733 times
I'm not a Romney supporter at all, but I do try to be fair, and I'm going to defend Ann Romney here. I think what she said was a very unfortunate gaffe. I don't think it was a secret signal that Mitt is mentally ill, and it makes sense to me that you'd be worried about the stress if your spouse took on a job like the presidency. She could have said something like "my concern will be to make sure we give Mitt lots of support at home, because it's a huge job...yadda yadda yadda" but instead she made it sound like she was worried about his ability to handle it. I don't think that was what she intended.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:43 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,657,524 times
Quote:
Then why is the stress showing up on his face and his hair?

When you don't do your job or are incapable of doing a job, it takes it's toll in the long run and now I am not sure what all has been going on. It's getting curiouser and curiouser.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:50 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,941,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You have to actually show up and do the job for it to cause you any stress. When you goof off, play golf daily, go on numerous outlandish vacations paid for by the tax payer and don't really give a crap what happens to the country, it's not too hard on you. Fortunately, Obama is about to go on an extended vacation and we can't wait.
Of course George Bush NEVER took time off did he?

http://mashedpotatobulletin.com/2012...cation-record/

It is widely acknowledged that Barack Obama has taken far less vacation time than his predecessor.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:54 PM

1,982 posts, read 1,730,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You have to actually show up and do the job for it to cause you any stress. When you goof off, play golf daily, go on numerous outlandish vacations paid for by the tax payer and don't really give a crap what happens to the country, it's not too hard on you. Fortunately, Obama is about to go on an extended vacation and we can't wait.
Lie much?

Old 09-28-2012, 10:55 PM

14,365 posts, read 12,671,272 times
Quote:
IMO, CEOs in this country are the closest thing we have to dictators. And that's what Romney's experience is, a CEO. I think he is very comfortable with and accustomed to giving orders and people jumping. I think this campaign is "undoing" him because he can't get away with just giving the orders. People don't just "jump" when he says to do so. It must be hard for him to have to answer questions and answer for how he's running the campaign. I would think for his entire adult life he has been "the boss" and now he's not "the boss" in this campaign game. His "CEO style" just makes me more convinced that he is ALL WRONG for the Presidency.
I agree.

This is exactly why I knew Donald Trump was full of it when he was making noises about running.

The Donald would implode the first time congress didn't do what he told them to do.....and he couldn't fire them. LOL

Old 09-28-2012, 11:00 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,941,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm not a Romney supporter at all, but I do try to be fair, and I'm going to defend Ann Romney here. I think what she said was a very unfortunate gaffe. I don't think it was a secret signal that Mitt is mentally ill, and it makes sense to me that you'd be worried about the stress if your spouse took on a job like the presidency. She could have said something like "my concern will be to make sure we give Mitt lots of support at home, because it's a huge job...yadda yadda yadda" but instead she made it sound like she was worried about his ability to handle it. I don't think that was what she intended.
It seems that she is not being properly advised by the campaign co-ordinators - certain phrases such as "mental health" would be COMPLETELY taboo when referring to a presidential candidate - they should be vetting every word she utters in public and clearly they are not doing so. I really think she is in way over her head and so is Mitt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or