Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 06:11 AM

88,942 posts, read 44,771,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Do you remember that prescription drug plan that bush introduced that ended up costing millions and the elderly could not figure out how to get in it or out? Well mitt/ryan big voucher plan will cause the elderly's head to explode not to mention cost them on average at least 2500 year more.
It won't cost them their lives like Obamacare will. Limiting readmissions for relapses and/or complications WILL cost lives.

Seniors, you better hope you don't become ill or require surgery after hospitals have already hit their readmissions limit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 08:04 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It won't cost them their lives like Obamacare will. Limiting readmissions for relapses and/or complications WILL cost lives.

Seniors, you better hope you don't become ill or require surgery after hospitals have already hit their readmissions limit
I'm guessing you're trying to claim that hospitals have the discretion to not treat a returning patient becuz the reach their penalty limit, right? You have some authority or citation that supports your nonsense?

Old 10-03-2012, 08:14 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,586,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
So when Obama is re-elected and I fully expect him to win what conclusions can we draw?

1. He has increased the welfare state and dependency on the government far more than any other President in recent times. If you didnt work and he gave you free things wouldnt you vote for him? Woud you care what the unemployment rate was?

2. The population is dumber. The hero worship on this guy is like nothing Ive ever seen before. The unemployment rate is higher than when he took office. Sad...
You forgot conclusion #3: he's still a better choice than Mitt Romney!

Old 10-03-2012, 09:05 AM

876 posts, read 708,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Excellent point as always, Lexus. Bush was a cancer eating at the heart of the nation and Obama is the cure. Anyone who has ever had cancer knows, radiation doesn't work overnight. You have to keep going for months, sometimes years; in the case of the Bush cancer, it will be decades before the cancer is finally beaten. Don't be surprised when Democrats are bringing up Bush in the 2030s and still winning elections by doing so, GOPers. You had your fun voting for that stooge twice. The party is over now. It's time for the adults to clean up the mess.
Comparing obama to radiation treatments is a pretty good analogy. He sure does make me sick!

Old 10-03-2012, 09:28 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,590,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
So when Obama is re-elected and I fully expect him to win what conclusions can we draw?

1. He has increased the welfare state and dependency on the government far more than any other President in recent times. If you didnt work and he gave you free things wouldnt you vote for him? Woud you care what the unemployment rate was?

2. The population is dumber. The hero worship on this guy is like nothing Ive ever seen before. The unemployment rate is higher than when he took office. Sad...

You're discounting the fact that the current president is matched against one of the most incompetent, gaffe-prone, unlikeable, and unappealing presidential candidates of all-time.

Romney is an empty suit. "Just elect me. That's all you people need to know."

Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,713,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I'm guessing you're trying to claim that hospitals have the discretion to not treat a returning patient becuz the reach their penalty limit, right? You have some authority or citation that supports your nonsense?
Don't be so naive. I've worked in the hospital for many years. They are already encouraged to keep patient stays to a minimum but I have seen time and time again where patients return days later and in worse condition. One thing I know is your health can be unpredictable. We all heard about people going to the hospital with a certain condition and they were sent home and they died shortly after coming home.

Families are not educated enough to take care of family and home care nurses can not stay there all the time. Believe me, if you are admitted to a hospital and they are discharging you, you better go out kicking and screaming because if you have to return to the hospital before your 30 days are up, your in trouble.

I see two things happening here. People will basically be getting a death sentence and there will be allot of law suits.

No one, other than a doctor should dictate the treatment or patient care. NO ONE, not even Obamacare!

Now by law, Obamacare will dictate your healthcare.

Last edited by petch751; 10-03-2012 at 09:50 AM..

Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,713,212 times
Pay special attention to the last sentence.

The reform of capitalism, when the capitalist system is sufficiently neutralized the rest comes relatively easy.

You would be fed, clothed, lodged, taught, and employed whether you liked it or not. If it were discovered that you had not the character and industry enough to be worth all this trouble, you might possibly be executed in a kindly manner.”

Last edited by petch751; 10-03-2012 at 09:51 AM..

Old 10-03-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
3) Democrat voters are least informed according to Pew Research:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/26241507-post1.html

P-E-W says it all.

And of course the Republicans---those intelligent, erudite, common-sense, rational-thinking folks gave us Mitt Romney.

This election was handed to President Obama on a silver platter. Thanks GOP!!!!!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,424 times
Fact=this thread is a lie

Old 10-03-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Fact=this thread is a lie

This is a free country.

YOU PEOPLE can believe what YOU PEOPLE want to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections