Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 12:46 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I was talking directly about this show Ryan was on. This entire witch hunt about this is complete BS, on this show. There will be a time and a place, whether we understand it or not that they will reveal their plan, in a way that everyone can understand.

There would be no way in that short amount of time to explain the "Math" of this.
Oh yes, they want you to wait until after the election so they don't complicate this election with "details."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 12:49 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
OH, so that was the problem all this time on why Romney has not given the specifics to the American people on his tax plan. It would take too long to explain. Maybe they realized the arithmetic wasn't adding up like Clinton suggested in he speech at the DNC. Geeze, I was wondering all this time but I guess we finally know now folks. Mittster better find the time to explain it to the American people and he will have his chance on Wednesday but I'm sure it will the same old dance around the specifics so I don't expect anything different from this character. I guess these two still have the attitude.... Vote for me and I'll tell you the specifics after the election. Nah, it doesn't work that way. The American people are paying attention!

Paul Ryan: 'It Would Take Me Too Long' To Explain Mitt Romney's Tax Plan (VIDEO)
Ryan now forfeited the right to criticize Pelosi's infamous "We have to pass it to find out what's in it."

Old 10-01-2012, 01:09 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
The basics of his tax plan have been on Romney's website for a long time, so this just goes to show that you are among the liberal-media-brainwashed. There is 100% NO DOUBT if he tried to explain the tax code, the liberal BS would say, "Ooooohhhh, he is so stupid. He thinks it's that simple. He obviously doesn't understand anything about economics or tax issues." It's almost funny but it's not because so many of you followers fall for their lies and manipulation. Tax | Mitt Romney for President
Your link talks about cutting taxes but says nothing about closing loopholes or increasing income in any way. Will this tax plan be sufficient to support expenditures? Will it address the budget deficit? I assume that the deficit is very important to you--are you worried about whether this plan will lower it or not?

Old 10-01-2012, 01:11 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I was talking directly about this show Ryan was on. This entire witch hunt about this is complete BS, on this show. There will be a time and a place, whether we understand it or not that they will reveal their plan, in a way that everyone can understand.
There would be no way in that short amount of time to explain the "Math" of this.
You asked if the average ho-hum person would understand the budget if explained.

In any case, you make Romney sound like God, or the Wizard of Oz. The election is 5 weeks away. Don't you think they should go ahead and reveal their plan now? What are they waiting for?

Romney is supposed to be some sort of financial genius--let's see it. Go ahead and talk above our heads, Mitt. We'll try to figure it out.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:24 PM

18 posts, read 28,859 times
Default Major Disappointment

As an independent Ryan had intrigued me, but he is losing me in very shot order now.

First, at the convention when he had time to flesh out his plan to the country, with no one interrupting him, he stayed away from telling how he was going to accomplished what he says he can do without raising taxes.

Instead he chose to tell about 5 complete whoppers that I would have expected from Romney who has no relationship with the truth, much like Obama, for that matter.

And now he's saying there's no time to give even a short answer? No, there was time. The fact is, he knows if he tells his full plan, the people will be up in arms, so he chooses to tell lies like there is no time. He doesn't want to deal with the consequences of the truth until after the election, kind of like Nixon's secret plan to end the war, which was simply to do even more bombing on civilian centers.

Nixon knew not to tell, but at least he said, "It's secret," not, "I don't have time."

But I can guarantee you, the Ryan plan would not end up lowering spending. They will increase it, just like Obama will and just like every president and congress did with the exception of the Clinton years.

But Ryan/Romney would cut mainly into social programs while bloating an already way too bloated military budget even more and giving away the saving on the social cuts to billionaires.

Unfortunately, we are screwed no matter who "wins".

I put that in quotes, because the elite select the president. They are never elected.

see Votescam: The Stealing of America

Our only hope is the Ron Paul message. If he were allowed to get in the white house, he would be JFK'd, so it's not that Ron Paul is our hope, but his message is. When enough of us get what he is teaching and our willing to put ourselves on the line for liberty, then there can be real change. It's not going to come from voting for a repooplican or democrap.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:57 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterednotthehorse View Post
As an independent Ryan had intrigued me, but he is losing me in very shot order now.

First, at the convention when he had time to flesh out his plan to the country, with no one interrupting him, he stayed away from telling how he was going to accomplished what he says he can do without raising taxes.

Instead he chose to tell about 5 complete whoppers that I would have expected from Romney who has no relationship with the truth, much like Obama, for that matter.

And now he's saying there's no time to give even a short answer? No, there was time. The fact is, he knows if he tells his full plan, the people will be up in arms, so he chooses to tell lies like there is no time. He doesn't want to deal with the consequences of the truth until after the election, kind of like Nixon's secret plan to end the war, which was simply to do even more bombing on civilian centers.

Nixon knew not to tell, but at least he said, "It's secret," not, "I don't have time."

But I can guarantee you, the Ryan plan would not end up lowering spending. They will increase it, just like Obama will and just like every president and congress did with the exception of the Clinton years.

But Ryan/Romney would cut mainly into social programs while bloating an already way too bloated military budget even more and giving away the saving on the social cuts to billionaires.

Unfortunately, we are screwed no matter who "wins".

I put that in quotes, because the elite select the president. They are never elected.

see Votescam: The Stealing of America

Our only hope is the Ron Paul message. If he were allowed to get in the white house, he would be JFK'd, so it's not that Ron Paul is our hope, but his message is. When enough of us get what he is teaching and our willing to put ourselves on the line for liberty, then there can be real change. It's not going to come from voting for a repooplican or democrap.
The Romney/Ryan's campaign's philosophy was no policies just run on that Obama is a bad President and it's not working. You need to have facts. I'm an Independent as well, if there is a Presidential candidate that went up against Obama that had specific facts and new ideas to help this country, I am all ears and would have given them an opportunity and hear them out. For me the Right is too extreme and they scare me out of my wits. At this point in time, I willing to give Obama four more years than take a economic gamble with the "no specifics" that Romney is offering the American people. I don't want to support people that have "no time" to explain their position. Really? You want my vote? Well, If you don't have the time to explain than I don't have the time to vote for you guys. Hows that sound! Romney and Ryan are both empty suites and offer the American people "NOTHING" to hold on to but the same old tired policies from Bush with the same Bush advisers on his team. YUK. I am not going back to that. NO THANK YOU! Bush was a dam train wreck it what he did to our country. Obama has ideas and policies and people can disagree with them or not, but here they are for the American people to see.

Last edited by jojo7; 10-01-2012 at 02:05 PM..

Old 10-01-2012, 02:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
OH, so that was the problem all this time on why Romney has not given the specifics to the American people on his tax plan. It would take too long to explain. Maybe they realized the arithmetic wasn't adding up like Clinton suggested in he speech at the DNC. Geeze, I was wondering all this time but I guess we finally know now folks. Mittster better find the time to explain it to the American people and he will have his chance on Wednesday but I'm sure it will the same old dance around the specifics so I don't expect anything different from this character. I guess these two still have the attitude.... Vote for me and I'll tell you the specifics after the election. Nah, it doesn't work that way. The American people are paying attention!

Paul Ryan: 'It Would Take Me Too Long' To Explain Mitt Romney's Tax Plan (VIDEO)
wow did you really watch the interview or are you just taking it out of context like you often do? If you really watched, you would have been amazed at how well Ryan did and how he kept his composure. Not many can do that when being interviewed by Chis Wallace, he is a tough interviewer. I have never had an opinion about Ryan either way until yesterday...It isn't Ryan's place to explain what Romney has in mind. plac

Vote for me and I will tell you sounds more like what Pres Obama is saying, cause he can only lie so long.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:04 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,735,637 times
Paul Ryan: "It would take me too long to explain Romney's tax plan"

American Public: "Seriously? You think we're all that stupid? Humor us. We're waiting."

Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 PM

39,074 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow did you really watch the interview or are you just taking it out of context like you often do? If you really watched, you would have been amazed at how well Ryan did and how he kept his composure. Not many can do that when being interviewed by Chis Wallace, he is a tough interviewer. I have never had an opinion about Ryan either way until yesterday...It isn't Ryan's place to explain what Romney has in mind. plac

Vote for me and I will tell you sounds more like what Pres Obama is saying, cause he can only lie so long.
Ryan knows his numbers don't pencil out. If he did, the question would have been a softball for him.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:31 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Paul Ryan: "It would take me too long to explain Romney's tax plan"

American Public: "Seriously? You think we're all that stupid? Humor us. We're waiting."
Obama: 2008, I have a plan...

Americans: 2012 still waiting to see this plan.......we may have been stupid before, but not now....humor us, we're waiting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections