Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 11:56 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,703,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Liberals are still either stuck on stupid or attempting to re-write history.

Bush, McCain, and Greenspan ALL warned Congress over a DOZEN times that they'd better reign-in Fanny and Freddie or a financial meltdown would occur.

Dodds, Frank, and Watters called them racists for that and Frank said there was no problem.

Obama himself sued banks in Chicago to force them to give loans to people who could never pay them back.

The people who received the most campaign donations from Fanny and Freddie were, Frank, Dodds, Kerry, and Obama (even though he was only in Congress 1 year...he was 4th highest).

That are actual FACTS.

Economic Bailout: Who's To Blame? - YouTube">
Economic Bailout: Who's To Blame? - YouTube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" class="youtube_embed">

Economic Bailout: Who's To Blame? - YouTube
Then why was GWB promoting Fanny and Freddie to those who are struggling with their mortgages in his press briefing Sept 2, 2007? Who is attempting to "rewrite" history?

You will find this at time 8:00 in this video.

President Bush discusses problems in Mortgage Market - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 12:05 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,904,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I get that impression as well. Romney had nothing to do with what's happened to this country over the past 4 years yet this administration is either blaming him or blaming Bush.
The "left-wing" press you righties are moaning about has been used very profitably by repubs for their own aims - for example to change the decorated Kerry into a "coward and a traitor".
Bush, repub trickle-down, the 2008 crash, congressional obstruction and repub sour grapes is truly responsible for the mess we have today. The "community organizer" misjudged the level of hatred for him among right wing repubs in Congress. Congress has intentionally ground government to a halt in an attempt to blame Obama, via their media, for "getting nothing done".

You say "the press" is too hard on Romney - well such a chameleon needs to be challenged. There is nothing like the level of his evasive vacillations in recent memory. The press has been asking for specifics and getting the brush off.

The right wing has always hated the fourth estate - because it often tries to expose charlatans, and today's republican can't get elected without lies, distortions, "useful idiots" like the billionaire-purchased tea party, and dirty tricks like hastily-enacted voter i.d. laws.
If middle America finds out that the repub party is the party of plutocracy hiding behind a smokescreen of jingoism, it has no chance of winning any election. Thus the hatred of the "left wing" media which asks annoying questions.
It is the republican drift toward corporate oligarchy which brought us the 30-year decline to 2008 and which ended in 2009. Amazing, since the only task undertaken by congressional conservatives is to destroy Obama's presidency at all costs, while ignoring America's real problems. The party of Wall Street values the cheap-labor of workers in third-world countries over the good of middle Americans.
Romney's business experience is in buying up businesses and "harvesting" them by dismantling them and selling them off. Wall Street is "harvesting" America as we speak, and Romney is surrounding himself with Bush advisors who wish to return to 2008 and finish the job.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 09-30-2012 at 12:14 PM..

Old 09-30-2012, 12:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,703,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's just plain funny.

So you're saying if 0boy wins, the next 4 years he'll blame Romney for his failures instead of President Bush?

You're probably right.

Too funny. What a moronic doofus 0boy is.
No, my point was Obama is blaming the CAUSE of the recession which was the "trickle down" economics.

Let me repeat this for you "CAUSE.................which is trickle down ecomonics. Now if Bush or Romney is feeling vindicated because they doubled down on trickle down, they should be big boys and stand behind their failure policies instead of taking it personally.

Remember, Obama is blaming the CAUSE.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:10 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,334,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Well, my memory is pretty short but I seem to remember Kerry constantly getting shat on by the media. He was no media favorite.

Now, over the past four years, I have read some skewering op-ed pieces on Obama's performance. I think if the GOP could have come up with a better candidate, the press, even some that are typically liberal leaning, would have thrown themselves behind that candidate. The press, like everyone else, wants to back a winner. I believe (yes, it's just my opinion) that Romney was such a poor choice and the ambivalence of his own party towards him just set him up to not be a good candidate. The press sees his flaws. He just cannot connect with most of the country--just a specific group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Faux News excluded??
I agree. Look at that Newsweek cover from a few weeks ago. (Can't find a link, but it was very anti-Obama.)

Old 09-30-2012, 12:14 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,594,779 times
Oh good lord. Blaming the press again? Oh well. I guess Republicans have got to blame someone since they realize Romney is doomed to lose.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:15 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,142,819 times
Step 1. Claim the polls are all bogus. Dickie Morris just explained that LIBERAL MEDIA is using a new system of polling that is distorting the truth and that Romney would win in a landslide right now.

Step 2. Claim LIBERAL MEDIA is being unfair to Mitt as it chronicles all his gross missteps.

Now, let's say everything you right-wingers claim is true. You've been saying this for decades, yet Reagan and Bush were able to get elected and re-elected in this environment. The reason you've moved onto the denial and then the whining stage is because you're stuck with this god-awful candidate who no one likes and you're unwilling to confront the fact that your party will continue to serve up guys like McCain and Romney because they know you will faithfully march out and vote for them because, "At least he's better than the Democrat." It's comical, really.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:16 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,015,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh good lord. Blaming the press again? Oh well. I guess Republicans have got to blame someone since they realize Romney is doomed to lose.
Just stating facts. The press has not and will not go hard on the man who is actually President right now. The same press who goes on for days and days over anything anti-Romney. The press is corrupt and in bed with this Administration. Its a fact.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:17 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,219,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
LOL! When flipping through the channels, I noticed this theme was Fox News "talking point" for today. Is it possible for you right wingers to think critically and come up with an original thought of your own?
LOL

This is no surprise. I often see thread titles here that are virtually word for word what's coming out of the mouths of the right wing talking heads.

Too funny.

Last edited by Cinebar; 09-30-2012 at 12:27 PM..

Old 09-30-2012, 12:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,594,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
This is no surprise. I often seen thread titles here that are virtually word for word what's coming out of the mouths of the right wing talking heads.
Same here. It's pretty incredible to see how closely aligned they are to the daily talking points coming from right-wingers. And whatever it's about, there's always a tone of outrage - which then usually disappears by the following day. It's all hot air.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:22 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,362,822 times
New Flash for those of you who think that Romney should get a pass for his idiotic public comments on everything from the London Olympics to Libya: Presidential candidates have always been seen as potential presidents. They are expected to act presidential and everything they say or do is seen in the context of them in that office.

Really, if the guy's mental well-being can't take him being scrutinized before the election, how in the world is he going to fare if heaven forbid he should actually be elected?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections