U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 PM

10,250 posts, read 5,222,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
To the detriment of our bank accounts.
You think Mittens is worried about your bank account? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 11:27 PM

2,608 posts, read 900,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You think Mittens is worried about your bank account? LOL
Your gonna love the Global UN carbon taxes aren't you???

Old 09-28-2012, 11:39 PM

7,419 posts, read 3,184,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Exactly! If he can't take the campaigning how would he be as President?
When he was governor of MA he didn't run for re-election. Now I'm beginning to wonder if the stress of the job was more than he could take and explains his not running again. Maybe that's why Ann Romney is worried about his mental health. That was really a strange thing for her to say!!!

Old 09-28-2012, 11:43 PM

1,851 posts, read 549,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
It seems that she is not being properly advised by the campaign co-ordinators - certain phrases such as "mental health" would be COMPLETELY taboo when referring to a presidential candidate - they should be vetting every word she utters in public and clearly they are not doing so. I really think she is in way over her head and so is Mitt.
I think they both are. Sadly, they don't even know what is wrong with some of the things they say.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:48 PM

10,250 posts, read 5,222,157 times
Quote:
Well Obama seems to have cracked. Any wife would worry.

This is Sal Alinsky tactics. They have been trying to bury the Romney's from day one. Alinsky rules for radicals. diminish your enemy then bury them.
Really? I don't see it. Care to elaborate?

Obama didn't jump to conclusions and fly off at the mouth without thinking over Libya.......that was Mittens.

BTW......burying the opposing candidate is kinda the point when you are running for political office, isn't it?

Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 AM

12,227 posts, read 11,119,787 times
Default Ann Romney is a laughable figure

Ann Romney is an inferior form of woman, just a low-class fluff with money. She is a symbol of the false sense of superiority that comes with the "unearned privilege."

What she needs to worry more about is, having that goon home after he is defeated, as he deals with the runs from those sour grapes. He's already in over his head, and floundering badly.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:26 AM

10,115 posts, read 3,403,843 times
Quote:
Well Obama seems to have cracked. Any wife would worry.

This is Sal Alinsky tactics. They have been trying to bury the Romney's from day one. Alinsky rules for radicals. diminish your enemy then bury them.
Oh Good Lord--could you be any sillier? I think campaigns have been around a whole lot longer than Saul Alinsky, and nothing's gone on in this campaign that isn't pretty typical. Besides, the goal of any campaign is to beat your opponent--get it? Romney's the one who's done a pretty decent job of burying himself--the democrats have pretty much been able to just sit back and watch his campaign implode from the center. You nuts can turn anything into some kind of vast conspiracy...

Last edited by mb1547; 09-29-2012 at 06:36 AM..

Old 09-29-2012, 06:32 AM

10,115 posts, read 3,403,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
It seems that she is not being properly advised by the campaign co-ordinators - certain phrases such as "mental health" would be COMPLETELY taboo when referring to a presidential candidate - they should be vetting every word she utters in public and clearly they are not doing so. I really think she is in way over her head and so is Mitt.
You're right, but regardless of what their advisers tell them, most candidates and their spouses have better political instincts to begin with than to say something like that. It's not like the Romney's are complete political newcomers--they've been through numerous campaigns and Romney was a governor. They should get it by now. As I said earlier, I think Ann Romney's comment was a gaffe vs. some insight into Mitt's character, but at the same time I think they are two of the most politically tone deaf people I've ever seen run for a major office. I've said from early on in the primary process that Mitt would get the nomination, but that he would be a disaster as a candidate, and here we are...

Old 09-29-2012, 07:57 AM

1,119 posts, read 553,665 times
Let her talk. Actually, she should be encouraged to talk ... Specially about Willard's mental health. Gotta love Ann....

Old 09-29-2012, 09:51 AM

7,419 posts, read 3,184,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Let her talk. Actually, she should be encouraged to talk ... Specially about Willard's mental health. Gotta love Ann....
I still can't get over her lack of political instincts. Her comment about worrying about Mitt's "mental well-being" should he get elected is red meat to his opponents. Had she said that during the primaries he wouldn't be the party's candidate today. Worrying about a presidential candidate's mental health is NOT a thought voters want to hear near finish line, and there is no way Mitt's supporters can put a positive spin on her statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections