U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 08:56 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,129,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I still can't get over her lack of political instincts. Her comment about worrying about Mitt's "mental well-being" should he get elected is red meat to his opponents. Had she said that during the primaries he wouldn't be the party's candidate today. Worrying about a presidential candidate's mental health is NOT a thought voters want to hear near finish line, and there is no way Mitt's supporters can put a positive spin on her statement.
I believe Ann thinks running for president is like organizing a dinner party for her millionaire friends

"Stop, you are stupid, this is hard"

"I am concerned by mittens mental health. Unemployment, poverty etc, we do not have those issues, those people the 47%, the moochers, we will never get them not to be poor and non-white, so they do not exist."

I love Ann Romney. Let her talk please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 08:57 AM

5,442 posts, read 4,508,737 times
Seamus the dog says "Karmas a b***h, Mitt".

Old 09-29-2012, 09:31 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,921,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You're right, but regardless of what their advisers tell them, most candidates and their spouses have better political instincts to begin with than to say something like that. It's not like the Romney's are complete political newcomers--they've been through numerous campaigns and Romney was a governor. They should get it by now. As I said earlier, I think Ann Romney's comment was a gaffe vs. some insight into Mitt's character, but at the same time I think they are two of the most politically tone deaf people I've ever seen run for a major office. I've said from early on in the primary process that Mitt would get the nomination, but that he would be a disaster as a candidate, and here we are...
I think that's a really apt description.

And as you say - it's not as if they're complete political novices To illustrate how I see it: it's almost as if he's always cruised along easily in his automatic but now he's suddenly got to drive a left hand drive stick shift - and he can't. At this point I would describe him and his campaign as off-road, ready to blow a gasket - and heading for the cliff

Old 09-29-2012, 10:11 AM

3 posts, read 1,936 times
Terrific. What does Ann know that voters don't? Now we have to worry about mental instability of the Republican candidate? Great. Just great.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:36 PM

14,752 posts, read 27,298,412 times
All narcissists "hit the wall" at some point.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:39 PM

8,561 posts, read 5,174,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I still can't get over her lack of political instincts. Her comment about worrying about Mitt's "mental well-being" should he get elected is red meat to his opponents. Had she said that during the primaries he wouldn't be the party's candidate today. Worrying about a presidential candidate's mental health is NOT a thought voters want to hear near finish line, and there is no way Mitt's supporters can put a positive spin on her statement.
Her statement was definitely a SEED planted in the minds of many which I think will continue to grow regardless of what they say now. It may not have been a clue into what's going on behind the scenes, but it certainly sounds that way, and I think it's something people will NOT FORGET. I know that even though I'm an Obama voter, the very idea that Mitt could somehow pull and upset and become President is terrifying to me......I'd be worried about his having a mental breakdown at any time!!

Old 09-29-2012, 03:08 PM

1,642 posts, read 1,297,171 times
Mitt's not the one with composite former girlfriends. I worry about Hussein's mental state.

Old 09-29-2012, 03:27 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,129,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Mitt's not the one with composite former girlfriends. I worry about Hussein's mental state.
seems like Ann is not afraid to let the world know...her husband might flip

Old 09-29-2012, 03:38 PM

12,126 posts, read 7,252,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
What the heck is that suppose to mean---"composite former girlfriends?"

Old 09-29-2012, 03:38 PM

863 posts, read 1,013,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayiask View Post
lol!! Why does that seem to make sense??
lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or