Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 01:26 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times

Advertisements

Ummmm.... Voting is of public record.. Mommy and Daddy can just go to the county courthouse and look... It's open information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 01:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post

I can tell you one thing - the kids are NOT happy about Michelle Obama's interference with the cafeteria lunch menus, and the changes that resulted. I'm waiting for Spencer's to come out with a shirt advertising that message.
Now that would be interesting to observe.

If kids wore that in the local mall I can see the Boomers telling them, "So make your own lunch! I did!"

Old 09-30-2012, 01:34 PM

39,843 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
... surveys have shown that the overwhelming majority of men and women under the age of 35 list "The Daily Show" as their primary source of television news.

Jon Stewart Biography | The Daily Show Biography | The Daily Show
Pretty sad that there are people that can't diferentiate between a bad comedy and news. I'm suprised they don't list South Park as the main source.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:36 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,928,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
They have been paying attention, and they don’t like what they see or hear coming out of this White House. A survey released by the vastyouth empowerment movement known as Generation Opportunity offers a wakeup call for both candidates, but especially the president. Among the findings are that:
  • 54% believe of youths believe America is on the wrong track, while only 24% feel the U.S. is headed in the right direction.
  • More than 50% are pessimistic about the country’s future, and 61% say that their vote in November will be reflection of a candidate’s record, not charisma.
Millennials have been educating themselves on the issues and have opinions. When it comes to the economy and federal spending:
  • 89% say the current state of the economy is impacting their day-to-day lives, and 77% report delaying major life changes due to economic restraints.
  • 66% are worried about the U.S. financial debt, and 71% have grave concerns about the deficit.
  • Two thirds also believe that money spent on Social Security would be safer under their pillows than in the hands of the U.S. Treasury.
  • 69% believe the federal government is not making enough sacrifices right now.
These young voters are acutely aware that paying back the massive debt being run up by this administration will become their and their children’s responsibility. They realize that actions over the past four years have forced them to defer their dreams while the Obama White House has elected to defer its debt onto their shoulders.

Here is one more Generation Opportunity stat that the president may want to pay close attention to, this one of the swing state of Ohio: 81% of Buckeye State Millennials say they plan to vote in the election for president this year.

Related Articles
More denial! Seriously Republicans, you need to admit you have a problem attracting youth. Until you do so, you'll continue to lose ground. Good luck on Nov 6 hahahahahahaha

Old 09-30-2012, 01:38 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,928,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Pretty sad that there are people that can't diferentiate between a bad comedy and news. I'm suprised they don't list South Park as the main source.
Even more sad is Glen Beck, at least Jon Stewart doesn't say if you don't do something we will all die.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:39 PM

Personally I think for the most part, the youth are just going to stay home this time.. I could be wrong, but I think a lot of them have thrown in the towel on both parties and their candidates.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:39 PM

108 posts, read 113,443 times
Quote:
Forget lecturing them to "think" if their whole aim in voting for Obama is just to defy Mommy and Daddy.

But they'd better not tick off the people whose basement they're living in.

Good Point.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Even more sad is Glen Beck, at least Jon Stewart doesn't say if you don't do something we will all die.
Hmmm... Has Beck moved away from telling people to read for themselves and make their own conclussions? I know he did at one time. Not a fan of Beck, but I would say he has to be more informed than Jon Stewart. That guy is an idiot!!

Old 09-30-2012, 01:58 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Forget lecturing them to "think" if their whole aim in voting for Obama is just to defy Mommy and Daddy.

But they'd better not tick off the people whose basement they're living in.
I'm tired of people insulting young adults. You made no point with this post.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:02 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,040 times
The one thing keeping young people from voting Republican is their policies on social issues. Young people are not just for gay marriage, they are passionate about it. That is a deal breaker for many young people and that's why they are going to support Obama on Nov 6th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections